Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Excerpt from a cute MGoBlog article about how Red Berenson should be fired if he won't retire:

Originally posted by MGoBlog
    Michigan's coaching is not and has not been an asset since Mel Pearson left. Pearson is working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis in comparison. He's made the tournament twice in the last three years, and finished in the top five of even strength Corsi all three years. His talent is at best average in the WCHA; he outperforms. Berenson's talent was at worst league-average in the Big Ten; he underperforms.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      Excerpt from a cute MGoBlog article about how Red Berenson should be fired if he won't retire:
      His talent is at best average in the WCHA? thats harsh and untrue.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        His talent is at best average in the WCHA? thats harsh and untrue.
        Michigan fans, what do you expect.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          I think we have some very talented guys. Maybe unheralded, in the Big ten, but talented. I think it's terrible to treat Red like that besides. They have good coaching, but they lost a lot of guys early last season.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That is exactly the kind of stupidity I expect from Michigan fans.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Hope someone passes that article on to Mel. Good to know that the place that wants him back doesn't think much of his recruiting skills or eye four talent.. How many times this year did Mel state that this group of D was one of the most talented in the nation, as well as being the most talented as a group that he had ever coached...

Hack job of a piece just looking to stir up trouble.

Comment

Read that earlier today, and I died laughing when I got to that particular bit of tripe. They are in such denial right now.

Comment

Pearson is working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis in comparison.
                  LOL!! I hear Houghton has a McDonald's, a Walmart Super Center, and a stop light these days. That's pretty uptown compared to when I was there in the 70s.

The Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor won't allow a Walmart so I'd argue it's a few notches below Houghton in amenities (all of the big box stores are just across the city limits in Ypsilanti). Houghton certainly has better skiing.
                  Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-03-2017, 08:31 PM.
                  "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                  Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                    LOL!! I hear Houghton has a McDonald's, a Walmart Super Center, and a stop light these days. That's pretty uptown compared to when I was there in the 70s.

The Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor won't allow a Walmart so I'd argue it's a few notches below Houghton in amenities (all of the big box stores are just across the city limits in Ypsilanti). Houghton certainly has better skiing.
                    There is a walmart in Saline on State St. Just 2 miles outside of A2.

Comment

They're stuck with Red until he decides to retire or becomes incapacitated. He's not going to go willingly. They had a chance to get Mel but Red wouldn't step aside. Heck, Mel was there 23 years.

If Red passes away on the bench, they can prop him up and do "Weekend at Red's" for a while...
                      Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-03-2017, 10:15 PM.
                      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                        There is a walmart in Saline on State St. Just 2 miles outside of A2.
                        Yes, and all the sales tax dollars go to Saline. And all the tax dollars spent on Carpenter Road go to Ypsi. [SAD TROMBONE][/SAD TROMBONE] FWIW, Mel lived in Saline when he coached at U of M.
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          That is exactly the kind of stupidity I expect from Michigan fans.
                          In terms of overall talent, Tech was in the top 2 or 3 in the WCHA. Some clown who only saw the GLI, has no clue of the Huskies talent level in their league.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                            They're stuck with Red until he decides to retire or becomes incapacitated. He's not going to go willingly. They had a chance to get Mel but Red wouldn't step aside. Heck, Mel was there 23 years.

If Red passes away on the bench, they can prop him up and do "Weekend at Red's" for a while...
                            He isn't dead already? I could have sworn Red's corpse has been coaching the last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              In terms of overall talent, Tech was in the top 2 or 3 in the WCHA. Some clown who only saw the GLI, has no clue of the Huskies talent level in their league.
                              I thought they played well in the GLi and to tell the truth represented their talent fairly. They beat Michigan easily and could have won by a bigger margin. Then went 10 minutes into overtime with WMU. With all due respect, the talent level has to be measured nationally, not against the league, imho. And I would like to see the talent level continue to climb, which I think it is. I Know we are losing some really good defensemen, but I think next years' team will be better than this years.
                              And given what Minnesota State recruited for this coming year we will have to be better in order to compete.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                IKnow we are losing some really good defensemen, but I think next years' team will be better than this years.
                                And given what Minnesota State recruited for this coming year we will have to be better in order to compete.
                                I hope so, we need more scoring to make that happen.

Top 6
                                L'Esperance, Lucchini, Jackson, Steman or Smith, Baltus, and Gould.

Does that look right if Baltus gets the redshirt?

Comment

Working...
                                X