• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U2- War
    Disturbed- The Sickness
    R.E.M- Out Of Time
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Daniel Lanois - For the Beauty of Wynona and Acadie

Comment

• Can't believe I only recently found Bob Mould (you Minnesota folks knew all along!). Husker Du, "Don't Want to Know if you are Lonely" and "Could you be the One" are Green Day before Green Day. Sugar - anything from Copper Blue album ("Hoover Dam" is outstanding). I keep playing "Gee Angel" over and over (from "File Under Easy Listening"). Great stuff
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Gotta say after being here a week, Hawaiian music is the worst in the world.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Gotta say after being here a week, Hawaiian music is the worst in the world.
            Hawaii residents I have known are stoned, often as not. Maybe that's a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Hawaii residents I have known are stoned, often as not. Maybe that's a factor.
              The stoners are haoles. The actual Hawaiian natives are the hardest working people I have ever seen, nudging out Mexicans and Brooklyn Haitians.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The stoners are haoles. The actual Hawaiian natives are the hardest working people I have ever seen, nudging out Mexicans and Brooklyn Haitians.
                I don't doubt that. Which is why is used the term "Hawaii residents" rather than Hawaiians.

Comment

Hawaiians don't like non-Hawaiians, from everything I've heard. It's really weird.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Hawaiians don't like non-Hawaiians, from everything I've heard. It's really weird.
                    I doubt you'd hear much of that on O'ahu or Maui, but you might hear some of that on Kauai or Hawai'i, and for sure on Moloka'i.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I doubt you'd hear much of that on O'ahu or Maui, but you might hear some of that on Kauai or Hawai'i, and for sure on Moloka'i.
                      Ok. It has something to do with the cultural differences, basically nativism. "Not a *true* Hawaiian." Note: color makes no difference. It's whether you were born there or not.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Ok. It has something to do with the cultural differences, basically nativism. "Not a *true* Hawaiian." Note: color makes no difference. It's whether you were born there or not.
                        'Twas ever thus. Economic development and nice fringe benefits (weather, scenery) always brings in the carpetbaggers. Call some place paradise, then kiss it goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          'Twas ever thus. Economic development and nice fringe benefits (weather, scenery) always brings in the carpetbaggers. Call some place paradise, then kiss it goodbye.
                          Good point. And to tie into this discussion, a song I really like. Nice little ditty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_vTY67Wd9I

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Not true, you can be born there but you’re still a haole if you’re white. It’s definitely nativism, you just have to understand Hawaii’s history with colonialism and the like.

Alaskans tend to get a pass sometimes though. I’m still a haole but I’ll get less guff.

And Hawaiian music is awesome.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              Can't believe I only recently found Bob Mould (you Minnesota folks knew all along!). Husker Du, "Don't Want to Know if you are Lonely" and "Could you be the One" are Green Day before Green Day. Sugar - anything from Copper Blue album ("Hoover Dam" is outstanding). I keep playing "Gee Angel" over and over (from "File Under Easy Listening"). Great stuff
                              Bob is the best.
                              Grant also died recently.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Slayer is calling it quits after one final tour.

Alex Lifeson announced Rush is officially done...it was hinted at over the last 2 years but I held out hope for another recording, ah well, what a great run!

i'm raising a glass to both bands. Slayer holds a nostalgic place in my heart, my 2nd concert was Slayer, Motörhead and Overkill in 1987 iirc.

I've seen Rush 10-12x and have loved them from the first time I ever heard them. Salut to the Willowdale 3!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X