This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Here's an ultimate tinfoil hat super nuts no way it'd happen thing about Better Call Saul:

What if Kim is actually Wendy? Gets hooked on "the good stuff," and just goes off the rails?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Shut up and take my money

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3elTVTt_ER4

I missed this clip sump last week. But this clip proves the new show has all of the character that made the old show so good.
      Thought the same exact thing when I saw that clip. That clip is really funny.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Thought the same exact thing when I saw that clip. That clip is really funny.
        I burst out laughing when the plane hits "DuckTales" in the new credits. It was so perfect.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I burst out laughing when the plane hits "DuckTales" in the new credits. It was so perfect.
          Mrs. Beakley's clip made me burst out laughing. I like the look of what they've done with her and Webby.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I know Seth Rogan isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was great on Colbert.

Haha, also Kumail Nanjiani from Silicon Valley previewing his new show, The Big Sick:

:What are your thoughts on 9/11?
            :It was a tragedy. We lost 19 of our best guys.

Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-21-2017, 02:06 AM.

Comment

The voices of Huey, Dewey, and Louie do sound a tad more mature for their drawn age, but the clips were fun. I'm excited for it.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Haha, also Kumail Nanjiani from Silicon Valley previewing his new show, The Big Sick:

:What are your thoughts on 9/11?
                :It was a tragedy. We lost 19 of our best guys.

I'm not a prude or a puritan when it comes to comedy.

In fact, I'm pretty sick and should probably see someone.

Might be too soon for that joke though.

Yikes.

Comment

Speaking of off color/too soon humor…

In a concept development class that I took for my design degree, we had to do a project that created an unusual souvenir that a tourist might buy from a place where you wouldn't sell such things and tourists wouldn't go.

I did mine for Truckee and made a snow globe titled "Dinner with the Donners" complete with a vignette of a wrecked covered wagon and some settlers cooking a full human carcass on a spit – bought a miniature model and customized it for my vision.

Was very well received and I got an A. Still have it.

Then we get to this quiet 19ish year old girl who was always soft spoken and polite. She's got a white baseball cap and on it is a silhouette of a human outlines – mother and child - in negative with the rest of the illustration in black ink.

No one could understand what it was supposed to be.

A Hiroshima souvenir. The outline of vaporized bombing victims as they were on walls after the explosion.

I think all of our jaws were on the ground.

Sickly funny and completely unexpected from this student. You gotta watch the quiet ones.

We did discuss whether even 60 years (or whatever) was too soon as it made you squirm a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Speaking of off color/too soon humor…

In a concept development class that I took for my design degree, we had to do a project that created an unusual souvenir that a tourist might buy from a place where you wouldn't sell such things and tourists wouldn't go.

I did mine for Truckee and made a snow globe titled "Dinner with the Donners" complete with a vignette of a wrecked covered wagon and some settlers cooking a full human carcass on a spit – bought a miniature model and customized it for my vision.

Was very well received and I got an A. Still have it.

Then we get to this quiet 19ish year old girl who was always soft spoken and polite. She's got a white baseball cap and on it is a silhouette of a human outlines – mother and child - in negative with the rest of the illustration in black ink.

No one could understand what it was supposed to be.

A Hiroshima souvenir. The outline of vaporized bombing victims as they were on walls after the explosion.

I think all of our jaws were on the ground.

Sickly funny and completely unexpected from this student. You gotta watch the quiet ones.

We did discuss whether even 60 years (or whatever) was too soon as it made you squirm a bit.

There is probably a market somewhere for "Dinner with the Donners". It's gross and it is sick humor. People buy that shtick.

Nobody's going to buy the hat. I think we're still embarrassed by the A bombs, even though my father and uncles directly benefited from it.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      There is probably a market somewhere for "Dinner with the Donners". It's gross and it is sick humor. People buy that shtick.

Nobody's going to buy the hat. I think we're still embarrassed by the A bombs, even though my father and uncles directly benefited from it.

Exactly.

That's what the critique discussion centered around.

Shock value is one thing, but for practical purposes of the project, it had to actually be marketable.

Mine was near the line. Hers went way over to cringe territory.

Still... I was impressed by her sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Here's an ultimate tinfoil hat super nuts no way it'd happen thing about Better Call Saul:

What if Kim is actually Wendy? Gets hooked on "the good stuff," and just goes off the rails?

Man, I hope not but her saying "As always, the good stuff" is likely not an accident and is there to set something else up. Otherwise, why have that line in there at all?

Does Saul ever meet Wendy in BB? Can't recall.

Comment

Gurt:

Saul doesn't, but obviously there is a tie-in with him, via Jesse. It'd just be a weird small-world connection in the ABQ.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gurt
                            Gort.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gurt:

Saul doesn't, but obviously there is a tie-in with him, via Jesse. It'd just be a weird small-world connection in the ABQ.

I think it would be a downright tragic outcome for that character.

Could see it though. Needing more hours than are available to get work done. Need to stay awake. She's got an addictive personality already.

Just a small nip - keep you going all night. She'd believe at first that she could control it.

Faces of meth could lead to her looking quite different although the personalities between the two characters are a big contrast.

I don't believe that they will go that direction, but it is plausible that she could end up that way and therefore possible that they will go just there.

Hope not.

I believe Saul posts bail for her at some point during BB.

Comment

Better Call Saul renewed for a 4th season. No surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X