Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    If it's any consolation: that was some GREAT puck movement leading into your opening goals.
    Barely. They looked good in the first, decent in the third, but horrific in the second. 5 goals in one period? What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
      HERE is a Jed Ortmeyer story I would be absolutely SHOCKED if more than one or two of you have heard.
      I have had season tickets for about 25 years and think of Jed as perhaps the BEST captain we have had during that period. When he was captain the team played all out for the entire game. He did not let them give anything less than 100%. God how I wish we had someone like him again.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jed...ud%20Die%20For
      Thanks for posting this Joe. Jed was one of our best Captains ever.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Barely. They looked good in the first, decent in the third, but horrific in the second. 5 goals in one period? What's going on?
        Wheels are falling off fast. Sad to see Red go out like this, but I put this on the system that Wiseman is running. Pond shinny hockey, no defensive emphasis. The rookies look lost out there and the leadership has melted down. Doesn't make sense to have a guy not even dressing that is wearing a letter on his sweater.

I'm glad that nothing developed in the third period. Wisconsin was yapping pretty good, had reason to after the 2nd period, but geez, get some character, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Wisconsin was yapping pretty good, had reason to after the 2nd period, but geez, get some character, guys.
          LOL. A UM fan whining about another team yapping? The irony is OVERWHELMING.
          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            Disgraceful. Alex Kile is like making Guptill a captain when he was here. Taking cheap shots, taking boarding penalties and getting ejected, getting suspended for off-ice issues.

The disturbing things going on have nothing to do with the score tonight and everything to do with the culture and body language out there. There are guys (even Lavigne) gooning it up because they can't generate shots on goal much less score goals. Lest we forget about the new tradition of screwing the goalies over and giving them zero help. Nagelvoort doesn't deserve this and is doing pretty well all things considered.

Never thought I'd see it come to this. Red does not deserve this. Michigan Hockey does not deserve this.
            You got it backward. You DO deserve this. You are getting exactly what you deserve.

Red has been running a country club for years. Unfortunately for Red the recruiting has fallen off as he's aged. He's no longer able to recruit the blue chippers who traditionally have been able to mask his flaws of poor defense, cheap shots and lack of hustle. So that's why they're getting blown out of games. As a fan of a former CCHA rival, I am LOVING THIS.

The only question remaining is how long will UM allow Red to sink the ship? Will you let him come back for yet another disaster of a season? Or do you gently push him out the door before the team finishes last in the Big 14? God I would love a last place UM finish. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
            Last edited by Dirty Dream No. 2; 12-10-2016, 11:18 AM.
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Wheels are falling off fast. Sad to see Red go out like this, but I put this on the system that Wiseman is running. Pond shinny hockey, no defensive emphasis. The rookies look lost out there and the leadership has melted down. Doesn't make sense to have a guy not even dressing that is wearing a letter on his sweater.

I'm glad that nothing developed in the third period. Wisconsin was yapping pretty good, had reason to after the 2nd period, but geez, get some character, guys.
              Maybe we need to sit the majority of seniors, again.

For how that second ended, that third was remarkably clean- we were relieved, too, that it didn't get ugly.

I wish I knew how to talk to the players we know about the issues- but I don't really know how to without sounding like a bad fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                You got it backward. You DO deserve this. You are getting exactly what you deserve.

Red has been running a country club for years. Unfortunately for Red the recruiting has fallen off as he's aged. He's no longer able to recruit the blue chippers who traditionally have been able to mask his flaws of poor defense, cheap shots and lack of hustle. So that's why they're getting blown out of games. As a fan of a former CCHA rival, I am LOVING THIS.

The only question remaining is how long will UM allow Red to sink the ship? Will you let him come back for yet another disaster of a season? Or do you gently push him out the door before the team finishes last in the Big 14? God I would love a last place UM finish. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
                I don't get to see the games, but that is basically how Woog ended his career at MN.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                  I don't get to see the games, but that is basically how Woog ended his career at MN.
                  Sad, but not much fans can do about it.

Comment

So happy wet dream is on my ignore list.

Comment

Truth hurts
                      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Michigan fans are so delusional. Seriously, of all schools to whine and complain about another school "yapping" while blowing them out. Memories are long and the truth hurts. Almost every other school in the CCHA was on the receiving end of a UM beat down at some point in time, complete with late hits, cheap shots after the whistle and yapping and jawing from UM players as they piled on the goals and the referees looked the other way. It happens, that's athletics.

But then when the tables turn, these Walvies whine and complain about unsportsmanlike behavior out of other schools' players. Mee-yow.
                        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Some people like to revel in other's failures. Which really puts their life into perspective, I think.

Hard to feel sorry for how pathetic their life must be.

Comment

It's hard to blame Red. He's been so successful for so long, he doesn't want to admit that the style that worked for him for over 30 years doesn't work anymore. But, again, the truth hurts. Red's never been big on defense because blue chippers don't come to UM to block shots, play defense and get gritty in the corners. They come to score goals, play at a world class university, and bide their time before going pro. If Red was to start forcing these guys to play defense and work hard, they'd go play at some other country club like Minnesota.
                            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Some people like to revel in other's failures. Which really puts their life into perspective, I think.

Hard to feel sorry for how pathetic their life must be.
                              You shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Nice recovery tonight. Even spending a lot of time on the PK, and getting grossly out shot, we still won.

Comment

Working...
                                X