This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

UW picked to finish a close 2nd to the rodents in the coach's poll. Roque gets one vote for player of the year. No Badgers are predicted to be ROY, that I know will not be the case in March.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I am interested to see if UW's attempt to wear down their opponents through sheer goalie depth will pay off. Not sure it will, but if it does, look for the other coaches to jump on the trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

5 days until Typhoon Bucky is unleashed on our unsuspecting Allies.
        Has anybody received their tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
          I am interested to see if UW's attempt to wear down their opponents through sheer goalie depth will pay off. Not sure it will, but if it does, look for the other coaches to jump on the trend.
          Yeah, you should hold your breath on that one. I'd guess he'll play the top 3 Saturday night. I don't think they will see a lot of action, but maybe they will.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Has anybody received their tickets in the mail yet?
            Negative.

Comment

Yeah, you should hold your breath on that one. I'd guess he'll play the top 3 Saturday night. I don't think they will see a lot of action, but maybe they will.
              I'm guessing that the Badgers will probably be using this game as a true practice type game. With such an early start to the season I doubt that the coaching staff has had much direct contact with the team and probably hasn't had many on-ice practices with them yet either. I'm sure all different types of line combinations/D-pairings will be tried out as well as all the goalies getting a chance. Nevertheless, Badger Hockey is only a couple days away!! I am pretty excited to see what this season will bring!

Comment

Season tickets arrived today! On Wisconsin, Forever Forward and Let's GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something or don't know anything, but can anyone clue me in why Pankowski didn't get ANY votes for POY? As far as size, strength, speed, and skills, she is unmatched by any returning player in this league IMO...with all due respect to Sauve.

UW picked to finish a close 2nd to the rodents in the coach's poll. Roque gets one vote for player of the year. No Badgers are predicted to be ROY, that I know will not be the case in March.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing something or don't know anything, but can anyone clue me in why Pankowski didn't get ANY votes for POY? As far as size, strength, speed, and skills, she is unmatched by any returning player in this league IMO...with all due respect to Sauve.
                    Pankowski has been centralized to the USA National Team and most likely will play in the Olympics. She will not play college hockey this season.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                      I'd throw Clark into the mix too, but that will be for next year's POTY.

2, I say 2 days until I smell LaBahn again. I wonder how rowdy we should be seeing as this is an exhibition. I don't recall if we sieved the Japs a few years back. It was ironic that year the Navy color guard presented the flag for the National Anthem. I didn't think UW had it in them to stick it to the Japs like that. They probably had to idea how ironic that was. I wonder how you say sieve in Korean? Google says "che". This google translator is the bomb. In Japanese sieve is Furui. Wish I knew that a few years ago.

Comment

2, I say 2 days until I smell LaBahn again. I wonder how rowdy we should be seeing as this is an exhibition. I don't recall if we sieved the Japs a few years back. It was ironic that year the Navy color guard presented the flag for the National Anthem. I didn't think UW had it in them to stick it to the Japs like that. They probably had to idea how ironic that was. I wonder how you say sieve in Korean? Google says "che". This google translator is the bomb. In Japanese sieve is Furui. Wish I knew that a few years ago.
                        You are one goofy fella...

Comment

For when the announcer says "One minute remaining", here is Korean for "Thank you". 감사합니다

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                            You are one goofy fella...
                            That's my role, a 4th line center with a lot of energy and drive, sometimes I do the right thing, sometimes I screw up. That's why I'm on the 4th line, besides not being the most talented F on the team. But I'm on the team and I'm having fun.

I wonder how you say "it's all your fault" in Korean? Answer: "modu ne jalmos-iya". I also wonder in the Korean culture how they take being taunted. There's a lot more honor built into Eastern cultures, it might not be taken the right way, in fun, unless the opponent is North Korea or the rodents, pretty much one in the same (they live in dirt, eat a lot of veggies, are pretty scrawny and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Timothy A;6525609]and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)[/QUOTE

A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO-2M13UbKY
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

[QUOTE=FiveHoleFrenzy;6525642]
                                and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)[/QUOTE

A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO-2M13UbKY
                                I didn't know Rodentsota had parades like that, pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X