X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by burd View Post
    He is VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He makes a public declaration like that and you think he is speaking as just another schmuck? You think he is stupid enough to believe that is the case?
    Cannot a VP attend a game and state his personal opinion? Pence, IMO, was not representing the US government in this case. He was stating his personal opinion.

And thank you to those who consider me a good poster. I try to be honest and fair when it comes to all things. I know my opinions grate others at times, but those who disagree with me are saying this? It does mean a lot. Thank you.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Cannot a VP attend a game and state his personal opinion? Pence, IMO, was not representing the US government in this case. He was stating his personal opinion.

And thank you to those who consider me a good poster. I try to be honest and fair when it comes to all things. I know my opinions grate others at times, but those who disagree with me are saying this? It does mean a lot. Thank you.
      He is free to express himself the way he did. And we are free to respond by saying he's a disgrace to the office because of the way he expressed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        He is free to express himself the way he did. And we are free to respond by saying he's a disgrace to the office because of the way he expressed himself.
        Agreed. And it's one big circle. The circle stops when one says "You can't say that" not when one says "You shouldn't say that."
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

But again no one said he cant say that. We are saying if he had any respect for the office he holds he WOULDNT do what he did but we didnt say he couldnt. That is the problem with the "Free Speech" argument it is arguing a point no is making.

The fact that they wasted the money on this stunt (just anther in a long line of misappropriated funds by the members of this administration) has nothing to do with free speech. It has to do with the fact that these clowns would rather not be upstaged by a bunch of Black Football Players. They didnt like all the press the NFL got so they had to one up them. Maybe next Pence will burn his Colts Jersey like the morons who voted for him. Great protest...you realize the NFL has your money already right Cletus?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            But again no one said he cant say that. We are saying if he had any respect for the office he holds he WOULDNT do what he did but we didnt say he couldnt. That is the problem with the "Free Speech" argument it is arguing a point no is making.

The fact that they wasted the money on this stunt (just anther in a long line of misappropriated funds by the members of this administration) has nothing to do with free speech. It has to do with the fact that these clowns would rather not be upstaged by a bunch of Black Football Players. They didnt like all the press the NFL got so they had to one up them. Maybe next Pence will burn his Colts Jersey like the morons who voted for him. Great protest...you realize the NFL has your money already right Cletus?
            And there's the rub. This money was spent already. If he stayed the whole game, and issued a "We disagree with the kneel as a protest" statement afterwards...how much uproar compared to what is currently happening? I say not as much. Some, but not like now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              And there's the rub. This money was spent already. If he stayed the whole game, and issued a "We disagree with the kneel as a protest" statement afterwards...how much uproar compared to what is currently happening? I say not as much. Some, but not like now.
              But that's the issue. The money was not going to be spent until Trumpy and he came up with this publicity stunt. The only reason he went to the game was so he could make a big show about walking out of it
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Agreed. And it's one big circle. The circle stops when one says "You can't say that" not when one says "You shouldn't say that."
                With the office comes responsibility. When he appears in public he is not a private citizen and should comport himself accordingly. He did not.

Again- the money spent issue is flat out wrong. Cost/Benefit ratio comes into play here. He pretty much spent $ to throw a very short tantrum. The equivalent of poking the bees nest and running.

I asked this on FB- if you are a parent how do you deal with explaining the current situation to kids? People are saying we need to 'respect the Prez, VP, the flag, the anthem, you name it. The behaviour from our leaders is morally and ethically wrong. Perhaps how you are answering gives me my answer. You are willing to ignore the morality, whether he should ethically do it because 'legally' he has the right. But I still don't get why people can't look at the morality or at it ethically. This is kind of like the Pharisees who wanted to cling to the 'Law" while missing the point of it.
                Last edited by leswp1; 10-09-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  With the office comes responsibility. When he appears in public he is not a private citizen and should comport himself accordingly. He did not.

Again- the money spent issue is flat out wrong. Cost/Benefit ratio comes into play here. He pretty much spent $ to throw a very short tantrum. The equivalent of poking the bees nest and running.

I asked this on FB- if you are a parent how do you deal with explaining the current situation to kids? People are saying we need to 'respect the Prez, VP, the flag, the anthem, you name it. The behaviour from our leaders is morally and ethically wrong. Perhaps how you are answering gives me my answer. You are willing to ignore the morality, whether he should ethically do it because 'legally' he has the right. But I still don't get why people can't look at the morality or at it ethically. This is kind of like the Pharisees who wanted to cling to the 'Law" while missing the point of it.
                  Bingo. This was clearly a politically motivated stunt and it is beneath the office. Seems like these guys should find better use of their time then to make some meaningless FB/Twitter spectacle. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

IMO, saying Pence was just making a personal statement is the kind of confirmation bias rationalization that got Trump elected in the first place.

Comment

It's no wonder this country is bankrupt.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Had obama done that you'd be so butthurt you'd be walking funny for a week.
                        You didn't know there was potentially another reason for the trip til after you posted your original rant. MNS posted that after you said you didn't think it was a big deal.

Good to know you don't care about taxpayer money funding stunts like this.

Everything a politician does is a funded stunt.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          No.
                          First off I don't think I feel too hot with my money being spent for a football game when there are people in the country without essentials.

More importantly having my tax dollars spent so some guy could go to a game to walk out because the Prez told him to is ridiculous. If he said the protest was bs but stayed he wouldn't have spent hundreds of thousands of $ to fly there with an entourage of secret service, changed the plan for security for the whole event for a few minutes. Spending money just to throw a tantrum is not money well spent. You cannot possibly view the world as so simplistically. Cost/benefit ratio is something that comes to mind. If he were to go somewhere for a few minutes and actually do something that forwarded the country's interests I am all in. I am not all in if he is acting at the behest of a spoiled, narcissistic, sociopath man-child who is perserevating on a subject that is distracting from what he should be doing.
                          but Barry, bubba, and tD playing golf all the time is ok?

There are enough horses to cry upon than this already. C'mon people!!!

Comment

John Oliver had a very enlightening report on the Confederacy last night.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              But that's the issue. The money was not going to be spent until Trumpy and he came up with this publicity stunt. The only reason he went to the game was so he could make a big show about walking out of it
                              Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mr Rufus E Gully-Bul

Comment

It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about Harvey Weinstein. Really? We really care about that? Republicans care about that? Why? We have a sexual predator in the Presidency. Stop pretending America cares about that ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X