Wisconsin @ Minnesota 12/1 and 12/2 -- Let the Hate flow through you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin @ Minnesota 12/1 and 12/2 -- Let the Hate flow through you

We have been severely missing series threads this year. What better time to get them started again than with the border battle?

#14 Wisconsin (9-6-2)
    at
    #7 Minnesota (9-6-1)

Let the Hate Flow Through You

Re: Wisconsin @ Minnesota 12/1 and 12/2 -- Let the Hate flow through you

If the Gophers keep putting up shots like they did in 2 of 4 games vs Harvard/ND they'll sweep because as far as I can tell the Badgers goalies are nothing special. That said it's not like we've been consistently doing that and as we've been seeing, getting 26 shots and 4-6 goals isn't a long term recipe for success.

Glad WI had a coaching change, this series should no longer be insufferable in terms of how boring it is.

Comment

Two teams that have overall been disappointing this season. The Gophers need a sweep if they want to start to claw back at ND and should be able to, but with the way they've been playing I don't feel great about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Two teams that have overall been disappointing this season.
        IDK if I'd go quite that far, at least for UMN, and you know I've been more down on the team than most. They're getting tangible results and are still 7th in the PWR but the process leaves a lot to be desired more often than not, especially thus far against PWR teams. The 5 on 5 at least has shown some improvement which is good because night in and night out you can't rely on the PP always scoring, hot shooting in general, or Schierhorn always being on fire.

Comment

Disappointing in the Big Ten for sure. 3-4-1. Bad weekend in Michigan. Swept by Notre Dame. Split at home against Penn State where if I recall they looked bad on Friday. Win at home split on the road is pretty close if you want to win the conference. Already they need to win every game at home and get 3 sweeps on the road to get back to that.

Comment

Oh yeah, no debate there, they haven't been as good in conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Two teams that have overall been disappointing this season. The Gophers Badgers need a sweep if they want to start to claw back at ND and should be able to, but with the way they've been playing I don't feel great about that.
              Agree, but I fixed your post.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Well then we'll either get two teams that are fired up and good hockey or two teams playing underwhelming and previous years Big Ten hockey.

Comment

Wisconsin deserves to lose, just for being Wisconsin. I always suggest Wisconsin fans pick up an extra can of Menard's paint thinner in Hudson on the way over, just in case. There is some good news for them.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...2ece05b86.html
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    I always suggest Wisconsin fans pick up an extra can of Menard's paint thinner in Hudson on the way over, just in case.
                    The thinner days left when MM left. Try again.

Maybe Al Franken should try rowing a boat instead of flying in a plane.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      The thinner days left when MM left. Try again.

Maybe Al Franken should try rowing a boat instead of flying in a plane.

The second part was way more important to the average Wisconsin fan, anyway. Think of all the gas that will be saved by the easier access.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Badgers have managed points in 9 of their last 10 trips to the goof house. None in '06, but of course -->National Championship.

Speaking of which, I notice you goofers haven't won a title since Lucia had a mullet. What happened there? Did the U divert Don's hair care budget to Football? How's that working out for ya'?

No wonder you guys are always so woebegone.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Wisconsin deserves to lose, just for being Wisconsin. I always suggest Wisconsin fans pick up an extra can of Menard's paint thinner in Hudson on the way over, just in case. There is some good news for them.

Well, we just leave them there and let the D.O.T. pick them up. At least we don't pick 'em up ourselves, take them home and **** 'em. ( I have to walk on egg shells now the MCR Jr. lives in Rochester.)
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Gophers sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Badgers have managed points in 9 of their last 10 trips to the goof house. None in '06, but of course -->National Championship.

Speaking of which, I notice you goofers haven't won a title since Lucia had a mullet. What happened there? Did the U divert Don's hair care budget to Football? How's that working out for ya'?

No wonder you guys are always so woebegone.
                              At Mariucci since the championship season:
                              05-06: 2-0-0
                              06-07: 0-2-0
                              07-08: 0-1-1
                              08-09: 2-0-0
                              09-10: 1-1-0
                              10-11: 1-0-1
                              11-12: 1-1-0
                              12-13: 0-1-1
                              13-14: 0-2-0
                              14-15: 0-1-1
                              15-16: 1-1-0
                              16-17: 1-1-0

Mariucci: 9-11-4
                              Kohl Center: 8-12-4

We have more success @Minnesota ----> Wisconsin sweeps this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X