This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Yeah Grant actually was a War Hero...so he is above the rest. Of course none of them are as bad as Pierce. He was the Kardashian of his day! (he was literally famous for nothing)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Yeah Grant actually was a War Hero...so he is above the rest. Of course none of them are as bad as Pierce. He was the Kardashian of his day! (he was literally famous for nothing)
      I thought Pierce was a boring political machine lifer who finally got his pay off -- like Truman, or like Mondale, Dole, or McCain if they had won. Pierce won because the opposition party had in effect disintegrated.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That may be. Grant I would not lump in with the starlets. I was looking for guys who didn't really do anything on the battlefield either but be in the right place at the right time. Grant was, militarily, legit.
        So then your argument is that Oprah was born, as a black woman in the South in the 1950s, in the right place at the right time?
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          So then your argument is that Oprah was born, as a black woman in the South in the 1950s, in the right place at the right time?
          No. My arguments are:

(1) Oprah is a celebrity.

(2) The idea of celebrities being president is idiotic.

(3) But it is not unprecedented, because

(4) Some of the war hero presidents we had in the 19th century were idiotic celebrities in a very similar way.
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2018, 01:24 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Trump has proven anything, it's the need to nominate and elect someone with foreign policy experience in 2020. By the time he's done, there's going to be at least two terms' worth of damage on that front for the next POTUS to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No. My arguments are:
              Then Grant is textbook. If you want to make some sort of exception for merit based on something tangentially related to governing, Oprah wasn't exactly born on third base either.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                If Trump has proven anything, it's the need to nominate and elect someone with foreign policy experience in 2020. By the time he's done, there's going to be at least two terms' worth of damage on that front for the next POTUS to repair.
                Agree with this. God willing there's a blowback from electing a clueless loudmouth of questionable mental ability. Maybe somebody with the experience to actually handle the job and not collude with enemy foreign powers, or is that asking too much?
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  I always find it ironic that UBI gets labeled as a loony lefty policy when in a more sane world, it would probably be the conservative position. The whole idea is that you know how to spend your money better than the government does.

It should be noted that the campaign platform I was asked about was $1000/month, which Handy ballooned into $1000/week in order to go into his hysterics. Could a person live off that? No, but it's enough to bump anyone taking it up a standard deviation or two. It's like a non-BS version of W's stimulus that the right loved. You could probably even rope in the White Genocide lunatics on the right(I believe they're called 'Republicans'), because I can't tell you how many middle class white families I know that would have another kid if it wasn't so ****ing expensive.

So how do you pay for it?

First of all, the number of people getting it is a lot smaller than assumed earlier. Nobody at the top is taking it because you can give them a tax incentive to not take it. And nobody at the bottom is getting it because they're already getting it(and hopefully more) through welfare.

Second, it's not fair to say we have a $4T federal budget and we'd be adding another $3-4T on top of that, because a good percentage of the latter is already covered by the former. If you say we need to be spending money on college education and healthcare, guess what? A good chunk of that UBI money is going to be spent on college education and healthcare anyway. An extra $12K a year in your pocket is $12K you don't need to take out in student loans. Again, shrinking the size of bloated government social programs, which leads to inefficiencies, is a very conservative principle.

As far the rest, pull up any chart on wage stagnation for the majority of American workers. There's been more than enough money stolen by the rich from the lower/middle class to make up the difference. Giving some of that back strengthens the middle class back to something closer to what it once was and would do wonders for the economy. It's not millennials that are killing Applebee's. It's that it's a family restaurant which most families can't afford to eat at more than once in a blue moon.
                  Ummmmm

If something is UNIVERSAL then everyone is getting it
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Besides, if Oprah is President...

1. That means taking the Oath on The Secret.

2. Dr. Oz as Surgeon General.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oprah v. Roseanne

Bring it. NOW!

I see celebrity death match style debates!

Pay. Per. View.

Popcorn! STAT!

Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-08-2018, 10:30 PM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Is OW going to claim she didn’t know the rumors while being such close buds with Harv ????
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Is OW going to claim she didn’t know the rumors while being such close buds with Harv ????
                          Another reason for her to remain a powerful "influencer" and not a candidate. Though the idea of conservatives scolding liberals for being unwoke on sexual assault is ludicrous. For liberals it's hypocrisy. For conservatives it's practically a tenet of their party platform.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Ummmmm

If something is UNIVERSAL then everyone is getting it
                            No, it means everyone has access to it. Whether they choose to take it is a different question.

Comment

Why do we care? Seriously. We have a predator in the White House and we care what anyone knew about Harvey? Really? That's what we're going with now?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Why do we care? Seriously. We have a predator in the White House and we care what anyone knew about Harvey? Really? That's what we're going with now?
                                I care if the person is now acting high and mighty because people like him were taken down. (I am not saying she was I have zero interest in her speech so I dont know) If you knew and did nothing you have zero right to use the issue to prop yourself up. That goes doubly for people like Oprah since she is one of the most powerful and influential people around.

Oh and if by some fluke she becomes the nominee I am walking away. I will sell my soul to elect Clinton because she was qualified...Oprah has no experience and is just the Liberal version of Trump (though way smarter) and I want nothing to do with that. If the Dems are that stupid they deserve to lose and lose badly.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X