This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    ...Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy.
    Is that a pun?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never gets old.
      Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never ages.

tweaked a bit...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Anyone else hate that "It's our time" pregame video? It's SO cheesy. All they need is the historical montage, that never ages.

tweaked a bit...
        I did groove an 84 mph fastball in the middle of the plate belt high, I'm glad to see you hit that pitch.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I did groove an 84 mph fastball in the middle of the plate belt high, I'm glad to see you hit that pitch.
          Or perhaps the Hockey program is trying to focus on the now and put away their game worn Hilary Knight jerseys?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Is that a pun?
            Pretty Krafty one at that.

Comment

Apparently there is another recruit coming in next year, F Jesse Devito. She's listed as a WI recruit all over the web if you google her. Thanks to the poster in the "who ruin WI's perfect season" thread who pointed this out.

Comment

Apparently there is another recruit coming in next year, F Jesse Devito. She's listed as a WI recruit all over the web if you google her. Thanks to the poster in the "who ruin WI's perfect season" thread who pointed this out.
                Crap. This is a tricky one. I see her listed as a commit, but nothing official from the school or from her.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Crap. This is a tricky one. I see her listed as a commit, but nothing official from the school or from her.
                  I could not find anything from her either. Can all those site be wrong though? Whatever you decide as the holder of the book of knowledge is good with me. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving and yes, On Wisconsin!

Comment

Any chance the women's game gets moved to a different time slot to remove the time conflict with the football game?

Comment

Any chance the women's game gets moved to a different time slot to remove the time conflict with the football game?
                      I'm afraid if they haven't done it by now, they're not going to. UW football's berth into the game became 'known' two full weeks ago already (and a quite probable thing months ago). Why they scheduled a WH game for that date and time in the first place is just beyond me. This was completely predictable.

Adding... the only time slot available would be Sunday: women BB at the KC 11 AM Sat, and men's BB at 4 PM. I assume Duluth - rightfully - is objecting to an extra day and night on the road.

(On top of that, the NCAA volleyball bracket was announced last night: UW is NOT hosting - a surprise and disappointment - and if they win their opening match Fri 4PM, will be playing at 6:30 PM Sat night. So come 7 PM Sat, UW VB in progress, and UW football kicking off, UW WH at home, AND UW men's hockey playing at Minnesota. Gophers-Badgers men's hockey your 4th option, an afterthought!)
                      Last edited by robertearle; 11-27-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        I'm afraid if they haven't done it by now, they're not going to. UW football's berth into the game became 'known' two full weeks ago already (and a quite probable thing months ago). Why they scheduled a WH game for that date and time in the first place is just beyond me. This was completely predictable.

Adding... the only time slot available would be Sunday: women BB at the KC 11 AM Sat, and men's BB at 4 PM. I assume Duluth - rightfully - is objecting to an extra day and night on the road.

(On top of that, the NCAA volleyball bracket was announced last night: UW is NOT hosting - a surprise and disappointment - and if they win their opening match Fri 4PM, will be playing at 6:30 PM Sat night. So come 7 PM Sat, UW VB in progress, and UW football kicking off, UW WH at home, AND UW men's hockey playing at Minnesota. Gophers-Badgers men's hockey your 4th option, an afterthought!)
                        Shockingly they changed BOTH times. Friday was great @ 7, now it's 5. Now I basically have to pick my daughter up from school and head right to Madison. Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? Saturday noon again is right in the lunch wheelhouse. Looks like 2 fast food / rink meals this weekend or we pack and eat in the car on the drive in. I am happy though they accommodated the football time. I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.

Comment

Shockingly they changed BOTH times. Friday was great @ 7, now it's 5. Now I basically have to pick my daughter up from school and head right to Madison. Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? Saturday noon again is right in the lunch wheelhouse. Looks like 2 fast food / rink meals this weekend or we pack and eat in the car on the drive in. I am happy though they accommodated the football time. I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.
                          Yes, Friday 7PM was good for me, too, because I could watch a video stream of women's volleyball at 4 PM, then head for LaBahn when it was over. That's now out the window.

So I 'gain' the Saturday WH game, but lose the Friday game.

And why in the world did they wait two weeks to do this?

Note for parking: (at least for the moment) women's basketball still shows as an 11 AM Saturday start. So much for 'no events at LaBahn and Kohl at the same time'.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            Note for parking: (at least for the moment) women's basketball still shows as an 11 AM Saturday start. So much for 'no events at LaBahn and Kohl at the same time'.
                            And it won't be free either.

At least losing to NE didn't put any dent in the wcha standings.

I'm looking forward to see the UMD team I've been dogging all year. Nothing beats the eye test.

Comment

... Plus don't they realize people eat supper in the 5 to 6 wheelhouse? ... I wasn't sure if I was going to go the hockey game or stay home and watch FB.
                              maybe they figure thye'll sell more of that delicious nacho n cheese at the game?

it's all over for the Badgers hockey team, NE exposed their weakness and every WCHA will be studying the game tapes, you'll be lucky to score a goal the rest of the season

if I were you I'd forget hockey and just watch football

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                                maybe they figure thye'll sell more of that delicious nacho n cheese at the game?

it's all over for the Badgers hockey team, NE exposed their weakness and every WCHA will be studying the game tapes, you'll be lucky to score a goal the rest of the season

if I were you I'd forget hockey and just watch football
                                Yeah, you are right, I should just sell my tickets and use that money to travel to the UW/Clemson football game instead. Since the UW women have no hope to win the natty I'll put all my money on the FB team.

Comment

Working...
                                X