2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Tonight is bad, UAH has never been great but tonight it just stops working all the time...I stopped watching since it's in hand at the moment.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
      wyss 99.5 sault state marie or 1420/102.7 ktoe Mankato both stream free audio
      YesFM is not working on TuneIn. I'll just keep up with the live score updates, which must be operating by carrier pigeon.
      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 01-27-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Tonight is bad, UAH has never been great but tonight it just stops working all the time...I stopped watching since it's in hand at the moment.
        started working well in the third and was flawless throughout the third.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          started working well in the third and was flawless throughout the third.
          Only trouble, it should be mostly flawless throughout the game. That is what you spend your money on. It shouldn't have that amount of issues.
          Bottom line.... Broadcast sucks.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            I can't even get an audio stream from Mankato.
            Yeah, if you're interested again tomorrow night, http://www.ktoe.com/ for free streaming audio.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

BSU locks up home ice for the first round of playoffs. Now, hopefully, they can beat the Goofers today.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                YesFM is not working on TuneIn. I'll just keep up with the live score updates, which must be operating by carrier pigeon.
                I think the audio broadcast for the Lakers cut out early in the 2nd. Mankato was blaming internet problems in the arena for all the issues with the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                  I think the audio broadcast for the Lakers cut out early in the 2nd. Mankato was blaming internet problems in the arena for all the issues with the video.
                  I figured that would be the story. Thanks.

Comment

It was bad last week at BG, too. Ton of latency and buffering in the first and second periods, and quit working entirely in the third.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      It was bad last week at BG, too. Ton of latency and buffering in the first and second periods, and quit working entirely in the third.
                      I blame the Russians. Everyone knows WCHA hockey is the lynchpin holding the country together. Is this their way of saying we need to start recruiting in the former Soviet bloc? If so; message received, Sergey, message received. Boris and Ivan can come and play.

If they would just find something less important to hack, we could all return to enjoying our college hockey experience.

Comment

It's ridiculous how many press boxes don't have a dedicated wi-fi feed exclusive to the press box, but you get the shared feed with the rest of the crowd. Sometimes makes me long for the days of AOL DialUp when trying to pass along scores from other games.

And the UAH/Tech feed is lousy again. There should also be a line solely dedicated to the video feed.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          It's ridiculous how many press boxes don't have a dedicated wi-fi feed exclusive to the press box, but you get the shared feed with the rest of the crowd. Sometimes makes me long for the days of AOL DialUp when trying to pass along scores from other games.

And the UAH/Tech feed is lousy again. There should also be a line solely dedicated to the video feed.
                          There is one, and it's not enough. The VBC doesn't do WiFi for that very reason. All the upgrades from the Propst donation look nice but didn't do beans for the infrastructure of the building, but then you know that since you get to hoof the 110 steps to the top. At least they finally put in handrails up the steps.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            There is one, and it's not enough. The VBC doesn't do WiFi for that very reason. All the upgrades from the Propst donation look nice but didn't do beans for the infrastructure of the building, but then you know that since you get to hoof the 110 steps to the top. At least they finally put in handrails up the steps.

GFM
                            Always an enjoyable climb to the dungeon. I usually lose 5-7 lbs. on a Huntsville weekend, despite the ribs & microbrews!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Reminds me of an ECHL Idaho Steelheads game I was listening to back in the day. On one of their games on the road in Anchorage, they lost the feed for almost a whole period because some kids tripped over the phone cord the Steelheads broadcaster was using to send the feed back home. Apparently they would just coil up the cords from the press box and run them along the hallway. Staff at the Sullivan couldn't find where the cord was at to plug it back in.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Reminds me of an ECHL Idaho Steelheads game I was listening to back in the day. On one of their games on the road in Anchorage, they lost the feed for almost a whole period because some kids tripped over the phone cord the Steelheads broadcaster was using to send the feed back home. Apparently they would just coil up the cords from the press box and run them along the hallway. Staff at the Sullivan couldn't find where the cord was at to plug it back in.
                                I know exactly what the problem was!

Comment

Working...
                                X