Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    How is that in any way PC?

I don't think that your synapses are firing correctly.
    You're assuming that they ever fired correctly.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Re: thoughts from a friend..

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      It comes down to state of mind. Hasan knew exactly what he was doing, that is as obvious as a WCHA ref knowing what a goal is, oh wait, bad example. Anyway, he knew what he was doing.

Bales I am not convinced he knew what he was doing with the PTSD issue. PTSD shuts off filters in your head and you can do things that your head would normally filter out as a bad idea. He could be simply using PTSD as an excuse, as Hasan is with his sanity, but the medical folks have to determine the truth, which with mental issues can be different shades of grey.

Old Pio......Value of human life.....I fully support in wartime to kill as many enemy as possible to spare American lives, but that is the only instance where one could support that. What Bales and Hasan did was not under this pretense, it was flat out murder. Life is life, I cannot fathom how someone can sit here and sanely (I'm giving you an out here) say an American life is worth more than a Japanese or Afgan life, or a Catholic life worth more than a Protestant. That thought is the very genesis of every instance of genocide the world has ever endured.
      You seem to be under the imppression that I think either one of these two should be able to skate on the charges. Nothing could be further from the truth. However, if it was Bales who murdered a bunch of GI's and "Dr." Hasan went ape and murdered Afgan citizens, I'd say Bales committed the greater crime. In a four graph post you and the rest the critics are taking nine words out of context to raise a fuss. While studiously ignoring the full argument for "Dr." Hasan's greater culpability. Knock yourselves out.

You aren't going to bill me for that diagnosis, are you "Dr." And while you were going down your PC checklist, you forgot white life over black life, straight life over gay live, male life over female life, etc. How clever, in one breath you reluctantly concede I may be sane. But in the next, inferentially suggest I think like Pol Pot. In its simplest terms, my argument is that context matters in judging the value of a human life. And you seem to agree. But you also apparantly don't want to pass up an opportunity to do a little preening.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 03-24-2012, 02:46 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Imagine the scene...

Children and mothers begging for their lives. Children not understanding why this is happening. Mothers watching their kids murdered in front of their eyes.

Are you serious or just a seriously flawed human?

If it comes down to soldier versus soldier, I want us to win. Decisively. If we could win 15,000 - 0, I'd be happy as a clam.

US Soldier murdering (not talking an accident here) civilians = US Soldier murdering anyone else including other soldiers.

You really think this is trolling?
        What would the bombing campaigns of WWII be classified as?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Let me give you an example. In the closing days of the war in the Pacific we conducted massive B-29 raids over Tokyo, which killed tens of thousands of civilians. Because of Japanese intransigence following the Pottsdam Declaration, we dropped two nuclear weapons, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which also killed tens of thousands. But the lives of countless thousands of our fathers and grandfathers were spared as a result, because the Japanese threw in the towel and we didn't have to invade Honshu. And if the Japanese had refused to surrender after the first two nukes, I would have waited 'till we built some more and kept right on dropping them. In that circumstance, I value the lives of our GI's higher than the lives of the Japanese civilians. And the fact that Fat Man and Little Boy also probably saved countless Japanese lives that would have been lost attempting to repel an invasion is what they call lagniappe in Louisiana.
          No problem with the usage of the big bombs, but your example doesn't support your stance on this one imho and I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            What would the bombing campaigns of WWII be classified as?

So you're comparing bomber crews following orders to a soldier leaving his base and gunning down families in their homes?

Is that your argument?

Comment

So the murder of the Afghans was intended to save lives? It was a planned tactical maneuver?
              "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Wonder what will happen when the two meet up in Leavensworth in the distant future.

Comment

Bigger betrayal? Sure.

Worse to kill and American than an Afghan? Murder is murder.
                  Afghans aren't real people, if anything they're only half people. Plus he said kids, they're smaller, so that is like half of a half person. Really, they were only 1/4 of a real person.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The most terrifying thing about this thread is mookie did not include the notice that unless we pass it on to ten of our own friends, we will become Muslim.

I'm afraid we're all in the soup, now.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The most terrifying thing about this thread is mookie did not include the notice that unless we pass it on to ten of our own friends, we will become Muslim.

I'm afraid we're all in the soup, now.
                      I'm not budging until I get my virgins first.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                      X