X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Powers Boothe. F*!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least I can still watch the reruns of Deadwood(not even remotely intended as a pun)! Great actor whose presence took over most scenes and you could not help but notice.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The first thing I remember him from was when he won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of Jim Jones. The Screen Actors Guild was on strike at the time and everyone boycotted the awards show. Except for him. He won and got a standing ovation for being the only actor to show up.

Comment

Philip Marlowe, Private Eye
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          At least I can still watch the reruns of Deadwood(not even remotely intended as a pun)! Great actor whose presence took over most scenes and you could not help but notice.
          This. I've seen him in other stuff besides Tombstone (which hooked me on his acting) and he was amazing. His subtlety brought so much power to the scene.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            This. I've seen him in other stuff besides Tombstone (which hooked me on his acting) and he was amazing. His subtlety brought so much power to the scene.
            Have you ever seen Deadwood? He was phenomenal in that. He even gave good performances in the cheesy roles I've seen him. The man was just straight up excellent at his job. I don't recall ever seeing him in the starring role, but he he was the man in a room of boys most times he was on screen.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Have you ever seen Deadwood? He was phenomenal in that. He even gave good performances in the cheesy roles I've seen him. The man was just straight up excellent at his job. I don't recall ever seeing him in the starring role, but he he was the man in a room of boys most times he was on screen.
              Deadwood is on my long list. Did see him in the Jim Jones movie, which is becoming a trend. Excellent. That man could act. Straight up act.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He was great as Valentine "Wall" Hatfield as well. Pretty sure they had to get creative with some scenes so you didn't forget Costner and Paxton were the leads.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I re-watch Deadwood every summer. Boothe was actually the second choice to play Al Swearengen(behind Ed O'Neill), but got sick prior to the start of filming and couldn't take the role. Cy Tolliver's character was added in as a favor to Boothe to at least give him some role on the show.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    I re-watch Deadwood every summer. Boothe was actually the second choice to play Al Swearengen(behind Ed O'Neill), but got sick prior to the start of filming and couldn't take the role. Cy Tolliver's character was added in as a favor to Boothe to at least give him some role on the show.
                    Swearengen was played by Ian McShane, not Al Bundy.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Swearengen was played by Ian McShane, not Al Bundy.
                      REALLY??? Like I said, I watch the series once a year, but never noticed who played the main character.

I thought that was pretty obvious from context that McShane was the third choice for the part. Why on earth would they have a second guy if the first guy they offered it to accepted the role?
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        REALLY??? Like I said, I watch the series once a year, but never noticed who played the main character.

I thought that was pretty obvious from context that McShane was the third choice for the part. Why on earth would they have a second guy if the first guy they offered it to accepted the role?
                        You need to calm down a bit there, fella. You really take way too much of the stuff on this site as serious business.

Comment

Chris Cornell dead at 52.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/new...-died-aged-52/
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Wow.

Comment

Ugh. This one hits harder than normal. An icon of my childhood.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Ugh. This one hits harder than normal. An icon of my childhood.
                                An icon of my middle age years. I'd always listened to classic rock and one day my son gave me AIC's Jar of Flies and said listen to this. I was hooked on that genre ever since.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X