Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Who cares
    Every team ecac has good grades
    Every team has nice kids
    Give me freakin wins
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Amen to that brother.

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      Who cares
      Every team ecac has good grades
      Every team has nice kids
      Give me freakin wins

Comment

Losing Tommy Grant may be an even bigger loss than we think. One of things I had mentioned in the recruits thread, and is relevant to our team today, is that we have an abnormally large amount of left-handed players. In fact, this year we have exactly five right-handed shots. As much as my inner natural southpaw is thrilled at this notion, it seems like a great disadvantage, similar to one you'd see in small-high-school sports where virtually everyone's right-handed. Grant is of the "minority" dexterity on this team.

I don't know if anyone has been paying this close of attention on games where video's readily available, but how often are our opponents breaking out of or clearing the zone on their left side (our right)? Are they using our dexteric disadvantage against us in any other way? Are our players being "forced right"?

Obviously I don't know how much can be done about it now given the team is what we have, but in years we've really struggled, this has been one of the noticeable points.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Not that we're the Detroit Red Wings, but they went a number of years with almost no one shooting right. Systems and skill can overcome that particular issue.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Not that we're the Detroit Red Wings, but they went a number of years with almost no one shooting right. Systems and skill can overcome that particular issue.
            You are 100% correct. If they shoot right, force them left. You work with what you have and devise systems according to your talent. I hate to say this Flag, but this season has you on the glue again. Knock it off!!
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              You are 100% correct. If they shoot right, force them left. You work with what you have and devise systems according to your talent. I hate to say this Flag, but this season has you on the glue again. Knock it off!!
              I don't know about glue, but this season is driving a lot of us to drink.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                Let's assume you can devise strategies to work with it. I'd say Appert hasn't, given when we have this large disparagement, we have a terrible year, as was also proved in 2014-15.

Comment

Penn state brought in a star recruit mid season why didn't appert get a goalie in here
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    Penn state brought in a star recruit mid season why didn't appert get a goalie in here
                    Probably because we already have two scholarship goalies (yes I understand we had three in 12-13). Not to mention, wouldn't the scholarships already be used up and he'd end up being a walk-on?

Comment

Ken Schott ‏@slapschotts 3m3 minutes ago
                      #RPIHockey announces that goalie Cam Hackett has been suspended indefinitely for failing to uphold team standards. #ECACHockey
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

as if adding fuel to this dumpster fire wasn't enough, extremely curious to do the morning of a home weekend series. Does Scott Saari have any eligibility left?
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

As if things couldn't get any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            as if adding fuel to this dumpster fire wasn't enough, extremely curious to do the morning of a home weekend series. Does Scott Saari have any eligibility left?
                            It's entirely possible it was done during the week in practice, and media days aren't until the day before a game. I highly doubt the staff would jump to announce that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              I wonder if we could borrow Lovisa Selander. She played against men's teams in Sweden.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What exactly does "Uphold team standards" mean?
                                What do we have to replace Perry if he gets hurt during the game?
                                I can't imagine what the individuals on this team are going through.
                                Its gonna be a long weekend.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X