Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Killing the planet?
    And again with the subject change. It's good to know you have absolutely nothing of substance to defend your position.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      And again with the subject change. It's good to know you have absolutely nothing of substance to defend your position.
      You brought up WMD. I responded. I'd say that one's on you.

The automobile argument was already in play in the thread. I brought it back to point out the "but it has real uses" case to contrast with WMDs.

As far as substance, you're the one wheeling about to WMDs and flailing about saying "subject change!".
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        we have them for defense, right? (MAD was a form of defense)
        So you're saying a person or a society has a right to self defense.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          So you're saying a person or a society has a right to self defense.
          The Halkans would disagree.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Killing the planet?
            Trumpy's not gonna like you any more, global warming conspiracist.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              The Halkans would disagree.
              We accept that your Federation is benevolent at present, but the future is always in question. Our dilithium crystals represent awesome power. Wrongful use of that power, even to the extent of the taking of one life, would violate our history of total peace. To prevent that, we would die, Captain. As a race, if necessary.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                We accept that your Federation is benevolent at present, but the future is always in question. Our dilithium crystals represent awesome power. Wrongful use of that power, even to the extent of the taking of one life, would violate our history of total peace. To prevent that, we would die, Captain. As a race, if necessary.
                A different episode:
                To wage war, Captain? To kill millions of innocent people? To destroy life on a planetary scale? Is that what you're defending?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Trumpy's not gonna like you any more, global warming conspiracist.
                  He doesn't like me already: I didn't vote for him.

He's a "you're with me or not" kind of guy to my eye.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A different episode:
                    To wage war, Captain? To kill millions of innocent people? To destroy life on a planetary scale? Is that what you're defending?
                    That was what I thought you were going for originally. "We find interference in other people's affairs... most disgusting, but you gentlemen have given us no choice." "Yes, please leave us. The mere presence of beings like yourselves is intensely painful to us."
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2018, 12:14 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      That was what I thought you were going for originally. "We find interference in other people's affairs... most disgusting, but you gentlemen have given us no choice." "Yes, please leave us. The mere presence of beings like yourselves is intensely painful to us."
                      Better quote 2nd time around.

I bet your Cornellians say that to all the Cantabs.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

He doesn't like me already: I didn't vote for him.

He's a "you're with me or not" kind of guy to my eye.
                        Send him some money, it'll all be ok. And for "not being with him" you seem to be pretty "with him"

Comment

Better quote 2nd time around.

I bet your Cornellians say that to all the Cantabs.
                          It's the other way. We're the "Canadian hordes from the North." We might as well be Klingons as far as Hahvahd is concerned. We are, after all, the People's Ivy.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Dicks sales soaring after banning gun sales

https://www.newsandguts.com/link/cnn...ssault-rifles/

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Dicks sales soaring after banning gun sales

https://www.newsandguts.com/link/cnn...ssault-rifles/
                              Same store sales down 2.5%. I don’t begrudge them because of their gun policy changes, but think they face a tough future. They don’t really sell high quality stuff and their prices aren’t anything special. It’s a good last minute place but that only goes so far.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Same store sales down 2.5%. I don’t begrudge them because of their gun policy changes, but think they face a tough future. They don’t really sell high quality stuff and their prices aren’t anything special. It’s a good last minute place but that only goes so far.
                                So, like any other big box store.

Comment

Working...
                                X