Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361)

This meeting was February 14. Why didn't he report it until three months later, and why to the NYT and not the DoJ? Is it because Sessions took office as AG on February 9?

By not reporting it, what's Comey saying other than he felt the need to document meetings with POTUS (as he documented everything).
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Yeah, we have three co-equal branches of government and one of them has to come first.

Congress is not more powerful than the other 2.
      Yeah, but we as a modern society have a tendency to hero worship, dare I say look for a "monarch". That's tough to do to "435 + 100", or 9.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361)

This meeting was February 14. Why didn't he report it until three months later, and why to the NYT and not the DoJ? Is it because Sessions took office as AG on February 9?

By not reporting it, what's Comey saying other than he felt the need to document meetings with POTUS (as he documented everything).
        How do you know he didn't inform the DOJ? Somehow I doubt Sessions would be disclosing that publically right now.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Mentioning those, what if the words in each don't match?

Trump would be damaged: He's TAPING!

Comey? Any shred of credibility would be gone.
          Way to miss my point...

I think there's about a .0001% chance that any tapes exist.

Comment

We already know he shared the info within the FBI close to immediately, which is DOJ yes?

Comment

Hillary didn't have the magic wand. Trump does.
              yes, we already know sexism had significant effect on the election

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                yes, we already know sexism had significant effect on the election
                Masterfully played.
                < tip of cap >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  How do you know he didn't inform the DOJ?
                  You're right.
                  We don't know.
                  Add it to the list of things we've heard but don't have the hard documentation (the smoking gun) on yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Trump's problem is far different than say Bush-Cheney, who would push the envelope on what was legal (torture for example, or detaining US citizens). Trump thinks of the DOJ and various other agencies like the audit or compliance departments for one of his properties. As a CEO, he can say "yeah I know Mike Flynn used the corporate account for personal spending but don't worry about it. No more questions about that." This will end up getting him into serious trouble as he does blatantly illegal things under the guise that he has no limitations. It doesn't help that in terms of disclosing classified info to the Russians, he can in fact legally decide to do that, not that he gave it a ton of thought I'm sure. That attitude is going to govern everything that he does.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

National security council officials add trumps name to as many paragraphs as possible otherwise he won't keep reading.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...le-so-he-reads

Comment

What's the charge? The President can declassify information and that's what he ham-handedly did. If that's a smart power to vest is another story.

That's what I don't get. I keep hearing "impeach". What's the charge. Did he violate the tenure of office act? Did he order a break in at a DC hotel? Did he perjure himself to a grand jury? The closest might be "obstruction"; but, is "hope you can let this go" obstruction? Is there a prosecutor that'd take that on?

The statute reads:

Does "hope" meet that?

Now if there's something other than "hope" ... file the charges.

Being a self-absorbed, phony, smarmy ***** is not an impeachable charge. (If it was we'd have impeached far more elected officials from both sides.)

Like I've said: I'm on manila envelope watch. The Comey memo(s)? That's not it. If there's real, irrefutable stuff it's going to show up on a Congressional Democrat's Georgetown townhome's front stoop one morning sooner or later.
                        What Hillary did was found to be legal (or at least not worthy of indictment according to the DOJ and FBI) too...yet that didnt stop you from going off the deep end.

And I didnt ask you whether you thought it was legal, I asked if you were ok with it. It would seem you are...I dont even need to ask if Hillary was in office if that would be the same answer...

You really need to either admit you just dont care what the Right Side does or do a better job hiding your obvious bias. Your hypocrisy is showing too easy and it makes it hard for me not to poke the bear
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I don't think the case needs to be made that communism is not inherently evil while the KKK is.

Pretty obvious false equivalency.

Sorry for going back a few pages, but during the 20th century Communism put into practice was responsible for the deaths of nearly 100 million people, or roughly the equivalent of every man, woman and child currently living on the entire US Eastern Seaboard, ME to FL. Not to mention countless others maimed, tortured, imprisoned and just plain oppressed otherwise.

That's the results of this benign political idea. It's really not very nice in my book.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Sorry for going back a few pages, but during the 20th century Communism put into practice was responsible for the deaths of nearly 100 million people, or roughly the equivalent of every man, woman and child currently living on the entire US Eastern Seaboard, ME to FL. Not to mention countless others maimed, tortured, imprisoned and just plain oppressed otherwise.

That's the results of this benign political idea. It's really not very nice in my book.
                            I think you're confusing a dictatorship with communism. Or rather, you aren't differentiating between a communist dictatorship and a communist ideology.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

2/10...I doubt even you buy your Flaggy like attempt to "just ask the question" here
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Never took a political philosophy class? Lets try logic...

Did Communists do evil things? Yes. Does that make Communism evil in nature?
                                Did Christians do evil things? Yes. Does that make Christians evil?
                                Did Republicans do evil things? Yes. Does that make Republicans evil?
                                Have evil things been done in the name of the Free Market/Capitalism? Yes. Are they evil?

No one is denying that evil has been done under the power of Communism but there is nothing inherently evil about communism on its face just as there isnt about anything else.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X