WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

I agree that it seems we're on the right path, but it could turn.

An Anchorage tie against UND is very encouraging. Tech looked about as good as I thought possible this weekend, and Ferris bounced back for a pretty big win against the NCHC. Positive steps in the right direction. On the flip side, Fairbanks might struggle...and it sure would have been nice to see Mankato do a little more against St. Cloud.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I like our shots at sweeping the Sun Devils and taking one off of Big Red. Any way it goes, we'll be done by Halloween.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

An Anchorage tie against UND is very encouraging. Tech looked about as good as I thought possible this weekend, and Ferris bounced back for a pretty big win against the NCHC. Positive steps in the right direction. On the flip side, Fairbanks might struggle...and it sure would have been nice to see Mankato do a little more against St. Cloud.
        All mankato needs to do is hit some open nets when they have a chance. I'm a bit discouraged by what I saw on satirday, but hopefully the ineptitude of scoring comes arpundsooner than later.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
          All mankato needs to do is hit some open nets when they have a chance. I'm a bit discouraged by what I saw on satirday, but hopefully the ineptitude of scoring comes arpundsooner than later.
          Yeah, and it is tough early in the season like that. Sometimes it just takes a few weeks, and it sucks to have to play important games like that one so early. I said the same thing about Tech's game against Wisconsin last week. These non-conference games are so **** important, and our teams end up playing them when they are least prepared for them.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Looking ahead to the next week, there are some more huge NC games for the WCHA teams. We'll have a pretty good idea of what this season will be like in 1 week.

UAA @ CC - Given UAA's performance against UND, I'm hopeful that UAA can get a split. There's a big difference between playing in Anchorage and traveling to Colorado Springs, but there's also a big difference between UND and CC.
            BGSU @ WMU - 1 game on Tuesday. Getting BGSU a win here would be really nice, and Bowling Green should be good enough to get it done.
            MiSU @ BGSU - Also winnable for BGSU, they could really make some hay if they come out and play well this week. BG coming out and playing well in this next week would be huge for the entire league.
            BSU vs. UMD - I think that this will be a battle. There is no reason why BSU can't do to UMD what Tech just did. Getting multiple WCHA wins against UMD and WMU early in the year is what we need.
            MSU @ BU - Mankato needs to bounce back, but it is going to be tough to do against that team. I'm hoping for a split on this one.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If UAA plays like they did last weekend a split is definitely a possibility.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                If UAA plays like they did last weekend a split is definitely a possibility.
                I really hope for them to do well last year, but they took some WCHA teams to OT down the stretch and still missed the playoffs. Someone get Mantha some goals!

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well, more of the same from the BG Falcons in their season opener. Control the play, outshoot the other team by double digits, but nobody can bury a shot to save their lives......arggh.

No way we should have lost that game to WMU, but we did. Outplayed Western for at least 50 of 60 minutes with nada to show for it.

BG really needs somebody to step up a be able to finish a freaking play......but we have for 3 years now for that matter. Never seen a program that can miss so many open nets or hit the post on the open net.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                    Well, more of the same from the BG Falcons in their season opener. Control the play, outshoot the other team by double digits, but nobody can bury a shot to save their lives......arggh.

No way we should have lost that game to WMU, but we did. Outplayed Western for at least 50 of 60 minutes with nada to show for it.

BG really needs somebody to step up a be able to finish a freaking play......but we have for 3 years now for that matter. Never seen a program that can miss so many open nets or hit the post on the open net.
                    For us, I've never seen a team shoot it more square in the chest of the opposing goalie.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      For us, I've never seen a team shoot it more square in the chest of the opposing goalie.
                      Sounds like MTU circa 1999-2011.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        And how would you like them to do that? Fine teams that do it? It’s easy for you to say at BG where you have UM, MSU, OSU, WMU, Robert Morris, Meecyhurst, Penn State, Miami, Niagara, Canisius & Notre Dame all within a five hour bus ride. NMU has Tech, LSSU & UMD in that same radius.
                        Apparently, scheduling home non-conference games hasn't exactly been easy at BG either.
                        https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154732918321721&id=286310076720

Comment

I know one night doesn't make a season, but tonight has been a good night
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            I know one night doesn't make a season, but tonight has been a good night
                            I'm going to print and frame a screenshot of this pairwise if St. Cloud loses
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                              Apparently, scheduling home non-conference games hasn't exactly been easy at BG either.
                              https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154732918321721&id=286310076720
                              It’s good to see State do that. It sounds like they have an even swap coming with NMU in the future as well.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Pretty good start to the season for the WCHA to have a chance at 2 bids. Big wins by both MSU and Bemidji. Thought Alaska was gonna come up with one for the first two periods as well

Comment

Working...
                                X