Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

back to winter.. another 2-5" today, and I can't get my snowblower fixed until next week. I skipped the gym last night in anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      back to winter.. another 2-5" today, and I can't get my snowblower fixed until next week. I skipped the gym last night in anticipation.
      I'm only about 45 north of you (and west), jen, and there must have been 50 robins in my yard just over a week ago. I wonder what they are eating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I've had Outbacks and now a Crosstrek in the shed also. Love those. AWD, mileage, interior space.

But as God as my witness, I will have a WRX before I die, and it'll be an STI at that!

I have a friend with and older WRX STI.
        To quote the great and wise sage Elwood Blues, "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration" will not fail you in that ride.
        My son as a '02 Legacy and that thing is a champ in snow. I moved it for him Sunday morning and it handled the foot of snow we got like a I was on dry pavement. Late Saturday afternoon he was begging for errands to run......I'll pick up dinner......need anything from the store....he has way too much fun with that car. I suspect when he's ready to fork over some real money for a car it will be a WRX.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

"Mother Nature doesn't know it's spring because the Leafs are still playing hockey"

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Ha!!!!!!
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              My son as a '02 Legacy and that thing is a champ in snow. I moved it for him Sunday morning and it handled the foot of snow we got like a I was on dry pavement. Late Saturday afternoon he was begging for errands to run......I'll pick up dinner......need anything from the store....he has way too much fun with that car. I suspect when he's ready to fork over some real money for a car it will be a WRX.
              I make wheel tracks with the Outback down the road so the 4WD trucks and SUVs can get going in the morning.

I was concerned about how the lighter, shorter wheel-based Crosstrek would handle the snow. Not any more ...

But I still want a WRX.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

But I still want a WRX.
                I've never driven one in the snow but I'm told they're not as good in it as the other Subie's due to being more powerful and a lot more "fun" to drive. I think I'd like to try one someday...

Love my Crosstrek. Best snow car I've ever driven hands down.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                  Yeah, not convenient to you. Sorry. One of the guys invited us right up to the counter when we were there to peer over it and he was cutting steaks. He asked "how thick" and we got to basically choose the thickness of our ribeye. They also got us pigs' ears when we wanted to try and make them at home.
                  The place we go won't cut without asking. The local farm is owned by the scum who fought any attempts to increase the school budget "if we don't fund it and things get bad enough people will send their kids elsewhere and then the financial need will go down". Yup. I would eat cat food before giving that guy my business.

I make wheel tracks with the Outback down the road so the 4WD trucks and SUVs can get going in the morning.

I was concerned about how the lighter, shorter wheel-based Crosstrek would handle the snow. Not any more ...

But I still want a WRX.
                  My Subaru gets up my 80ft steep driveway. The neighbor has an Army surplus Humvee that can't make it up when I can

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

But I still want a WRX.
                    DO you use snow tires? Someone just suggested I get some, basically creating a winterized Subaru tank to drive around in

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      DO you use snow tires? Someone just suggested I get some, basically creating a winterized Subaru tank to drive around in
                      Why bother? Mine drives thru anything without them

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        I've never driven one in the snow but I'm told they're not as good in it as the other Subie's due to being more powerful and a lot more "fun" to drive. I think I'd like to try one someday...

Love my Crosstrek. Best snow car I've ever driven hands down.
                        The Outback is still better in the snow than the Crosstrek to my hand, but the Crosstrek is better than 99.9% of what's out there.

I'd keep an Outback or Crosstrek and the WRX would be a "dry pavement" car for me.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          My Subaru gets up my 80ft steep driveway. The neighbor has an Army surplus Humvee that can't make it up when I can
                          It's "High Five Day".

< virtual high five >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Me. No. Never felt the need.
                            But my cars tend to have under 30k so the all-weather tires are "new".
                            (Yeah, I run them up close to original warranty and trade. I get mileage so to me, after I break it down it "don't cost nuffin.". It's actually, for me, cheaper to trade under the original warranty than to have to put on tires and do the scheduled maintenance; plus, I stay under full road side, but have never needed it.)

A friend drives his Impreza WRX STI wagon with snow tires on it all winter.
                            His wife has a Legacy that he puts snow tires on. He leaves the Ford Raptor in the garage and drives the Legacy in the snow.

So yes, if you want a winterized Subaru tank, do it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Subaru circle jerk is quite entertaining to a car guy.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                The Subaru circle jerk is quite entertaining to a car guy.
                                Would you rather we talk about the '81 Olds Cutlass with a Gen1 3.8L V6 that blew and I replaced with a 327 (Holley six-pack carb) out of a 'vette?

My Subarus drive better in the snow (and this is a weather thread).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X