LSSU Lakers 2018 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I haven't heard anything new about that; I assume that still may happen.
    Damon has been pretty mum about it. Hope Jeff Jackson keeps his word.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-13-2018, 06:16 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018 off-season thread

We have a new recruit, forward Melvin Karlsson from Sweden. Not sure if he's coming next season or the following one.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231619

Comment

Seems like a lot of new players coming in again at one time and makes you wonder who will not be coming back .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Seems like a lot of new players coming in again at one time and makes you wonder who will not be coming back .
          From this past season's roster, we know we have at least 7 guys that won't be back. Wright, Chatham, Renz, McArdle, Henke, Hayes and Nenadal. So it's likely we'll have at least 6 or 7 (maybe a couple more) new guys. We can't assume that all of the newer commitments are for this coming season either, despite what the recruiting web sites may project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            From this past season's roster, we know we have at least 7 guys that won't be back. Wright, Chatham, Renz, McArdle, Henke, Hayes and Nenadal. So it's likely we'll have at least 6 or 7 (maybe a couple more) new guys. We can't assume that all of the newer commitments are for this coming season either, despite what the recruiting web sites may project.
            I think that Karlsson will need to clear eligibility too, since he's played a few professional games in Sweden.

Also, looking at this past season, I think you'll be seeing a couple of extra guys come in, in case of injury. We saw how thin the team got with all the injuries we had this season, hopefully that won't happen again.

One more thing: Supposedly Bengert got cleared to play next season, so we'll likely see one heck of a fight for the #1 & #2 spots in net this season.
            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
              I think that Karlsson will need to clear eligibility too, since he's played a few professional games in Sweden.
              Yeah, I saw that too. Could be that they figure he'll be able to practice with the team next season, but have to sit out a year (hopefully less), having 3 years of eligibility. I'm not sure what the timing is of eligibility appeals to the NCAA; probably they've already started that process, maybe they've already had some informal feedback from the NCAA, who knows. It doesn't seem like they would have proceeded as far as having him sign his NLI unless they figured he would be cleared to play at some point.

Comment

An NLI has come in from Jesse Tucker; he's 2 or 3 seasons away from joining the Lakers.

Comment

Press release from LSSU on the guys signing NLIs during this signing period. Although the article refers to this group as the "2018-19 Lakers Hockey class", I don't believe all these guys will be joining the Lakers for the upcoming 2018-19 season. I think Manz, Tucker and DenBeste are at least another season out. We'll have to see about Karlsson.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20180417q5wer3
                  Last edited by Bill; 04-17-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Press release from LSSU on the guys signing NLIs during this signing period. Although the article refers to this group as the "2018-19 Lakers Hockey class", I don't believe all these guys will be joining the Lakers for the upcoming 2018-19 season. I think Manz, Tucker and DenBeste are at least another season out. We'll have to see about Karlsson.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20180417q5wer3
                    Does anybody happen to remember who all was signed during the fall signing period?
                    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                      Does anybody happen to remember who all was signed during the fall signing period?
                      Louis Boudon is the only guy I can remember.

I think Mike Mannara will be coming in this season although he signed his NLI a year or more ago. Same with Ashton Calder and Owen Guy.
                      Last edited by Bill; 04-17-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                        This is the only one I found. http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20171127ip2dj2

Comment

I think the Lakers will be playing at Merrimack early this coming season. Haven't seen the dates yet; might be a season opening series.

Comment

I think the Lakers will be playing at Merrimack early this coming season. Haven't seen the dates yet; might be a season opening series.
                            If true, it would be pretty cool to see Scott Borek's first games as head coach at Merrimack come against us.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Playing against Borek is like a bad dream coming back to haunt you .

Comment

• Anyone think there will be any talk of league realignment at the upcoming meetings in Florida this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X