Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Can't imagine the backup on the street heading into the lot; traffic coming from both sides but I imagine the genius' at the U have figured that out. What about the spaces on the street?
    Many season ticket holders already pay (contribute?) big $$$ to park in the Alumni and Edgewood lots. A percentage of those using Strafford are not season ticket holders so they will not be allowed to contribute to the back up. If this plan tweaks enough Strafford lot parking season ticket holders into dropping season tickets then UNH might actually lose money.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Many season ticket holders already pay (contribute?) big $$$ to park in the Alumni and Edgewood lots. A percentage of those using Strafford are not season ticket holders so they will not be allowed to contribute to the back up. If this plan tweaks enough Strafford lot parking season ticket holders into dropping season tickets then UNH might actually lose money.
      On top of what they have already lost for STH this is just one less perk but wait that cheaper hot dog...🙄 Maybe ecat can share his "secret" parking place?

I get it too but seems they have it backwards; Stafford lot FREE to STH and charge the rest. To me free parking in A lot is no bargain. Oh well.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

On top of what they have already lost for STH this is just one less perk but wait that cheaper hot dog...🙄 Maybe ecat can share his "secret" parking place?

I get it too but seems they have it backwards; Stafford lot FREE to STH and charge the rest. To me free parking in A lot is no bargain. Oh well.
        Right!?!

Comment

Staunch defender of UNH that I am, the $10 Strafford lot parking privilege for season ticket holders is tone deaf.
          Agreed 1000%. Only thing more tone deaf this week has been the beyond hilarious ESPN/Robert Lee snafu.

On top of what they have already lost for STH this is just one less perk but wait that cheaper hot dog...�� Maybe ecat can share his "secret" parking place?

Totally agree (and I haven't been a STH since the early '90's). The latest kick to the ... groin for the loyal STH's.

Charging for A Lot? Get back to me when UNH and Amtrak work out a more direct route from the lot to the arena that doesn't require fans to rely on mountain climbing gear, and then trying not to fall into oncoming vehicular traffic once you reach the *summit*. Are pedestrian tunnels illegal in Durham? Just sayin' ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Agreed 1000%. Only thing more tone deaf this week has been the beyond hilarious ESPN/Robert Lee snafu.

Totally agree (and I haven't been a STH since the early '90's). The latest kick to the ... groin for the loyal STH's.

Charging for A Lot? Get back to me when UNH and Amtrak work out a more direct route from the lot to the arena that doesn't require fans to rely on mountain climbing gear, and then trying not to fall into oncoming vehicular traffic once you reach the *summit*. Are pedestrian tunnels illegal in Durham? Just sayin' ...
            It's laughable when I think of how empty parts of that Stafford lot is on most games. Well I made the choice to dive in once again so guess I'll invest in ice gear and a sled dog team..(most likely I'll fork over the blasted 10.00 and whine about it incessantly) 🙄😳 Kills me how they think they are doing STH's a "favor".
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

It's laughable when I think of how empty parts of that Stafford lot is on most games. Well I made the choice to dive in once again so guess I'll invest in ice gear and a sled dog team..(most likely I'll fork over the blasted 10.00 and whine about it incessantly) 🙄😳 Kills me how they think they are doing STH's a "favor".
              Is this what's come of their special committee so far? The one where long time fans here were encouraged to believe not only that their meaningless (parking) opinions would matter but that additional opinions on how to actually help the program would even be considered in passing...

LOL
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

UNH students protest parking plan: Not 'fair' school makes changes 'without consulting us':
                http://www.nh1.com/news/unh-students...onsulting-us-/

Comment

OK - it's official. The offseason golf *story* has been called after nine holes. I sat down these last few mornings with bits and pieces of the notes I've been looking at for the better part of the summer, and have come to the conclusion there's just no way that I'm going to be able to do another nine holes with what's left over. I'm not in any way claiming the front nine was anything to write home about but it was at least fun for me to tackle. More recently, I was hoping to get to the 14th hole and let our protagonist walk off in *victory* at that point, but that wasn't coming to me either. So Souza, Dick and Stew will have to finish up the back nine on their own. Spot and Puff can continue to battle it out, and Fish and Game will no doubt continue patrolling the woods in search of new and exciting wildlife-related policing duties.

Besides ... The Quest starts up again in just over a month, and we're all waiting to see how that turns out ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

UNH students protest parking plan: Not 'fair' school makes changes 'without consulting us':
                    http://www.nh1.com/news/unh-students...onsulting-us-/
                    Phil Gramm was right
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

OK - it's official. The offseason golf *story* has been called after nine holes. I sat down these last few mornings with bits and pieces of the notes I've been looking at for the better part of the summer, and have come to the conclusion there's just no way that I'm going to be able to do another nine holes with what's left over. I'm not in any way claiming the front nine was anything to write home about but it was at least fun for me to tackle. More recently, I was hoping to get to the 14th hole and let our protagonist walk off in *victory* at that point, but that wasn't coming to me either. So Souza, Dick and Stew will have to finish up the back nine on their own. Spot and Puff can continue to battle it out, and Fish and Game will no doubt continue patrolling the woods in search of new and exciting wildlife-related policing duties.

Besides ... The Quest starts up again in just over a month, and we're all waiting to see how that turns out ...
                      I understand. And, Buck is now also too busy to Skype, what with his full time SC championship team duties. Time for Dick, Mike, and Stew to put down the Tab, and get working on a strategy for the coming season.

Back to the over/under on the 10 OOC games; I will take the over on 5 wins. I know, really going out on a limb here. For the over/under on total wins, I will take the under on 14, and that includes the MBPBEGAM round. Nothing wrong with 599 wins, which is a fine career.

Comment

Hey no shame in picking up even the best golfers return to the clubhouse! Maybe we should ask the moderators to lock up this thread as the title doesn't fit?

I'm turning my thoughts to the season won't be long now..about 5 weeks or so to the exhibition game. New lights new faces and another Kelleher to grace the ice. Sent an email of disapproval regarding the parking so that's all set too haha.

Now if I could just get home and off I-84 all would be good in the world.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Hey no shame in picking up even the best golfers return to the clubhouse! Maybe we should ask the moderators to lock up this thread as the title doesn't fit?

I'm turning my thoughts to the season won't be long now..about 5 weeks or so to the exhibition game. New lights new faces and another Kelleher to grace the ice. Sent an email of disapproval regarding the parking so that's all set too haha.

Now if I could just get home and off I-84 all would be good in the world.
                          I do not think that the moderators care about thread titles, but I do think that parking complaints are worth at least 100-200 posts here before the next season thread is launched. I will contribute that if BS35+5 takes away my Swillings space, I will be mighty upset.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 08-26-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            I do not think that the moderators care about thread titles, but I do think that parking complaints are worth at least 100-200 posts here before the next season thread is launched. I will contribute that if BS35+5 takes away my Swillings space, I will be mighty upset.
                            In a few years all campus parking will be metered until 9:00 PM seven days a week so fans arriving for a game at 6:00 shall pay for three hours of parking. You read it here first. OK, maybe not ALL of A lot.

Comment

In a few years all campus parking will be metered until 9:00 PM seven days a week so fans arriving for a game at 6:00 shall pay for three hours of parking. You read it here first. OK, maybe not ALL of A lot.
                              Darius, pardon for the dumb q, but do fans pay already for A lot parking game days? Is this new parking area that is 'set aside' for STH's going to be free but the rest pay? I don't park in A lot ever so was curious if it was metered parking...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Darius, pardon for the dumb q, but do fans pay already for A lot parking game days? Is this new parking area that is 'set aside' for STH's going to be free but the rest pay? I don't park in A lot ever so was curious if it was metered parking...
                                Don't know, don't care, doubt it. I've not parked in A lot in over 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X