Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Kirk Herbstreit to Washington: Be happy we're airing your games at all.

http://deadsp.in/xkHWRhZ
    Seriously
    This is why some people can’t have nice things
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Kirk Herbstreit to Washington: Be happy we're airing your games at all.

http://deadsp.in/xkHWRhZ

You'd think a conference with 3 of the Top 15 media markets would be important to the networks.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

During last night's Michigan-State game I saw a video for the U of Michigan. While the announcer talked about their wonderful past and glorious future, a montage of famous alumni flashed on the screen... including that notable Michigan Man, John F Kennedy. Wait, what? President Kennedy went to Michigan?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          During last night's Michigan-State game I saw a video for the U of Michigan. While the announcer talked about their wonderful past and glorious future, a montage of famous alumni flashed on the screen... including that notable Michigan Man, John F Kennedy. Wait, what? President Kennedy went to Michigan?
          He made the first announcement of the Peace Corps on the steps of the Michigan Union. There’s a plaque there for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            He made the first announcement of the Peace Corps on the steps of the Michigan Union. There’s a plaque there for it.
            So he's a Michigan alumnus? Can Rice claim him too, since he gave the famous Moon Speech there?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              So he's a Michigan alumnus? Can Rice claim him too, since he gave the famous Moon Speech there?
              Well Michigan has tried to claim it is the "Harvard of the West" before, and I believe in the Peace Corp speech, Kennedy joked about being an alum of the Michigan of the East, Harvard.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Well Michigan has tried to claim it is the "Harvard of the West" before, and I believe in the Peace Corp speech, Kennedy joked about being an alum of the Michigan of the East, Harvard.
                That's a good line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  No, it was a significant speech, which is why it’s noted.

If Rice wants them in the promo video, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I thought Miami(Ohio) was the Harvard of the West?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Never mess with the Shield.

@FoxNews: .@jemelehill, @espn anchor who called for fans to boycott the @NFL, has been suspended for two weeks by the network. http://fxn.ws/2y7jZUd
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Never mess with the Shield.

@FoxNews: .@jemelehill, @espn anchor who called for fans to boycott the @NFL, has been suspended for two weeks by the network. http://fxn.ws/2y7jZUd
                        If I follow this correctly... she called Trump a White Supremacist and disagreed with his call for fans to boycott the NFL because players weren't standing for the anthem. And now that an owner has put his foot down and agreed with Trump, she is upset and wants fans to boycott the NFL?

So fan A is boycotting the NFL because players aren't standing. But at the same time, Fan B is boycotting the NFL because players are before forced to stand?

Comment

Everything is the same, even good and evil!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            If I follow this correctly... she called Trump a White Supremacist and disagreed with his call for fans to boycott the NFL because players weren't standing for the anthem. And now that an owner has put his foot down and agreed with Trump, she is upset and wants fans to boycott the NFL?

So fan A is boycotting the NFL because players aren't standing. But at the same time, Fan B is boycotting the NFL because players are before forced to stand?
                            Reading the New York Times, that's not exactly how it happened- she suggested that people boycott Jerry Jones' sponsors. Not the NFL, nor even the Cowboys. Just his sponsors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/s...nded-espn.html

She was suspended for violating company social media guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Reading the New York Times, that's not exactly how it happened- she suggested that people boycott Jerry Jones' sponsors. Not the NFL, nor even the Cowboys. Just his sponsors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/s...nded-espn.html

She was suspended for violating company social media guidelines.
                              Yeah but that's not what Ben Shapiro said.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Yeah but that's not what Ben Shapiro said.
                                Who?

Comment

Working...
                                X