Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    We're now 29 days from the exhibition game, so I'm way more concerned with where our offense will come from this year, than I am with who we'll play in 2018
    Very good point.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      Very good point.
      Really hoping Parker Tuomie can find the net. Brad McClure needs to find his game again too. The new OT rules should greatly benefit the Mavs as they want to play a fast transition game, rather than the standard WCHA clutch and grab game.

That's also a big reason why they want to play in the NCHC; most teams want to play that style. I am bummed for that reason, among others.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Really hoping Parker Tuomie can find the net. Brad McClure needs to find his game again too. The new OT rules should greatly benefit the Mavs as they want to play a fast transition game, rather than the standard WCHA clutch and grab game.

That's also a big reason why they want to play in the NCHC; most teams want to play that style. I am bummed for that reason, among others.
        More media propaganda. Not clutch and grab.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          More media propaganda. Not clutch and grab.
          Or I have two eyes and apply my hockey knowledge to the games I watch.
          AF 99

Comment

Most teams in the Nacho play the heavy game a la BGSU. it's clutch and grab II.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Ok so whichever you wish, lack of hockey knowledge or you don't watch many games.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Ok so whichever you wish, lack of hockey knowledge or you don't watch many games.
                I may not know everything, but I have a lot of playing and coaching experience, and have watched far too much college hockey for a normal person.

The NCHC averaged the second most goals per game at 5.71. The WCHA was last of the five conferences averaging 4.97.

You're lying to yourself if you think the NCHC plays a slower, more defensive style of hockey than the WCHA does.
                AF 99

Comment

I may not know everything, but I have a lot of playing and coaching experience, and have watched far too much college hockey for a normal person.

The NCHC averaged the second most goals per game at 5.71. The WCHA was last of the five conferences averaging 4.97.

You're lying to yourself if you think the NCHC plays a slower, more defensive style of hockey than the WCHA does.
                  They obviously don't watch NCHC hockey if they honestly think "most" teams in the conference play clutch and grab. If that's true then how hockey is played in the WCHA is even worse than clutch and grab.

Comment

I do think there will be a bounce back season for McClure. I also still believe there's a really good college hockey player somewhere inside of Stepan. But we're running out of time to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      There is a huge difference between a heavy game and clutch and grab. I don't conside BGSU's game clutch and grab. Their series in BG was as fast paced of a series as I saw all year. Compare that to BSU or NMU and it's not the same style.

The WCHA style as a while has syoked the wind out of crowds. It's boring, not because its defensive, but because its a slogging, boring style.
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I recall BSU coach Tom Serratore's quote after the 1st BGSU - BSU game last season that it "had set the game of hockey back 20 years."
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

New home sweaters this year. Black shoulders, bull on front, and PURPLE NUMBERS! Black and gold trim, they look nice.
                          AF 99

Comment

New home sweaters this year. Black shoulders, bull on front, and PURPLE NUMBERS! Black and gold trim, they look nice.
                            I'll be interested to see them. I always said that for some time now, if you didn't know better, you'd think the school colors were black and white. So little purple and gold on them that you had to be quite close to even notice it.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                              There is a huge difference between a heavy game and clutch and grab. I don't conside BGSU's game clutch and grab. Their series in BG was as fast paced of a series as I saw all year. Compare that to BSU or NMU and it's not the same style.

The WCHA style as a while has syoked the wind out of crowds. It's boring, not because its defensive, but because its a slogging, boring style.
                              The BGSU games vs Tech were clutch and grab for the part of the game that preceded Tech going ahead. That's been true of every game we have played against them. If BG get's the lead, or any other of those type of teams for that matter, there is a lot of interference.
                              Not that I like the style that some of the teams in the WCHA play, (such as FSU or Huntsville). Certainly it is different. I just don't agree that the heavy game is classic up and down hockey, like say the gophers play.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

And improved look but needs more purple!
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X