X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Was there a point in a non-NCAA-counting overtime?
    That is a possibility. Guess I'll have to look at each game to know for sure.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Was there a point in a non-NCAA-counting overtime?
      Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      That is a possibility. Guess I'll have to look at each game to know for sure.
      Ralph, I think you were right. Gambrell had the winning shoot out goal against Miami on Nov. 19, 2016. I only had to look at the games with shootouts or 3 x 3 OT, not every game.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Denver Men's Soccer made #NCAA Top Ten Plays for the win against Omaha.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Game Day

DU vs WMU at Kalamazoo on NCHC TV

After the DU game, DU's Will Butcher (NJ Devils) vs UND's Drake Caggiula (Edm Oilers) at Edmonton on NHL network
          GO DU !!!

Comment

First Star: Dawson DiPietro (Western Michigan)
            Second Star: Austin Cain (Western Michigan)
            Third Star: Henrik Borgström (Denver) 3-1-4
            Fourth Star: Senior Rudy Junda got his first point with an assist on Heikkinen's goal Congrats!

Power Play(0-8) and Penalty Kill( 2 of 6 goals scored with extra attacker) were bad!
            Last edited by vizoroo; 11-04-2017, 04:19 AM.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

New rankings look like the "old" WCHA. St Cloud #1, Denver #3, UND and gophers flip flop for #'s 2 and 4.

Alarming Fact:
              cc kitties are ahead of the Pios in NCHC standings
              Last edited by vizoroo; 11-06-2017, 06:08 PM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Women's Soccer going to the NCAAs!
                First round Sunday DU vs CU in Boulder at noon.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

GameDay

A real test for the Pios. St Cloud is undefeated.
                  Huskies swept UMD last weekend. #1 in both polls.
                  Pios might be playing for a split this weekend.

BTW Jason Zucker with his first NHL hat trick last night. Nick Shore had OT game winning goal for the Kings earlier this week.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

4-2 Pios

First Star: Jarid Lukosevicius (Denver)
                    Second Star: Tanner Jaillet (Denver)
                    Third Star: Mika Ilvonen (St. Cloud State)
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

DU 5 St Cloud 1!! Any more questions?
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                        DU 5 St Cloud 1!! Any more questions?
                        First Star: Adam Plant (Denver)
                        Second Star: Dylan Gambrell (Denver)
                        Third Star: Tyson McLellan (Denver)

You could make a case for Jaillet stopping those 2 breakaways.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

DU definitely proved themselves this weekend. How good is Western, anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            DU definitely proved themselves this weekend. How good is Western, anyway?
                            Western has some truly dangerous offensive players - if youre not on the ball defensively, which DU clearly wasn't, they'll get you. You can also score on WMU, so they'll turn in some clunkers like the loss to MSU. I wasn't there, but if I had to guess the biggest factor in last weekend's result was probably Lawson. That is always a WILD place to play and things happen there...

Great weekend back home vs Cloud. Looking forward to UND games next weekend - the games from two years ago remain some of the best college hockey I've ever seen. However, I saw UND play at CC early this year and I think they're start has been overrated...

They lack the uber-D they've had in recent years and the mobility in clearing the zone and jumping into the offense just isn't at the level you might expect from UND. Their upperclass Fs are very solid, but not game changers - certainly not at the level of DUs or SCSUs groups. The young forwards are very good - they're just young (the whole team is pretty young, actually). I wonder if Johnson will be back?
                            Last edited by Dan; 11-12-2017, 12:08 AM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Western has some truly dangerous offensive players - if youre not on the ball defensively, which DU clearly wasn't, they'll get you. You can also score on WMU, so they'll turn in some clunkers like the loss to MSU. I wasn't there, but if I had to guess the biggest factor in last weekend's result was probably Lawson. That is always a WILD place to play and things happen there...

Great weekend back home vs Cloud. Looking forward to UND games next weekend - the games from two years ago remain some of the best college hockey I've ever seen. However, I saw UND play at CC early this year and I think they're start has been overrated...

They lack the uber-D they've had in recent years and the mobility in clearing the zone and jumping into the offense just isn't at the level you might expect from UND. Their upperclass Fs are very solid, but not game changers - certainly not at the level of DUs or SCSUs groups. The young forwards are very good - they're just young (the whole team is pretty young, actually). I wonder if Johnson will be back?
                              I've watched most of UND's games (not in person), and that is a pretty fair assessment of UND. They solid at F, but they don't have a Boeser, Schmaltz, or Jost this year. They were a step slower than Miami this weekend. Johnson is supposed to be back for DU, but Thome was very good in relief these last two weekends, so most Hawks fans feel comfortable about goaltending.

I hear every single DU player is ugly as mud and has bad hygiene. True?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I've watched most of UND's games (not in person), and that is a pretty fair assessment of UND. They solid at F, but they don't have a Boeser, Schmaltz, or Jost this year. They were a step slower than Miami this weekend. Johnson is supposed to be back for DU, but Thome was very good in relief these last two weekends, so most Hawks fans feel comfortable about goaltending.

I hear every single DU player is ugly as mud and has bad hygiene. True?
                                As a graduate from both schools, I can confirm that DU's players are even uglier than you thought, and as for their hygiene...well, let's just say that I live about 25 miles east of Denver, and if the wind is coming from the west, it makes me long for the smell of manure.

In all seriousness, a split would be a tremendous result for North Dakota. This North Dakota team reminds me a lot of Denver's 2015-2016 squad. They may not be firing on all cylinders right now, but they are going to be an absolute monster to play in the second half.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X