Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Good for her but a bit surprised that she will not be playing for the Whitecaps in their inaugural season.
    I understand that you mean their inaugural season in the NWHL, but the Whitecaps have been around since 2004. I wonder if it is a case of Buffalo owning her rights, or if there are other life circumstances that led Dani east.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I understand that you mean their inaugural season in the NWHL, but the Whitecaps have been around since 2004. I wonder if it is a case of Buffalo owning her rights, or if there are other life circumstances that led Dani east.
      Correct, that is what I meant. As for Dani, not sure if she is on Buffalo’s protected list but that could explain why.

Comment

Former Gophers goalie Amanda Leveille to sign with NWHL's Whitecaps

“Playing for Minnesota in college was an unbelievable experience,” said Leveille, an Ontario native. “The fans and community in Minnesota are second to none. When you come onto the ice and there are a lot of young girls that want to fist-bump you, it’s just a great feeling.”

http://www.startribune.com/former-go...aps/485789211/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

MEET THE NEWCOMERS: SYDNEY SCOBEE

Loved her (very honest) answer to this question: "How did you decide to start your college career at Vermont?"
          "Since I’m the baby of the family, I decided I wanted to go far away because I was worried my parents would be showing up at my college all of the time."

And there is little doubt Grant would love her answer to this question: "Who is the best player you’ve ever played against?"

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...gn=GopherDaily

Comment

According to the Strib this morning, Brandt and Stecklein will sign with the Whitecaps: http://www.startribune.com/olympians...aps/485988372/

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              And there is little doubt Grant would love her answer to this question: "Who is the best player you’ve ever played against?"
              MK-Ultra...

Wait Watt? No respect for the skating Jesus?
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-20-2018, 09:04 AM.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

MEET THE NEWCOMERS: SYDNEY SCOBEE
                Maybe she saw this coming.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/w...lthy-life.html

Excerpts:

Where’s the best place in America to live if you want to maximize your chances of living longer?
                Based on an authoritative new state-by-state study of the American burden of disease, disability and premature death, and how it has changed from 1990 to 2016, you might consider setting down roots in Hawaii, where residents have the longest life expectancy, 81.3 years.

But if your goal is to live long and stay healthy as long as you can, call Minnesota your home, which outranks every state and the District of Columbia for average length of healthy life expectancy, 70.3 years.

Minnesotans joke that the long months of subfreezing temperatures preserve them, but Dr. Christopher J.L. Murray, the new study’s lead author, told me, “Living in cold is pretty bad for you; Minnesotans would probably be even healthier if it wasn’t so cold there.”

Comment

Rumor has it that Frosty has made an offer to late-bloomer "Snail Mail". Not expected to compete for a spot on the first line, but she knows how to "drop the gloves" whenever needed plus has other talents that should be valuable in the locker room to get her teammates "totally stoked" before games.

https://youtu.be/-d91Qn8QUks

Comment

Rumor has it that Frosty has made an offer to late-bloomer "Snail Mail". Not expected to compete for a spot on the first line, but she knows how to "drop the gloves" whenever needed plus has other talents that should be valuable in the locker room to get her teammates "totally stoked" before games.

https://youtu.be/-d91Qn8QUks
                    I want one of those Snail Mail jerseys.

Is it a coincidence that she shares the same number with the skating jesus?

Sweet Fender Jaguar as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      I want one of those Snail Mail jerseys.

Is it a coincidence that she shares the same number with the skating jesus?

Sweet Fender Jaguar as well...
                      She needs to work on her slapshot.

Comment

The 2018 roster has been posted. It lists incoming frosh Gracie Ostertag as a F, but everything else I have seen (including her bio on GWH) talks about her as a D. Position change, or typo?

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                          The 2018 roster has been posted. It lists incoming frosh Gracie Ostertag as a F, but everything else I have seen (including her bio on GWH) talks about her as a D. Position change, or typo?
                          Typo...Slim and none (and mostly none) are the odds of it being a position change with the depth at forward and the lack of depth at D.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Typo...Slim and none (and mostly none) are the odds of it being a position change with the depth at forward and the lack of depth at D.
                            Maybe they're going to use the system that UMD did back around 2002-2003 where they'd play 4F and 1D even when teams were 5 on 5.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                              Looks like Ostertag is now listed as defense so that has been corrected. It also has Sierra Smith and Emma May listed as defense...Maybe that will solve the D depth problem.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 07-12-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Maybe they're going to use the system that UMD did back around 2002-2003 where they'd play 4F and 1D even when teams were 5 on 5.
                                Then again, why not go all bc on the bit and basically have 2 D that are really forwards and just forget about D and have everyone on offense?

Comment

Working...
                                X