2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Action kicks off tonight at 7PM Central with UW-Eau Claire taking on Gustavus Adolphus for the right to play Hamline tomorrow. The only time these two met in the regular season ended in a 2-2 tie after GAC answered each time the Blugolds scored.

UWEC hasn't lost since January 19th, are 7-0-1 in that span including 2-0-1 against powerhouse UW-River Falls. GAC is coming off blowing a 12-game unbeaten streak (10-0-2) with a 4-1 loss to Hamline in the MIAC final.

Thoughts? Predictions? I'm not sure who to take here. GAC is a perennial contender, but UWEC seems to have the wind in their sails right now.

Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Does it matter? No western team ever wins in the Final Four.

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Action kicks off tonight at 7PM Central with UW-Eau Claire taking on Gustavus Adolphus for the right to play Hamline tomorrow. The only time these two met in the regular season ended in a 2-2 tie after GAC answered each time the Blugolds scored.

UWEC hasn't lost since January 19th, are 7-0-1 in that span including 2-0-1 against powerhouse UW-River Falls. GAC is coming off blowing a 12-game unbeaten streak (10-0-2) with a 4-1 loss to Hamline in the MIAC final.

Thoughts? Predictions? I'm not sure who to take here. GAC is a perennial contender, but UWEC seems to have the wind in their sails right now.

Comment

Comes down to whether UWEC can shut down the GAC first line. I think after Line 1, UWEC might be slightly deeper. When UWEC plays sound defense (and they have this year), they are really tough.

But I think Hamline makes it out of the weekend. Bobrowski is the best player in the West right now, and if she goes off, it will be tough to stop Hamline.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        Does it matter? No western team ever wins in the Final Four.
        The way the bracket is set up I'm rooting for the winner of that trio in the bracket until the final game.

In other news, Norwich has announced that Team USA forward Amanda Pelkey will drop the puck in a pregame ceremony before the Morrisville @ Norwich QF.

Comment

The way the bracket is set up I'm rooting for the winner of that trio in the bracket until the final game.

In other news, Norwich has announced that Team USA forward Amanda Pelkey will drop the puck in a pregame ceremony before the Morrisville @ Norwich QF.
          Pretty excited that this came together. Should be great exposure for D3 women's hockey and the youth in the local Vermont area.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm picking GAC.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Pretty excited that this came together. Should be great exposure for D3 women's hockey and the youth in the local Vermont area.
              I have reservations in Northfield next weekend. The Cadets have to do the rest. Good Luck to Norwich and Coach Bolding!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                I'm picking GAC.
                Let's go Blugolds!
                (Insert rhythmic clapping sounds here)
                Let's go Blugolds!

Comment

Plattsburgh will be going into tomorrows game without two players due to NCAA sanction for drinking on the bus last year after they won the d3 championship. I think the Lady Cards have enough depth to cover the loss of the two players. They have been firing on all cylinders the last few games and the freshman have shown a lot of improvement. (Cardinals 5 Middlebury 2)

Comment

Originally posted by adk46r View Post
                    Plattsburgh will be going into tomorrows game without two players due to NCAA sanction for drinking on the bus last year after they won the d3 championship. I think the Lady Cards have enough depth to cover the loss of the two players. They have been firing on all cylinders the last few games and the freshman have shown a lot of improvement. (Cardinals 5 Middlebury 2)
                    Depends on if they are 2 key players or not. If they aren't key players then less impact of course but if they are key players then Middlebury might have an advantage. Let me just use the phrase key players one more time in this post. 4th time's the charm!
                    Last edited by shelfit; 03-09-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Depends on if they are 2 key players or not. If they aren't key players then less impact of course but if they are key players then Middlebury might have an advantage. Let me just use the phrase key players one more time in this post. 4th time's the charm!
                      What makes me nervous as a Cardinals fan is all but 2 (or 3, depending on opinion) of the returning players have played key roles on the squad. I would be shocked if this wasn't a close game for Plattsburgh. Depending on who the 2 are, I might be more surprised at a big Plattsburgh win than a big Middlebury one. Middlebury is a top team who has played all of their fellow ranked teams strongly. It took Norwich taking advantage of a lucky break to come away with a tie against the Panthers on their own ice.

Comment

PP goal for the Blugolds! 1-0 Eau Claire.

Comment

PP goal for the Blugolds! 1-0 Eau Claire.
                          Now 2-0 for the Blugolds!

Comment

Now 2-0 for the Blugolds!
                            GAC scores with 30 seconds to play in the first period to make it 2-1. A needless icing led to a faceoff in the Eau Claire zone and Gustavus took advantage. Two or three more strides and the Eau Claire player would gave gained the red line. Tough mistake to make at that time. End of the first period.

Comment

A terrible period for Eau Claire. Literally standing still with the puck. Ugly hockey. How they still have the 2-1 lead is a mystery. Late goal waived off for GAC would have made it 2-2. Eau Claire better start skating next period or else Gustavus will come back and win.

Comment

Working...
                              X