The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

What’s with all these neurological disorders? My wife has Parkinson’s which we’ve managed to arrest with a cocktail of drugs for a few years now, but it certainly affects her mobility, and travel, particularly air travel, is difficult. We’ve dodged bullets that last couple of years since we could drive to the FF and this years is effectively local, but I don’t know about Tampa. That was even hard last time.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    ...My wife is on Aubagio (teriflunomide). ...
    These brand names crack me up. Who comes up with them? Some committee of $120k marketing whizzes? I can understand a soothing sounding name like “Zoloft” for an antidepressant, but “Aubagio”? I had an easier time with the chemical name. Hard “g” or soft? Sounds like some sort of pasta and cheese dish. Whatever it is, I hope it continues to serve you well.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      These brand names crack me up. Who comes up with them? Some committee of $120k marketing whizzes?
      More like $620k marketing whizzes. I love how all the names sound like randomized collections of syllables. Why yes, I do trust my "Zuveneru."
      Last edited by Kepler; 04-02-2015, 01:39 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        hope it works out
        A positive result: Dr. Mrs. Kepler was diagnosed with MS last summer. She was prescribed a medication and this week got her second set of MRI results back, establishing how she's responding. There's been no significant change. Her neurologist says this was the best possible result (you don't get better -- the idea is to stop it in its tracks) and if it holds she won't suffer additional deterioration (well, except we all grow old).
        More like $620k marketing whizzes. I love how all the names sound like randomized collections of syllables. Why yes, I do trust my "Zuveneru."
        My anti-depressant is Brintellix, which doesn't convey anti-depressant, but it keeps my mood hovering around a 5 or 6 out of 10.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          My anti-depressant is Brintellix, which doesn't convey anti-depressant, but it keeps my mood hovering around a 5 or 6 out of 10.
          "Brintellix" sounds like an upper that helps you stay awake while cramming.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Brintellix" sounds like an upper that helps you stay awake while cramming.
            Or while you're spending the rest of the night typing the last 6 pages of a 10 page paper, due the next day, that you had all semester to work on...
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Or while you're spending the rest of the night typing the last 6 pages of a 10 page paper, due the next day, that you had all semester to work on...
              I would finish that paper the week it was assigned because I obsessively can't stand having things hang over my head. Somehow this hasn't helped me do my taxes, though.
              Cornell University

Comment

I did not get the membership desk position. HOWEVER... membership coach said I interviewed well, and said I'd be considered for other spots in the store as they come available.

Comment

I did not get the membership desk position. HOWEVER... membership coach said I interviewed well, and said I'd be considered for other spots in the store as they come available.
                  hopefully something comes along soon

Comment

hopefully something comes along soon
                    And I did St. Clown's math... as long as I stay between 20-25 hours a week, my pay will see an increase. Gross for the next paycheck will be $450-ish.

Comment

Would appreciate prayers today. Mum les having surgery. Bad situation.

Comment

Would appreciate prayers today. Mum les having surgery. Bad situation.
                        Prayers headed your and Mum's way!
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                          Prayers headed your and Mum's way!
                          Thanks. Out of surgery. Supposed to be all fixed. Now to deal with the aftermath.

Comment

Thanks. Out of surgery. Supposed to be all fixed. Now to deal with the aftermath.
                            Great news!

Comment

Thoughts heading your way, les.

Update on my aunt. A long time ago, I mentioned that she was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. After a long battle, the tumor has spread to her brain. The doctors have decided not to continue with chemo and only do radiation. To sum it up, this is pretty much the end for her. * cancer.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                Thoughts heading your way, les.

Update on my aunt. A long time ago, I mentioned that she was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. After a long battle, the tumor has spread to her brain. The doctors have decided not to continue with chemo and only do radiation. To sum it up, this is pretty much the end for her. * cancer.
                                * cancer. That is shi77y.

Comment

Working...
                                X