This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Say we lose to Tech. As long as Tech or St. Cloud doesn't win WCHA, no real harm. It would then take Harvard, Bowling Green and Providence to ALL win their conference tournaments for us not to get a bid. (I'm close on that)
    Maybe stated better this way. Someone wins AHA. 3 other teams who will end up with a TUC lower then us will pretty much have to win their conference tournament. So for us not to go, you need 3 out of 4 major upsets.
    Yes, we root for ND to win their first game.
    Last edited by thedunker; 03-12-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
      Say we lose to Tech. As long as Tech or St. Cloud doesn't win WCHA, no real harm. It would then take Harvard, Bowling Green and Providence to ALL win their conference tournaments for us not to get a bid. (I'm close on that)
      Maybe stated better this way. Someone wins AHA. 3 other teams who will end up with a TUC lower then us will pretty much have to win their conference tournament. So for us not to go, you need 3 out of 4 major upsets.
      Yes, we root for ND to win their first game.
      I think we're in. The biggest question mark was the W last night. Done! I think the boys may make a run for the trophy. Those three games against Sconie may make us the most prepared team in the country. Nobody had to fight like we did. That's the kind of stuff that gets you ready for one and done hockey. I like the idea of a UND rematch. I can't believe the Pios have exams after those three battles. Losing to Tech and resting doesn't sound like a bad option. Paul and Beau plus anyone else who is banged up would get some extra rest.
      Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-12-2012, 09:57 PM.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

definitely, go ahead, lose to Tech.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

In Gwoz's post game with USCHO he said the whole team would be going to St. Paul, but he didn't expect Beau to play. Hope we see Paul Phillips and Chris Knowlton on Thursday.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Not to intercede, but while musing with the predictor, your fate depends on some of the east coast teams as I was able to get you down to 14, but I would agree under most scenario's you're in. Winning/ losing in St Paul didn't affect it all that much.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Per Chambers in Denver Post, Bennett and Makowski both out for this weekend. They may return for NCAAs. Knowlton may play this weekend. It will not be determined til later this week. No mention of Paul Phillips who was injured on Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...-michigan-tech
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

You are right. Worst case scenario we were 14th.
                GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Phew!!!!!

CC's Schwartz to Blues. The St. Louis Blues signed former Colorado College sophomore left wing Jaden Schwartz to an entry-level contract Monday afternoon.
                  Schwartz will join the Blues in Chicago and wear No. 9. He had 41 points (15 goals) with the Tigers.
                  His departure opens the door for his older brother, Rylan, to turn pro.
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    Per Chambers in Denver Post, Bennett and Makowski both out for this weekend. They may return for NCAAs. Knowlton may play this weekend. It will not be determined til later this week. No mention of Paul Phillips who was injured on Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...-michigan-tech
                    Most of this info comes from the postgame interview with Dater and Candice Horgan. The loss of Phillips could be a real problem going into a three game weekend with only 5 on the blue line.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Great atmosphere at Magness Saturday night. Best I've ever been a part of there. The Salazar goal that completed the 2-on-1 with Zucker was sick and I really liked the physicality of the Pios. DU has never struck me as an overly physical team, but they were throwing bodies everywhere. Stick with Brittain...
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        Great atmosphere at Magness Saturday night. Best I've ever been a part of there. The Salazar goal that completed the 2-on-1 with Zucker was sick and I really liked the physicality of the Pios. DU has never struck me as an overly physical team, but they were throwing bodies everywhere. Stick with Brittain...
                        You should go to a CC game sometime, too. Usually a good atmosphere at those, and competitive games.

Yeah, that was a physical series with the Badgers---I remember all kinds of guys being leveled, Schultz, Salazar, Ostrow, and whoever was unlucky enough to run into Ryder. Great competitive hockey. Good sportsmanship on the ice, too, without a lot of the BS that you see from some other teams that shall remain unnamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                          You should go to a CC game sometime, too. Usually a good atmosphere at those, and competitive games.

Yeah, that was a physical series with the Badgers---I remember all kinds of guys being leveled, Schultz, Salazar, Ostrow, and whoever was unlucky enough to run into Ryder. Great competitive hockey. Good sportsmanship on the ice, too, without a lot of the BS that you see from some other teams that shall remain unnamed.
                          I agree. I did think there were some questionable non-calls, particularly that hit on Schultz Saturday night behind the net. Looked like the head was targeted with the shoulder. Regardless, he got BLOWED UP...and I cheered. LOL

Agreed on CC. I'd like to get to World Arena, too. I made it down for AFA and Mercyhurst on Senior Night a few weekends ago. That place is kind of weird, yet cool. More of a true sports crowd than at AFA football games. Enjoyed it for sure.
                          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Saturday was intense with the hitting. Ryder laid some players out like normal and I remember yelling for Scotty to hit somebody and then he took a Badger out. I'm not sure I influenced that but it was awesome!

In addition to all the hard hits the tomfoolery between #18 S. Little and myself Saturday was a blast! (this caused there to be several security guards and Police officers to be in the tunnel for Sunday's game.)

Sunday was more subdued for me but that game winning goal by LLLLLUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEEEE! Was awesome!
                            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Per Gwoz in his presser; Bennett getting close, probably in for NCAAs next week. Makowski starting to do physical activity, might be able to partially practice next week. Knowlton will be a game day decision. Phillips has contusions and no major head or neck injuries. He is a couple of days away from being cleared to practice. DU will not practice this week until they get to St. Paul tomorrow due to finals and the team generally being banged up. Shouldn't be a problem as they played 3 intense games last weekend and need the rest. Not much to learn in practice at this time of the year.
                              Last edited by du78; 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

President Obama attending the WKU game today. Would he have attended if we closed out the Sun Belt with a champioship?
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X