Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Hooooot in 978 land.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Good Afternoon Lodge!

Hooooot in 978 land.
      90 deg in 202 land.

BTW, I went to the DC state fair https://dcstatefair.org/ today since it is being held a block away. I didn't know we had one, but this is the 8th year. I didn't even know we were a state. It was a waste of time.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. After the many shenanigans yesterday, just chilled today. A brief church visit, some family time, and now just chilling, despite the hot weather.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

s'upp y'all
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

First day back at work after 7 days off. On the T, sweating because it's so muggy. Gonna be a great day!

Comment

My nieces finally started school today. Houston schools were supposed to start the Monday after Harvey hit. Most of them started on the 11th. My nieces' school and 8 other Houston schools did not. Their building flooded and may not open for a year or more. However, they found another location and bused all the neighborhood kids from Kolter Elementary to this other building. The girls were excited because they got to ride charter buses (Houston doesn't have enough school buses).
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

My friend in St Croix is in trouble. Generator failed. They are on the last of their food, no water because they need electricity to pump out of cistern, no way to communicate except if they drive to get cell service but gas is hard to come by. Grocery lines are hours long and food is scare there too. ONly allowed 2 bags of ice/family- not enough in the heat to hold any food they get from spoiling. Airport is closed, no way to get off island. Nothing on the news about this at all

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        My friend in St Croix is in trouble. Generator failed. They are on the last of their food, no water because they need electricity to pump out of cistern, no way to communicate except if they drive to get cell service but gas is hard to come by. Grocery lines are hours long and food is scare there too. ONly allowed 2 bags of ice/family- not enough in the heat to hold any food they get from spoiling. Airport is closed, no way to get off island. Nothing on the news about this at all
                        Terrifying. We are a wealthy country with resources, why isn't help getting there? Are the ports closed too? We can't find a way to get supplies there or get people off the island? Is there too much threat of other storms to send shipping vessels or an air craft carrier with helicopters or anything?
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Terrifying. We are a wealthy country with resources, why isn't help getting there? Are the ports closed too? We can't find a way to get supplies there or get people off the island? Is there too much threat of other storms to send shipping vessels or an air craft carrier with helicopters or anything?
                          Airports are closed except for Military on St T. From what I hear they aren't that far on St Croix. Some shipping getting thru but no US Postal service. Difficult to coordinate because there is no clear line of communication and government buildings are destroyed. Roads are blocked, washed out, destroyed. FEMA is using FB/Twitter for info because there is no other central way to gather info. Limited Cell phone service, other phone lines down. The only way info is getting out is FB and social media which few people can access. They have white boards for people to mark themselves safe. The Gubmint is understaffed and overwhelmed. Texting with my friend today was heartbreaking. The news is all about knees and flags and nothing about this. I am ready to have apoplexy. Her company is looking to charter to get them out but right now there is no way to get them off island. There are 6 people, 6 dogs, no water, no power, no fresh food, no way to get meds for medical conditions they have, blasting heat and high humidity. The bugs when I was there were brutal. I can't imagine what they are now. Risk for mosquito illness is high. I could go on forever. So scared for her. Soooooo frustrated there is no coverage and no focus on the need.
                          Last edited by leswp1; 09-25-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

s'upp y'all
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X