Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    McConnell is canceling the August recess. Conveniently 24 Democrats are up for reelection and the recess is generally used to campaign.
    This is similar to what he did with Garland. And we gave him the Presidency and the Senate for it. Congrats US Voters.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      This is similar to what he did with Garland. And we gave him the Presidency and the Senate for it. Congrats US Voters.
      And he's doing it due to "Historic obstruction by the Democrats." How easy it must be to live life with no consience.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 06-05-2018, 04:03 PM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

And he's doing it due to "Historic obstruction by the Democrats." How easy it must be to live life with no conscious.
        Conscience.

I hear ya.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Conscience.

I hear ya.
          Duly noted.

I don't think that Stabenow is in trouble in MI, but I also figured it would still go to Hillary, so who knows. There are enough ballot measures for liberals to come out for that should be able to put her over the top.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Ilhan omarhas filed for Keith Ellison’s seat.
            Wonder how this will go.

Edit- Ellison has filed for attorney general
            I saw that today. I assume this means he's done with the National Party. After what Perez pulled in NY I don't blame him.

Comment

Duly noted.

I don't think that Stabenow is in trouble in MI, but I also figured it would still go to Hillary, so who knows. There are enough ballot measures for liberals to come out for that should be able to put her over the top.
              The weed vote alone is most likely going to get her another term (and hopefully she'll drag Gretchen Whitmer over the line with her). The Republicans have no one compelling. 40% of likely R primary voters were still undecided a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                The weed vote alone is most likely going to get her another term (and hopefully she'll drag Gretchen Whitmer over the line with her). The Republicans have no one compelling. 40% of likely R primary voters were still undecided a week ago.
                Huh. I thought they were going to pass something last night to get it off the ballot to avoid what you just said.

Whoops.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I hope so, though I did read a story on seniors only being 40% supportive of recreational marijuana, though a majority being ok with medical. Hopefully the olds don't ruin it.

There's also a 12/hr minimum by 2020 on the ballot and I believe a mandatory sick paid is close to getting on.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Huh. I thought they were going to pass something last night to get it off the ballot to avoid what you just said.

Whoops.
                    The reps in safe R districts all dug in their heels. They'll be forced to do that on minimum wage too, unless they want their contributions from the commerce and restaurant lobbies cutoff.

Comment

For all of the press bleating about Dems getting shut out of competitive races in CA due to the top 2 finishers rule regardless of party affiliation, we should note that this didn't actually end up happening last night. There was a big shut out in a major race however. Unfortunately for the "Dems in disarray" crowd, it was for the US Senate race, and it was the GOP who won't be fielding a candidate against 105 year old Diane Feinstein.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul D. Ryan sided on Wednesday with a Republican congressman who had said that the F.B.I. did nothing wrong by using a confidential informant to contact members of President Trump’s campaign as it investigated its ties to Russia.

And he warned that Mr. Trump should not try to pardon himself, despite Mr. Trump’s assertion two days earlier that the president has the power to take such a step.

“I don’t know the technical answer to that question, but I think obviously the answer is he shouldn’t,” Mr. Ryan told reporters. “And no one is above the law.”

Mr. Trump has seized on the disclosure of the use of an informant to claim, without evidence, that federal law enforcement officials had improperly placed a spy in his campaign. He demanded a Justice Department inquiry of the matter and dubbed the matter “SPYGATE” in repeated posts on Twitter.
                        A few years ago this would have mattered. No one gives a **** what Paul Ryan has to say anymore. Not sure why it's even considered news at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          For all of the press bleating about Dems getting shut out of competitive races in CA due to the top 2 finishers rule regardless of party affiliation, we should note that this didn't actually end up happening last night. There was a big shut out in a major race however. Unfortunately for the "Dems in disarray" crowd, it was for the US Senate race, and it was the GOP who won't be fielding a candidate against 105 year old Diane Feinstein.
                          You mean another "CA is in complete chaos" story is BS? The hell, you say.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I did not follow closely but was the idea that 50 Dems would split the votes so badly that Republicans would finish first and second in the Jungle and shut us out of the General?

How nearly did it happen?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A few years ago this would have mattered. No one gives a **** what Paul Ryan has to say anymore. Not sure why it's even considered news at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                              He's setting up to run in 2020 if Dumpy is under indictment. But I think Flake flanked him already.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I did not follow closely but was the idea that 50 Dems would split the votes so badly that Republicans would finish first and second in the Jungle and shut us out of the General?

How nearly did it happen?
                                Close enough that in a couple districts we can't be totally sure it didn't actually happen yet. I'm guessing Democratic turnout is what ended up making the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X