X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I have not. Is that the Boston mayor?
    It is. I'd be curious what your take on him is. I think he would tick a lot of boxes for most people on the left, outside of the identity stuff.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Jews make up 2% of the population. Women make up 51%. Slight difference.
      so women hate jews?!?!?! no wonder we don't want one as president
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        It is. I'd be curious what your take on him is. I think he would tick a lot of boxes for most people on the left, outside of the identity stuff.
        people have had enough of massachusetts politicians. (unless you are a squaw it seems)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          people have had enough of massachusetts politicians. (unless you are a squaw it seems)
          Squaw has zero shot at the White House.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

There's got to be some uber liberal in the race. I don't think that's going to be Sanders since he's ancient and the uber liberal needs to be able to attract non-white voters support or he/she is going nowhere. You can't p iss away the delegate rich South on Super Tuesday and still win the nomination.

My money is on Sherrod Brown again with the requirement that he wins re-election in 2018. If he doesn't he's done because he'll be turning 68 around election day 2020 so this would be his last go at it. But if he does win a tough race in 2018 he has a free shot at 2020 without giving up his Senate seat. If Warren or Franken jumped in with their higher profiles though I'm not sure he'd overcome that. However they do both represent lilly white states with easy elections to win while Brown's is a bit more diverse and a true swing state.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              There's got to be some uber liberal in the race. I don't think that's going to be Sanders since he's ancient and the uber liberal needs to be able to attract non-white voters support or he/she is going nowhere. You can't p iss away the delegate rich South on Super Tuesday and still win the nomination.

My money is on Sherrod Brown again with the requirement that he wins re-election in 2018. If he doesn't he's done because he'll be turning 68 around election day 2020 so this would be his last go at it. But if he does win a tough race in 2018 he has a free shot at 2020 without giving up his Senate seat. If Warren or Franken jumped in with their higher profiles though I'm not sure he'd overcome that. However they do both represent lilly white states with easy elections to win while Brown's is a bit more diverse and a true swing state.
              I had no idea Brown was that old. That's too bad; I guess it really has to be now or never for him.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I had no idea Brown was that old. That's too bad; I guess it really has to be now or never for him.
                Ya know, I'm not saying this with any joy or dread, but its lining up pretty well for Cuomo. If he has a layup re-election, he plays the Dubya in 2000 card. A guy with a name you know preaching stability to a weary populace. I bring this up as well for the age factor. Several Dem prospects are either in late 60's to late 70's (Biden, Warren, Brown, Sanders, Franken) or newbies (Castro, Harris). Who's served awhile in the public eye but is still in the sweet spot of 50-60 years old? Either Cuomo or Corey Booker of the names we've been throwing around.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Jerry Brown
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Cuomo or Brown work. Both males.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Jerry Brown
                      He's 100.

Comment

So was Reagan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

didn't jerry first try for the pres in 1976???

he bang linda ronstadt for cryin' out loud

Comment

I'd never heard anything about Brown prior to this year, so that's a bad sign if you put any stock into name recognition. Especially when it comes to old, white men.

Cuomo it is; someone hand me the ipecac.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              So was Reagan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I think Jerry Brown is 80 right now, which would make him 83 come election day in 2020. IIRC Trump is the oldest elected President at 70 (a few months older than Ronbo).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                didn't jerry first try for the pres in 1976???

he bang linda ronstadt for cryin' out loud
                                That's Jerry Brown. This is Sherrod Brown who AFAIK has never banged Linda Ronstadt.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X