No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s
    Thanks for posting the link. Looks to me like Master was trying to pull up, not launch through the goalie. Neither goalie hits warranted a misconduct or a suspension as they obviously weren't intentional or particularly dangerous. Primeau should have been called for embellishment. Acted like he'd been shot by a gun instead of bumped by an elbow. I fell for it as he laid motionless even saying to my daughter "Oh no, he's out cold, I hope he's OK." 5000 Lowell fans were genuinely concerned for him but no one around me knew exactly what happened. Now I've seen the replay for what it was: drama show.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Did you watch? Even Jimmy Connolly, a UML grad, wasn't giving him an excuse in his commentating. That is how people get really hurt. .
      After seeing the replays I have no problem with either call. Sodergren sticks his elbow/shoulder out and catches Primeau head. Master makes no attempt to avoid Primeau. Bad decisions by both players.

Comment

Well, this is how come eyewitness accounts are so useless in court. 2 different people watching the same thing, seeing totally different events. The overhead views are pretty tellingfor the first hit. I thought the first one was acting but mr les says the overhead view was ugly to watch and it was a nasty elbow. Watching I would concur. Not sure how you could think Master tried to pull up. He looked like he was out to cream the goalie. Which he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Well, this is how come eyewitness accounts are so useless in court. 2 different people watching the same thing, seeing totally different events. The overhead views are pretty tellingfor the first hit. I thought the first one was acting but mr les says the overhead view was ugly to watch and it was a nasty elbow. Watching I would concur. Not sure how you could think Master tried to pull up. He looked like he was out to cream the goalie. Which he did.
          There is a reason why Sodergren wasn't suspended by Hockey East

The Masters hit sure like I said the jump is a little much. Still not faulting anyone for going hard to the net that's hockey. I like forwards that play with a little edge to their game. Shame because Masters and Dimo had been clicking this past weekend,
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            Still not faulting anyone for going hard to the net that's hockey. I like forwards that play with a little edge to their game.
            I think this is something that has been lacking. I would like to see a little more physical play from the team. It seems like the Hawks don't win many battles along the walls or behind the net.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              I think this is something that has been lacking. I would like to see a little more physical play from the team. It seems like the Hawks don't win many battles along the walls or behind the net.
              I would agree with that statement up until this past weekend. This past weekend I thought they won the battle on the boards and both nights they seemed like they had a skip in their step on 50/50 pucks. Both nights I felt like the forwards were very aggressive in going hard to the net, but I still do feel there is improvement to be made on the forecheck. We are finally getting pucks deep into zone which is a start but improvements in retaining those pucks is needed.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Interesting stat to think about regarding Tyler Wall's save percentage, Lowell's margin of defeat, and what it means pertaining to Lowell's future prognosis:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...evens-mirageas
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  Interesting stat to think about regarding Tyler Wall's save percentage, Lowell's margin of defeat, and what it means pertaining to Lowell's future prognosis:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...evens-mirageas
                  Nice read, thanks! Hopefully it will talk a few fans back from the edge of the cliff.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Guillaume Leclerc has left school and signed with Grenoble in the French League.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Guillaume Leclerc has left school and signed with Grenoble in the French League.
                      Au Revoir

Sad that it didn't work out for him
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Does anybody know if UCONN streams for free?
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Who's heading down to Hartford for the Saturday game?
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Sorry to hear that, but I guess it's not a total surprise with his lack of ice time. The best of luck to Guillaume in France.

Comment

Lowell Sun article.
                              http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...-offensive-end

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X