X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Another potential NFL kicker?
    Not so sure. Unlike Franks, what game experience does he have with kicking those sorts of things?

I do wonder, though, how much the administration is putting into hyping the football team vs. the hockey team, and if the queen is trying to turn RPI into another of those "mainstream" colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I do wonder, though, how much the administration is putting into hyping the football team vs. the hockey team, and if the queen is trying to turn RPI into another of those "mainstream" colleges.
      I have the same concern. It's like the Rensselaer University idea which was bandied about years ago. CCT became Clarkson University and they still suck.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would never like the school to be named RU. Years ago when I told people that I attended RPI they mostly asked why I went to a military school.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I would never like the school to be named RU. Years ago when I told people that I attended RPI they mostly asked why I went to a military school.
          Now we get asked about Rochester.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Now we get asked about Rochester.
            I don't recall any confusion with RIT when I was at RPI.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I don't recall any confusion with RIT when I was at RPI.
              Come out to this neck of the woods, and you'll get it a lot.

Comment

Vik was released from his ATO & signed to contract.....
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Vik was released from his ATO & signed to contract.....
                  Nice work Swede! FYI Reading visits Adirondsck this Sat night. It'll be an RPI alumni reunion...Tapper, MacDonald, Bergin, Swede...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 29 March 2018. There are 191 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well for some reason never heard about the end of season pow wow. Would have loved to heard from Coach and AD. Great to hear Coach Graham is improving. As to the team: I too am disappointed not to hear about any investment in the program/facilities. Especially after there was advertising from the AD it would happen. Rome wasn't built in a day, but there should be at least some indication of what they would like to do. As to the team, I get Coach wants his own team. I think the fact DM made an impact on the team at BU, a team loaded with draft picks, shows that the players have D1 capabilities. DM was a good player at RPI, but not a star. And I see other players at RPI in the same way. Tiro comes to mind off the bat. So my question is how does this team go from a handful of wins to 10+? Are the players coming in that much better so that will be the difference maker? We're the existing players unable/unwilling to follow the system Coach wanted them to use? In other words will different players be the solution? I am not sure that will be the case. But I certainly plan on being there to find out. As to the goalies: I think a good goalie can help a team overcome a lot of defensive weaknesses and keep you in the game. That was not the case this year. and I never viewed Marshall as clearly the better option. I get you want to go with the hot hand, but except for a couple games this year, all I saw was lukewarm goaltending at best. And that us why they couldn't get many W's.

Comment

By my calculation, there will only be four forwards next season who played for SA -- Wiffen, Marrello, Hayhurst, and Polino. One other, Burgess, was on the team but didn't play, and one incoming forward, Bendorf, was his recruit. His last forward recruit, Matt Cameron is due in 2019.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

33 years

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                            Well for some reason never heard about the end of season pow wow. Would have loved to heard from Coach and AD.
                            As far as I can tell it was a letter invite sent to season ticket holders. I'm not on social media, so I can't say whether Sashi or Smitty promoted it.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              As far as I can tell it was a letter invite sent to season ticket holders. I'm not on social media, so I can't say whether Sashi or Smitty promoted it.
                              I received both a letter and an email from the HFH. In fact, I received a thank you email from Coach Smith for being a season ticket holder after the event.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                I received both a letter and an email from the HFH. In fact, I received a thank you email from Coach Smith for being a season ticket holder after the event.
                                Same here.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X