2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Just curious how you keep on telling what seats are available, pgb. Is it because you did not buy your full allotment and you still have the option to buy more? If so could one buy in 2 different areas with consecutive purchases? If you bought 4 and the NCAA dropped the limit from 8 to 4 at lower priorities would you then not be able to check in on availability anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Just curious how you keep on telling what seats are available, pgb. Is it because you did not buy your full allotment and you still have the option to buy more?
      Yes. Ironically I thought I had 8 tickets spoken for, and even turned down a couple of inquiries. Chicago connections and all. But as it played out, I wound up with 6 commitments. The silver lining is that I have been able to continue to use the system to search for a pair of seats, for the exact reason you mention.

If so could one buy in 2 different areas with consecutive purchases?
      Haven't tried it, but I think so. The system is still letting me search in all price categories, not just Club. If it wasn't going to let me purchase, I believe it would block the searches. Recall that it does block the search if it can't give you the requested number of seats in the same row.

If you bought 4 and the NCAA dropped the limit from 8 to 4 at lower priorities would you then not be able to check in on availability anymore?
      Correct. And that's exactly how it played out last year. Last year I wound up buying 5 of 8, so was able to search for several more rounds before the limit dropped to 4. Then I was shut out of the system. I presume the same thing will happen this year at some point. That said, I'm not aware of any announcement that the limit will be dropping at a specific level. Others have speculated the limit will stay at 8 until the hosts project a sell-out with the lower limit. Meaning, perhaps, that the limit could stay at 8 throughout the Lottery. Can't confirm that at all, but I suppose it could play out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Finally caught up on this thread for this year. To confirm, no sets of four at all in the lower or club besides rows 1 and 2?
        Correct.

- Price Level 3 (Lower Bowl) isn't currently offered. Has been deleted from the drop-down menu.

- Singles only in Club. FWIW, Section 204 had two singles in close proximity to one another in Rows 7 & 8, as of 11:40PM Eastern.

Comment

Thank you. I'll be monitoring and checking in as my date gets closer. Not for a while, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            Correct. And that's exactly how it played out last year. Last year I wound up buying 5 of 8, so was able to search for several more rounds before the limit dropped to 4. Then I was shut out of the system. I presume the same thing will happen this year at some point. That said, I'm not aware of any announcement that the limit will be dropping at a specific level. Others have speculated the limit will stay at 8 until the hosts project a sell-out with the lower limit. Meaning, perhaps, that the limit could stay at 8 throughout the Lottery. Can't confirm that at all, but I suppose it could play out that way.
            It will drop to 4 at some priority. P1 limit is 4

Comment

Email answered:
              The pricing of the tickets is a collaborative decision between the host, venue and the NCAA based on pricing history and what the market can bear and the location of the tournament.
              Interesting. Not surprising. True or not, it is basically just the 3 big stakeholders involved as it could be construed as a non-answer as much as an answer.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Email answered:

The pricing of the tickets is a collaborative decision between the host, venue and the NCAA based on pricing history and what the market can bear and the location of the tournament.
                Interesting. Not surprising. True or not, it is basically just the 3 big stakeholders involved as it could be construed as a non-answer as much as an answer.
                and a tacit admission that their goal is to bleed every last cent out of their ticket buyers...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  and a tacit admission that their goal is to bleed every last cent out of their ticket buyers...
                  Agreed, although I'm not sure tacit is the perfect word. I found the candor almost startling. Despite the crassness of today's world, most sellers don't boldly state they're charging whatever the market will bear.

Also: Most sellers, regardless of the commodity, at least pay lip service to the idea that customer is getting a good value. That sentiment is certainly nowhere to found in the e-mail response. Rather, I'd say it's conspicuous by its absence.
                  Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-14-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Well, we're half way through the proceedings. Priority 10 @ 10 Eastern.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      Well, we're half way through the proceedings. Priority 10 @ 10 Eastern.
                      That's me.

Two seats on the glass, corner section 108.
                      Last edited by goldy_331; 10-14-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        I certainly don't discount the fact that this year the host is Notre Dame - they grab about as much money as anyone in college sports.

I hope Brian Kelly puts everyone involved in this on a scissor lift on a windy day.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• I'm already having buyer's remorse. Should've gone cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            That's me.

Two seats on the glass, corner section 108.
                            Cake eater! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Cake eater! lol
                              goldy can afford to buy cheaper seats and then sell the expensive ones at a discount!!! just because
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Got lucky with 3 seats in 315 Row 2. Afterwards kept checking and Row 4 anywhere is the best available for 3 on the sides with row 6 showing for 2 seats when clicking best available. There appeared to be one set of 2 in Club but it never came up. Assume someone else must have clicked a moment before. Seems like only a handful of singles there now.

You cannot purchase again even though you can look at seats if you did not buy 8. They wrote this on the order page: Only one request per individual/household will be accepted and a MAXIMUM of EIGHT tickets per order.

Comment

Working...
                                X