Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    OC's one of the better ones. The one 5 minutes from my house has a decent selection of taps and rotates regularly. The food isn't anything too off the rails, but gets the job done.

$20 gets me a beer I probably haven't tried before, a burger that doesn't involve a clown in a yellow jumpsuit, and the game on a 65 inch TV. That's all I ask. You don't have to go to the other extreme and give me "arugula fed gluten-free conflict-free fair trade Kobe beef with a sriracha kale unicorn jizz reduction hand-made by Tibetan monks in that old abandoned tire factory down the street and served on an old license plate" either.
    Yeah, I don't go to the Yard House. (Cali-based chain)
    I go to OC partly out of habit (and know a couple people who work there), and partly because I finally have my mug/get discounts quite often.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Morning.

Good to see Minnesota's one sports dynasty continue. Lynx won their 4th WNBA title in the last 7 years.
      The who with a what now?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Just found out a few days ago that I went to the same high school as one of my managers...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Just found out a few days ago that I went to the same high school as one of my managers...
          They must not have known before hiring them
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            642.0 miles to go.
            561.6 miles to go.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Ha. I don't usually post in this thread, but I came over here to vote in Kepler's MLB thingy, and this subject line amused me. The answer is: computer programmer.
              For a minute I thought I was in the book thread or the cooking thread

Comment

I just kicked a 25-yard field goal at US Bank Stadium, barefoot, in dockers and a dress shirt with 15 to 20 yards to spare.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I just kicked a 25-yard field goal at US Bank Stadium, barefoot, in dockers and a dress shirt with 15 to 20 yards to spare.
                  Tampa would like to speak with you, because nick folk can't make a thing.

Comment

Waves....
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

s'upp y'all
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My Friday night, 'twas fun. Caught up with some local acquaintances, good times.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Drove to Toronto last night. Going to the Hockey Hall of Fame today. Mr. wT and I have never been.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Good morning Lodge. Drove to Toronto last night. Going to the Hockey Hall of Fame today. Mr. wT and I have never been.
                                Did he change his name from NASK?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X