Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    What are the circumstances that Agnew does not have to sit out a year on the transfer?
    I believe NCAA D1 women (and most women's sports in general) are exempt from the transfer rules that men must follow.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I believe NCAA D1 women (and most women's sports in general) are exempt from the transfer rules that men must follow.
      Interesting. Makes a person wonder why there isn't more transferring on the women's side of things. Kepler had to sit a year when she transferred to UW from OSU, but I think that might just be a b10 thing.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Interesting. Makes a person wonder why there isn't more transferring on the women's side of things. Kepler had to sit a year when she transferred to UW from OSU, but I think that might just be a b10 thing.
        It's a WCHA thing, and the other conferences have similar rules. If you transfer to a school within the same conference as where you've been, you have to sit out a year. It's why Nicole Schammel had to sit out for a year while Caitlyn Reilly was able to play right away after transferring to Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          It's a WCHA thing, and the other conferences have similar rules.
          Within the WCHA a transferring student athlete does have to sit out one year, but which other conference mandates the same?
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Teams could actually "trade" players then too out of conference. TT3, what do you want for Watt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Teams could actually "trade" players then too out of conference. TT3, what do you want for Watt?
              I wouldn't take any trade, they're Eagles for good!
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                If Watts played in the WCHA, she would have half the points. Excellent player however Zumwinkle and Maltais are as skilled, were 1-2 in scoring I believe with half the points.
                Last edited by Puckdrop14; 04-06-2018, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  If Watts played in the WCHA, she would have half the points. Excellent player however Zumwinkle and Maltais are as skilled, were 1-2 in scoring I believe with half the points.
                  I tried to quantify that Hockey Easy in general doesn't play much D or as much as the WCHA, but was impossible to make the math come out to show that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Come on....you need a goalie and UW has 5....you can't deny that UW's staff has a way better eye for goalie talent than most, and probably better coaching as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      you can't deny that UW's staff has a way better eye for goalie talent than most, and probably better coaching as well.
                      So much so that Wisconsin could put a cardboard cutout out there in goal and still have a .900 save % and a less than 2 gaa.
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-06-2018, 03:43 PM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        This is some premium mid-west elitism...
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

6 months to go...

Comment

6 months to go...
                            More than that until the good part. Here is the schedule from a BC perspective as I see it:
                            April-August - players train and improve;
                            September - school begins; players back on ice; others learn a lot from returning Olympians;
                            October - BC crushes a young UMD team and several HEA foes by using the strategy of never letting them possess the puck;
                            November - Grant tries to contain his giddiness while watching the Eagles blow out everyone in sight;
                            December - Grant puts together mid-season highlight videos, researches scoring records that will be broken, and attempts to devise a new ranking system that fully captures BC's brilliance;
                            January - Grant no longer attempts to contain his giddiness and spends most of his days giggling in anticipation;
                            February - Everyone (not just Grant) has decided that BC earning the title is just a formality;
                            early March - Grant covets an NCAA quarterfinal matchup versus RIT;
                            the Frozen Four - for the first time all season, the Eagles discover that the puck is somewhere other than on their sticks or in the opponent's net (what happens next is really the only part of the story that we don't already know).
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              More than that until the good part. Here is the schedule from a BC perspective as I see it:
                              April-August - players train and improve;
                              September - school begins; players back on ice; others learn a lot from returning Olympians;
                              October - BC crushes a young UMD team and several HEA foes by using the strategy of never letting them possess the puck;
                              November - Grant tries to contain his giddiness while watching the Eagles blow out everyone in sight;
                              December - Grant puts together mid-season highlight videos, researches scoring records that will be broken, and attempts to devise a new ranking system that fully captures BC's brilliance;
                              January - Grant no longer attempts to contain his giddiness and spends most of his days giggling in anticipation;
                              February - Everyone (not just Grant) has decided that BC earning the title is just a formality;
                              early March - Grant covets an NCAA quarterfinal matchup versus RIT;
                              the Frozen Four - for the first time all season, the Eagles discover that the puck is somewhere other than on their sticks or in the opponent's net (what happens next is really the only part of the story that we don't already know).
                              Yep. Pretty much spot on lol

Comment

Yep. Pretty much spot on lol
                                As my old friend Benjamin used to say, "Honesty is the best policy".
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X