Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    The I'd expect you can easily produce the D equivalent of this:

I'll hang up and listen...
    Both sides of Sean Hannity are bad. So, vote Republican.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

JFC, even when I am agreeing with the major leftists on the board, I'm still criticized. Amazing.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I read 2 articles that stated on very reputable sites that this is a great first step, but just a first step, and let's see how it all come together. This is very complicated, it's going to take time, seems like a reasonable thought to me to allow it to play out.

Had Obama or either Clinton done this, all the poo pooers would be peaing themselves in glee about the Nobel Peace Prize heading in their person's way. The reality is Trump could end up signing a document that would end the Korean War, certifiably de-nuclearize NK, get all the US troops out of there, ship a billion pounds of humanitarian supplies to the NK to help the starving population, get all the remains of missing servicemen back from Korea (a point no one is talking about that they agreed to do) and he'd still be lynched. Objectivity is dead.
        Yes. 30+ years of negotiations including half a dozen nations agreed to 6 times (2012, 2007, 2005, 1994, 1992, 1985) followed by NK walking it back and hoarding their nukes couldn't be fixed, but Trump talking to Kim about real estate for 4-5 hours has solved it all. Old school Republicans would have at least used Reagan's "Trust, but Verify", but now that R's now stand for worship of all things Trump, that's no longer necessary.

Maybe this one will work, but acting like this has been solved by yesterday's event is folly.
        Last edited by bronconick; 06-13-2018, 08:09 AM.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          JFC, even when I am agreeing with the major leftists on the board, I'm still criticized. Amazing.
          You're not really agreeing though, you're pointing out that both sides exclusively cheer lead their own while criticizing the other, which isn't all that accurate. The D's have the ability to criticize their own just as much as they criticize the Rs. Obama got a LOT of heat from the left, because D's have beliefs that come above party. R's believe in nothing but party. Trump could rape Hannity's daughter (I have no idea if she even exists) and Hannity's response would be to go on the air and say what a beautiful c0ck Trump has.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Umm, one of the Clintons did do this. Had a signed, sealed, functioning agreement in place that NK would not pursue nuclear weapons.

Then GWB walked away from it. Axis of Evil. NK started the centrifuges back up.

Learn your history.
            You keep touting this deal in which we sent millions in aid to NK, but the Clinton administration already knew in 1998 that NK was cheating and enriching uranium. How was that a functioning agreement?
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              You keep touting this deal in which we sent millions in aid to NK, but the Clinton administration already knew in 1998 that NK was cheating and enriching uranium. How was that a functioning agreement?
              I see. BSABSVR.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Some positive news...in Maine gubernatorial primaries most moderate republican won and it looks like most moderate Democrat won. Maine has a funky new way of voting so Democrat result won’t be known for awhile.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I see. BSABSVR.
                  Hardly the point. It's simply that rufus admonishes Timothy to "learn your history" which isn't really fair. It's not Tim's fault that rufus' version isn't available in any history books.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Maine has a funky new way of voting so Democrat result won’t be known for awhile.
                    Are they doing IRV? I've always wanted states to start doing that. I think a few mayors are chosen that way (Cambridge, Portland).

But that's probably not it since it's, ya know, instant. :-)
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Source that they knew?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I read 2 articles that stated on very reputable sites that this is a great first step, but just a first step, and let's see how it all come together. This is very complicated, it's going to take time, seems like a reasonable thought to me to allow it to play out.

Had Obama or either Clinton done this, all the poo pooers would be peaing themselves in glee about the Nobel Peace Prize heading in their person's way. The reality is Trump could end up signing a document that would end the Korean War, certifiably de-nuclearize NK, get all the US troops out of there, ship a billion pounds of humanitarian supplies to the NK to help the starving population, get all the remains of missing servicemen back from Korea (a point no one is talking about that they agreed to do) and he'd still be lynched. Objectivity is dead.
                        What are these "very reputable sites"?

And there is zero complicated about this...nothing happened. If Obama had done this nothing would have happened. Just because you skew the truth doesnt mean the rest of us do. Trump did nothing, he changed nothing, and no one is better off in NK over any of this. People in SK may be worse off over this though but who cares about them right?
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-13-2018, 09:08 AM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          What are these "very reputable sites"?
                          I'm going to go with Breitbert and Newsmax.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Hardly the point. It's simply that rufus admonishes Timothy to "learn your history" which isn't really fair. It's not Tim's fault that rufus' version isn't available in any history books.
                            I thought badgers were solitary critters that stayed alone in their holes.

Comment

Nothing we do with NK is going to work. The Kim's arent going to stand by any agreement we make because if they are seen as bowing to America they lose power and seem weak. They are a dictatorship afterall.

That is why everything Timothy has said is ridiculous. I get why he is saying it, I even understand why he hopes for it, but in the end it is still ridiculous. Trump did nothing except get Kim to allow him to build some hotels...most likely with slave labor. Once again the US gets nothing but Trump gets to build his brand more. This time though it is on the backs of the very people Timothy thinks Trumpy is saving.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In theory, it could. But based on historical evidence, it won't.

Clinton DID do this, even had a signed agreement and everything was going well, until it didn't and Bush put KN into the corner. And Bill didn't get a Nobel, nor was he even nominated- so I'm not sure why you have the outcry about President Clinton. It actually happened, and it actually didn't lead to a Nobel, nor did it actually lead to depolarization with NK- because NK didn't meet the rules.

What was done was less than any other previous signed agreement, so there's no real reason that anything significant will change.

Yes, there *could* be an agreement to end the Korean War. Could have had that for most presidents. We will see, for sure. But there's zero historical evidence that NK will do what they say they will. The one thing they got out of this was that he got a photo opp with the sitting US President. Which would have spelled an end to the presidency for any previous one, directly meeting with a dictator that sponsors terrorism and all.

And it's pretty darned funny that Obama got slammed for "Hope" and we are now "Hoping" that dump will have an agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X