Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Black Bears plz
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      Will somebody please strangle that PA guy ? He is the absolute worst I have ever heard. Effn terrible. He adds absolutely zero class to this program... none
      Guess I'm not the only one.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        He was the better goalie last night. The game winner last night was one of the worst goals I have ever seen conceded. It was a pass from about 40' away that somehow beat Bub.
        Hopefully tonight too, but as usual leaving rebounds out front.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          Hopefully tonight too, but as usual leaving rebounds out front.
          Don't blame Matty for the penalty fest done by his teammates. How you trip someone in the neutral zone on a PP is beyond me.

Comment

• That takes care of 1 point I thought they might get.

Comment

Ughhh. That was just moronic.

Honestly, what part of "stay the eff out of the box, you're not good enough to afford it" don't these guys get?

Comment

Taking the under (11 wins). This team is as bad a Maine team as I've seen in many years. No end to the misery is in sight, either.

Comment

I thought Morris played pretty well tonight. There was only one goal that I thought he should have had. The second home game I have been to this year and the penalties continue to hurt Maine. The tripping penalty on #25 was a senseless penalty which led to a ND goal. Another goal by ND with 4 on 4. ND scores 4 unanswered goals. This is certainly one of the worst teams in Maine history. They may develop, but right now the only two legitimate D! players are Byron and Brown and they were recruited by Tim. Congratulations to Cam Brown by the way for being the 54th player to reach 100 pts. tonight. Maine was outshot 2-1 at the end of every period. They mishandle the puck and have difficulty receiving the puck cleanly on passes. There was a good crowd on hand until about 5 minutes left in the game when the building started to empty. I suspect many fans (me included), wanted to see ND play in HE for the last time.
                  Notre Dame was very disciplined and played their defensive positions very well.

Comment

• Best part of the game, maine takes a too many men penalty on a face off. The staff should be proud

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Best part of the game, maine takes a too many men penalty on a face off. The staff should be proud
                      Yes, I thought the same thing. Nice to see the team and staff have their heads in the game.

On a more positive note, Kimball Union is now 27-3-2 with 3 games left in the regular season. The team has 9 - 10 elite hockey prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Yes, I thought the same thing. Nice to see the team and staff have their heads in the game.

On a more positive note, Kimball Union is now 27-3-2 with 3 games left in the regular season. The team has 9 - 10 elite hockey prospects.
                        Good for Tim, he has found his niche. He was done at UMaine though. I wonder if he will try to find another college coaching job?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Good for Tim, he has found his niche. He was done at UMaine though. I wonder if he will try to find another college coaching job?
                          Do you think he would come back if we asked him? I think that perhaps once his kids are out of school he will consider other possibilities. If the right college position were to open up he would be a strong candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Do you think he would come back if we asked him? I think that perhaps once his kids are out of school he will consider other possibilities. If the right college position were to open up he would be a strong candidate.
                            I'm pretty sure Maine burned that bridge

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              I didn't see a player on the ice for Maine last night that would get out of the stands for a BC or BU. Looking over the recruits, I don't see anyone that would be above the third or fourth line on a good Hockey East team.

Maine needs to bring in a youngish, energetic head coach with no ties to the program. Zero. Just bleach the whole thing and burn it to the ground.
                              Your Statement hits the nail on the head...some may hate the sound of it and others just might start to see the light and it's not shining with RG behind the bench anytime soon or later. You put it the way it should be: Point Blank and Blunt to say what it is... A MESS that will never get better. Good Post imo.

Comment

I've been more positive than most on here but its tough after last night. It's really frustrating they have not won from so many winning positions this year. There are going to be times it happens but it shouldn't be more than once or twice a season. To be 2-0 up with them on the ropes and completely give it away is crazy. I can understand taking a penalty to prevent them from getting a good scoring chance but never in a million years should two guys on the fourth line take penalties on the same play when the puck is up the other end of the ice.

I honestly do think Red & co have done a much better job recruiting than the prior regime. The best recruits haven't shown up yet and people are selling this year's freshmen way short. With all that being said, the in game coaching just hasn't been good enough. This isn't a great Maine team but with the talent they have and the schedule they have faced no way they should be under .500. The only games where they didn't have much chance in were BU and Providence and there was basically seven free wins.

I'm not sure on the way forward. I think the best thing to do would be to give Ben a year and see what happens. If they decide to go in a completely different direction be prepared to be underwhelmed.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X