Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    At least that's the Norwich definition - that's how Norwich claims Admiral Dewey as an Alum - even though he started at NU, and then graduated from Annapolis. I don't know if other schools have that as their definition or not. Meanwhile a real Norwich Alum will be in Stanley Cup playoffs with the Caps
    Actually...even keith is not technically an alum if that is your definition that they had to have graduated. Keith did not get his diploma from Norwich. One class short of graduating.
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

According to my dictionary an alumnus "was a student at a particular school,college or university." So,Prez., you are correct. No mention of graduating.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Actually...even keith is not technically an alum if that is your definition that they had to have graduated. Keith did not get his diploma from Norwich. One class short of graduating.
        Interesting ... I did not know that - It's hard to tell because they let students participate in graduation even if they are a course or two short.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Cool, that means Plattsburgh State just picked up Tim Robbins.
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
            Cool, that means Plattsburgh State just picked up Tim Robbins.
            Oswego gets Jerry Seinfeld...
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Oswego gets Jerry Seinfeld...
              think he was there for a yr and a half

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                think he was there for a yr and a half
                I used to get an Oswego Sub and hangout in the lobby of Waterbury when Jerry worked the front desk working a running monologue for his entire shift - had something to say to and about everybody who entered and exited - it was the funniest way to spend a Tuesday night...he was known as Jerry the funny front desk guy.....
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

FYI, there is an online PSU hockey jersey auction here: http://www.cardinalhockey.net/

Comment

Plattsburgh ranks No. 1 in the United States and No. 2 in the world for overall satisfaction by international students - {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Apr. 17, 2012}

PLATTSBURGH — When Jaafar El Tassa stepped off an airplane here for the first time, members of Plattsburgh State’s Office of International Student Services were there to greet him.

Then they helped get him settled into his new home.

“When I first got here, I always felt like I could come and talk to them,” said El Tassa, a Brazilian native and Chinese citizen who, before his arrival at age 17, had never been to the United States.

And it seems his positive experience adjusting to life at Plattsburgh State is not unique.

In fact, the college ranks No. 1 in the United States and No. 2 in the world for overall satisfaction by international students, according to the results of the fall 2011 International Student Barometer, a survey administered by the International Graduate Insight Group Ltd.

The 2011 barometer used an online questionnaire to survey 209,422 international students attending 238 schools in 16 countries. Eighteen of those are located in the United States.

NOT UNNOTICED

This is the second year in a row that Plattsburgh State has ranked top in the country for overall satisfaction. The college has also improved its global ranking since 2010, when it placed third.

In addition, the 2011 survey ranks the university top in the nation and the world for its Office of International Student Services, learning support and performance feedback, housing conditions offered upon arrival, visa advice and the ability of its international students to make friends from their host countries and other countries upon arrival.

Plattsburgh State also ranked No. 1 in the United States and No. 2 in the world for overall satisfaction with the arrival experience and No. 1 in the United States and No. 3 in the world for overall learning satisfaction among international students.

“These results once again confirm what we already know: Our faculty and staff work hard to provide exceptional educational experiences to international students — and to all of our students,” said Plattsburgh State President John Ettling in a media release.

“The International Student Barometer results show that these efforts do not go unnoticed.”

CULTURAL ENRICHMENT

In addition to picking El Tassa up at the airport, International Student Services helped him to acquire a Social Security card, an American bank account, a driver’s license and, so he could travel to Canada, a visa.

“We actually go step by step through the process,” said Catrillia Young, associate director of International Student Services at Plattsburgh State.

In addition, Young’s office offers the Partners in Cross-Cultural Learning program, in which international students are invited to connect with community members at luncheon events.

El Tassa is now a graduate student at Plattsburgh State who works as a graduate assistant for International Student Services.

“Another cool thing that we do that’s really awesome is we organize trips for students, for international students specifically … and we go all over,” he said.

For example, the office is offering a trip to see an upcoming Cirque du Soleil performance in Montreal and also organizes trips to places such as Lake Placid and Boston.

“The purpose of these trips is to provide cultural enrichment,” El Tassa said.

THE RIGHT FIT

Along with constantly trying to meet the needs of existing international students, Young said, the office also makes an effort to ensure that those who choose the college do so because it is the right fit for them.

“I think if you speak to any international students on the campus, it’s a pretty popular opinion that Plattsburgh is very international-student friendly,” said senior Bhishma Mago.

“One thing that struck me before I even came to Plattsburgh was the way the office replied to any queries I had,” said the native of India, who now works in the Office of International Student Services as a student assistant.

Young noted that while she feels the college does its best to meet the needs of its students, there is always room for improvement.

“I personally see it as an opportunity for growth,” she said.

Email Ashleigh Livingston at:

alivingston@pressrepublican.com
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Men's Hockey to Play in Benefit Basketball Game

The Plattsburgh State men’s hockey team will be participating in a benefit basketball game against Seton Catholic faculty and parents.

The game will take place at Seton High School Gym on Tuesday, May 1. At 6 p.m. Admission will be $1 for students and $2 for adults. All proceeds will go to the Seton Catholic Booster Club.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Gotta give props to the birds they seem to do a lot of charity work

Comment

Working...
                        X