Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Clarkson Semifinal 2017

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Not sure about that as they did lead the ECAC in Team Defense, allowing an average of just 1.35 goals per game.
    StL gave up fewer goals than Clarkson, it didn't seem to help them against Boston College

Comment

Not sure about that as they did lead the ECAC in Team Defense, allowing an average of just 1.35 goals per game.
      Thats what I get for believing something I read on USCHO boards

Comment

Lots of sandbagging going on here...
        I'm kinda partial to this...

The Gophers will be lucky to get within 2 goals of Clarkson (if the mid-season Peters shows up)
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          I'm kinda partial to this...

The knights will be lucky to get within 2 goals of minny (if the mid-season Tiley shows up)
          Fixed your post. Now this is some sand bagging on both sides.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Minnesota fans aren't sandbagging. I can do it with the best of them, but this just isn't the same caliber team as the last five years. They did well to reach the FF. I'd guess either Clarkson or Minnesota is perfectly capable of beating the other. If the Gophers play their best they likely win, but I'm not sure that is in their repertoire. They played pretty well versus UMD in the WCHA semi and still lost. I think Clarkson has been more consistent game in and game out, so I'd make the Golden Knights a slight favorite, like maybe 55/45. But they wear Green and it is St. Patrick's Day, so perhaps nothing else matters.

The Gophers will have to bank on obscure trivia like being undefeated in the national tournament when starting a junior or senior in goal (20-0).
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Minnesota fans aren't sandbagging. I can do it with the best of them, but this just isn't the same caliber team as the last five years. They did well to reach the FF. I'd guess either Clarkson or Minnesota is perfectly capable of beating the other. If the Gophers play their best they likely win, but I'm not sure that is in their repertoire. They played pretty well versus UMD in the WCHA semi and still lost. I think Clarkson has been more consistent game in and game out, so I'd make the Golden Knights a slight favorite, like maybe 55/45. But they wear Green and it is St. Patrick's Day, so perhaps nothing else matters.

The Gophers will have to bank on obscure trivia like being undefeated in the national tournament when starting a junior or senior in goal (20-0).
              While I largely agree...as the most dangerous scorer in the country (and its not really close), Dani C does change the equation some.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                While I largely agree...as the most dangerous scorer in the country (and its not really close), Dani C does change the equation some.
                I agree. IMHO she is what tips the scales in Minny's favor. However I did not give Clarkson a chance in 2014 so what do I know. Just hoping this game is as entertaining and competitive as game 1.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Given the quality of the ice, I rate this game as a complete toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                    Given the quality of the ice, I rate this game as a complete toss up.
                    Good luck, but I have a strange feeling about CU.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                      Good luck, but I have a strange feeling about CU.
                      One of those the-better-team-could-win feelings?
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It really is too bad that the ice conditions are not up to par. But it is the same for both teams so I guess there is that. Clarkson wins going away 5-1...

Comment

First no sound, now no picture?

Edit: Now have both, yipee!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Typical Minnesota multiple turnovers and somehow managed to not score with a wide open net (Schammel).

Comment

Really worthwhile (for Clarkson) penalty by Taylor Williamson.

Comment

Nicest goal of the tournament by Minnesota there...It's a miracle they scored!

Comment

Working...
                                X