Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

CHI had to make some moves to free up cap space (even after Hossa seems destined for LTIR and salary relief). However, this move really doesn't do all that much from a cap perspective.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-23-2017, 11:30 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

And they traded Panarin Bread!!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...623-story.html

Edit to add: I do like Saad, though. But Panarin Bread!
      Last edited by Bomber; 06-23-2017, 11:40 AM.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

The trade tracker. Bombshells today

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The trade tracker. Bombshells today

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker
          And it's not quite high noon in Chitown!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            CHI had to make some moves to free up cap space (even after Hossa seems destined for LTIR and salary relief). However, this move really doesn't do all that much from a cap perspective.
            Yep, if Murphy plays in the NHL this season they only have a $250,000 savings over Hjalmarsson.

Word on the street is that with Hjalmarsson's and Panarin's contracts being up for renewal at the same time, they wouldn't be able to resign both. So they dumped both of them.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NYR don't lose Raanta in the expansion draft, and protect Stepan (the "A"), just to trade them BOTH away for the ARI first round pick this year (and a defenseman with under 40 career NHL games)?

I guess NYR didn't want CHI to win today's "headscratcher move of the day" award.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That trade is silly on both sides. ARI trading away futures for guys who area almost 30 makes no sense either.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  NYR don't lose Raanta in the expansion draft, and protect Stepan (the "A"), just to trade them BOTH away for the ARI first round pick this year (and a defenseman with under 40 career NHL games)?

I guess NYR didn't want CHI to win today's "headscratcher move of the day" award.
                  To be fair DeAngelo has a pretty high projection ceiling and looked good in limited time on the offensive side of things in the show.

Also, the 7th overall pick in this year's draft could land them Glass or Mittelstadt who project as top 2 centers.

Oh yeah they freed up 6.5 million in cap space from a grossly overpaid #2 center.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm concerned that Vegas hasn't been involved in nearly enough transactions this week and that it doesn't have enough first round picks.
                    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      To be fair DeAngelo has a pretty high projection ceiling and looked good in limited time on the offensive side of things in the show.

Also, the 7th overall pick in this year's draft could land them Glass or Mittelstadt who project as top 2 centers.

Oh yeah they freed up 6.5 million in cap space from a grossly overpaid #2 center.
                      6.5 is not grossly overpaid for a 2C lol

Comment

Oshie resigns with Capitals - 8yrs/ $46 million.

He'll be 38/39 when it runs out. Buyout @ 35????
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Oshie resigns with Capitals - 8yrs/ $46 million.

He'll be 38/39 when it runs out. Buyout @ 35????
                          Interesting. I guess that means they think their window is still another 4 years.

Wonder if they'll make it all the way without ever reaching the conference finals.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Interesting. I guess that means they think their window is still another 4 years.

Wonder if they'll make it all the way without ever reaching the conference finals.
                            No draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds. They shot their bolt and now the interest is keeping fannies in the seats by putting lipstick on a pig.

I stopped being a fan when I realized hockey decisions were made by the marketing department.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              And they traded Panarin Bread!!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...623-story.html

Edit to add: I do like Saad, though. But Panarin Bread!
                              I suppose the idea must be that the Saad/Toewes combination greatly exceeds the sum of the parts, hence the value. But yeah, losing Panarin hurts.

Comment

Teemu, Kariya, Recchi, Andreychuk, Danielle Goyette, builders Clare Drake and Jeremy Jacobs are your 2017 HHOF inductees.

Comment

Working...
                                X