X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    F-cker goes on Rushmore someday.
    considering the cards he was dealt (great recession, and obstructionist republican party that controlled congress for much of his time in office), I think he will likely be the greatest president of my lifetime (so far, it's not even close -- but I was born near the end of the Carter administration)
    Last edited by BassAle; 03-13-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      considering the cards he was dealt (great recession, and obstructionist republican party that controlled congress for much of his term), I think he will likely be the greatest president of my lifetime (so far, it's not even close -- but I was born near the end of the Carter administration)
      I've got em since JFK and he's the top among those in my lifetime by a mile, but you never know. I honestly thought nobody would be worse than Dubya, and then Dump recalibrates the whole scale.
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2018, 01:01 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I've got em since JFK and he's the top among those in my lifetime by a mile, but you never know. I honestly thought nobody would be worse than Dubya, and then Dump recalibrates the whole scale.
        Likewise, I never thought you'd lose the title as most out in space lefty loon, but after trix' recent comments you're now in 2nd place! Better step it up or he's going to end up in bed with Bernie instead of you.

For the record, the scorecard of the last several hard core lefties as Dem nominees (Dukakis, Mondale, McGovern): 0 for 3 with 12 states won in 3 elections (10 of which were won by the Duke). So called conservaDems record (Carter, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Clinton): 5 out of 9, and won the popular vote 7 out of 9 times. Sometimes the math doesn't lie...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Likewise, I never thought you'd lose the title as most out in space lefty loon, but after trix' recent comments you're now in 2nd place! Better step it up or he's going to end up in bed with Bernie instead of you.
          We're liberals. We don't stop at 2.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's almost like things have changed since 1980. 0 for 1 amongst the current generation of younger voters the math doesn't lie . Not to mention every poll showing that people are further left of the mainstream apparatus of the dem party who have moved left on various issues in the wake of your favorite candidate's embarrassing loss that put the current idiot in power.
            Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-13-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              It's almost like things have changed since 1980. 0 for 1 amongst the current generation of younger voters the math doesn't lie . Not to mention every poll showing that people are further left of the mainstream apparatus of the dem party.
              lol
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                lol
                Yeah the dems that are clearly running for president (Kamala, Booker) just moved left on various issues out of the goodness of their heart

Also the tax plan is unpopular but what we really need to do is go back to 1980's politics because it worked back then ya see...

Comment

Yeah the dems that are clearly running for president (Kamala, Booker) just moved left on various issues out of the goodness of their heart

Also the tax plan is unpopular but what we really need to do is go back to 1980's politics because it worked back then ya see...
                  On the right, the far right eats their 'RINO' young because they are incapable of compromise. Its the only reason why with Trump we don't have a new Republic.

On the general left...the last thing we need...is the left sabotaging the left. This happened to a moderate extent in the era of Bernie.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    On the general left...the last thing we need...is the left sabotaging the left. This happened to a moderate extent in the era of Bernie.
                    We need absolute unity in the general. That is without question.

But unless the center-right (formerly the Clintonistas, now, who knows, their dregs I guess marking time for Chelsea?, Warner, Kaine), the center-left (Udall, Gilibrand, Schumer), or the actual left (Harris and Booker possibly, but anyway Warren and hopefully an army of people a lot more spry) decide not to compete this time out of the goodness of their heart, the primary period is going to be rough and tumble. For one thing, it has to be: this is about power and people play for keeps. For another, that serves a purpose: the time to find out about a glass jaw is not when you already have a nominee.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2018, 03:46 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

It's almost like things have changed since 1980. 0 for 1 amongst the current generation of younger voters the math doesn't lie . Not to mention every poll showing that people are further left of the mainstream apparatus of the dem party who have moved left on various issues in the wake of your favorite candidate's embarrassing loss that put the current idiot in power.
                      Umm...because you guys voted for the idiot in power. Having said that, I must have missed it where young people didn't come out for Obama. Or, does the world just revolve around you. If so, you're about to learn a hard lesson once you move out of mommy and daddy's house.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Also I agree with Kep's concept that I'd like to see an "all in" primary. May the best candidate win. I doubt you'll see a repeat of last time where one major candidate gets handled with kid gloves because the front runner doesn't want to offend his supporters (who turned around and voted for Trump anyway) while the Republicans and their Russian allies were actively promoting the underdog. In a free for all, Russian bots are going to have a harder time choosing which candidate to meddle with, while there's a lot less reason to be nice to your primary rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Umm...because you guys voted for the idiot in power.
                          Well at least you're attempting to have an honest debate, well played Tucker.

Comment

Well at least you're attempting to have an honest debate, well played Tucker.
                            Denying reality doesn't make it any less true. Several million Bernouts voted FOR Trump, thus giving him the margin of victory to obtain the White House. Own it. Because, as you and your pals repeatedly told us, there'd be no different between a Trump and Clinton Presidency...

Comment

Millions of them flipped? C'mon Rover, I'm not a Bernie fan any more than you are, but that's major bullscheiße.

Most of the Bernie Bros who were so far in the tank that they couldn't bear to vote for Hillary stayed home. That would be the more accurate criticism. Even then, those types don't live in rural PA and OH.

Comment

Lmao Rover is going full Flaggy this time. Is this a good time to remind people that twice as many HRC supporters flipped to McCain instead of Obama. And save me the crap about how he's slightly less racist than Trump but votes the same the vast majority of the time as some justification as to why that's ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X