Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine @ RPI, 12/29/17 & 12/30/17

Any video of these games?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Any video of these games?
      RPI-TV will likely have a skeleton crew in town. You can find them live streaming on Youtube, or on rpitv.org .

Comment

For those coming from Maine for the weekend, after the game Friday night head downtown and enjoy the monthly Troy Night Out festivities. Local shops stay open late and plenty of good resturants, bars and such providing food, drinks and live music.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          And just a reminder for anyone who is going to the game(s) or watching on RPI tv that both games will be starting at 4 PM.
          Don’t ask me why the Friday game is at 4 PM. Makes no sense to me...
          Perhaps the ghost of Ned Harkness whispered in somebody's ear, "Start the games at 4:00 and let the visiting team's goalie spend the first period dealing with the sunset through the windows at the west end of the Field House."

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Perhaps the ghost of Ned Harkness whispered in somebody's ear, "Start the games at 4:00 and let the visiting team's goalie spend the first period dealing with the sunset through the windows at the west end of the Field House."
            They have shades there now.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Sun is gone at 4 pm in late December

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Do they really? Well, considering how seldom I make it to the Field House, you probably know better than I do.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to put up the shades, I'm sure they weren't listening to Ned's ghost.

Comment

Do they really? Well, considering how seldom I make it to the Field House, you probably know better than I do.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to put up the shades, I'm sure they weren't listening to Ned's ghost.
                  I think it was about 4yrs. ago they were installed. It was probably only noticeable late Sept., 1st week of Oct.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Isn't it dark by 4PM that time of year? Or just around the 21st?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I would have to check when it happens in Troy because it is latitude-dependent, but here in DC the earliest sunset is about on 12/6 and the latest sunset about on 1/6. The combination makes the shortest day on about 12/21. The dates get closer together when you go towards the pole.

Edit: http://earthsky.org/earth/winter-sol...d-late-sunrise
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I would have to check when it happens in Troy because it is latitude-dependent, but here in DC the earliest sunset is about on 12/6 and the latest sunset about on 1/6. The combination makes the shortest day on about 12/21. The dates get closer together when you go towards the pole.

Edit: http://earthsky.org/earth/winter-sol...d-late-sunrise
                        December 29, 2017 sunset 4:29PM in Troy, NY and 4:02PM in Bangor, ME. For these two cities the difference is driven by equal parts longitude and latitude.
                        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Depends on your frame of reference.

Here in central Pennsylvania, it definitely will not be dark by 4 PM. In Maine, where Walrus is, it very well might be dark by that time.

In Troy, my guess is that it won't be completely dark by 4 PM, though the light would probably fade completely sometime during the first period.

But with the shades, it won't make any difference inside the building, anyway.

Comment

Not as far west as they are.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Let's give this a kick,
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Let's give this a kick,
                                Sunset slated for 4:28pm today. Sorry, couldn't resist !
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X