X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Mel making big changes.

No one has ever worn a jersey number higher than #39 here. Ever. In the 95 year history of Michigan Hockey. Until now.

#43 Quinn Hughes
    #45 Jack LaFontaine
    #47 Christian Meike
    #61 James Sanchez
    #74 Nicholas Boka
    #88 Steven Merl
    #90 Dexter Dancs
    #91 Michael Pastujov

That's gonna be insane to see. I think it's awesome.
    OK, this is just a little thing BUT little things can make a season. As much as we all love Michigan hockey I think that we can all agree that a small amount of variation was necessary. I think this is a fantastic step to bringing Michigan back. Of course that alone won't do it but it can't hurt.

Hey, do you think Mel will take out all of the aluminum bleachers and bring back the wood? Now that would be awesome!
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Any news?
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo
        Does anyone know where I can find the '17-'18 Michigan thread? I keep searching for the little cool guy with the sunglasses emoji but I'm coming up empty handed...
        ??? This is the '17-18 thread.

Not much is going on, not many get news directly, and there are not that many Michigan fans on this board. Therefore, there's little going on.

Comment

A late addition to the schedule.

Saturday, December 2nd will be Michigan playing its first road exhibition game in many many years.

Wolverines travel TO the US NTDP and play them at their home arena in Plymouth.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            Does anyone know where I can find the '17-'18 Michigan thread? I keep searching for the little cool guy with the sunglasses emoji but I'm coming up empty handed...

See, it's not just me...

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              A late addition to the schedule.

Saturday, December 2nd will be Michigan playing its first road exhibition game in many many years.

Wolverines travel TO the US NTDP and play them at their home arena in Plymouth.
              Thanks, that is unusual.

Comment

Yes this is a hockey board and we all love Michigan hockey. However Football starts tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Yes this is a hockey board and we all love Michigan hockey. However Football starts tomorrow!!!!!
                  Football tomorrow? Go Blue!

Also, that means hockey is right around the corner!
                  I'm excited. I was checking the Deker website to find news on the picnic, but the website hasn't been updated since last season. Wonder if Mel will do the picnic, or if that was a Red thing.

What are predictions for this season? Anyone know much about our incoming Freshman? How many seasons to get back to the NCAA tourney (on a consistent, let's aim for our previous streak or better manner)?
                  I'm all kinds of hopeful. However, I like to temper my expectations so as to not be mad/disappointed. I'm hoping for a winning season, preferably 20+ wins.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Also, did everyone see/read the Oral History of Yost posts on mgoblog.
                    Great reads. Reminds me why I love the Yost atmosphere, this team, and college hockey in general.

http://mgoblog.com/content/oral-hist...orrowing-bears
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Football tomorrow? Go Blue!

Also, that means hockey is right around the corner!
                      I'm excited. I was checking the Deker website to find news on the picnic, but the website hasn't been updated since last season. Wonder if Mel will do the picnic, or if that was a Red thing.

What are predictions for this season? Anyone know much about our incoming Freshman? How many seasons to get back to the NCAA tourney (on a consistent, let's aim for our previous streak or better manner)?
                      I'm all kinds of hopeful. However, I like to temper my expectations so as to not be mad/disappointed. I'm hoping for a winning season, preferably 20+ wins.
                      Well, as I'm sure everyone knows Mel doesn't think that there will be a drop-off. Some of the incoming Freshman are highly ranked but you never know if those re correct or not. For some odd reason I seem to recall Mel wanting to bring more size to Michigan. If I remembered correctly that's a good thing as we have always lacked size.

All that I know for sure is that I'm antsy for football. About 30 more minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Well, as I'm sure everyone knows Mel doesn't think that there will be a drop-off. Some of the incoming Freshman are highly ranked but you never know if those re correct or not. For some odd reason I seem to recall Mel wanting to bring more size to Michigan. If I remembered correctly that's a good thing as we have always lacked size.
                        Talk about a short memory!
                        Last season UM was the third tallest team at 6'1" and second heaviest at 196.6 lbs. Does Mel plan to share recruits with the football coach?

Comment

Re: the picnic- apparently there are some new NCAA rules that effect the picnic. Which is why it's taking so long to set up.

Comment

If you want to see a video of the team practicing- there's one up on Mgoblue.com.

Less than a month for the season to start. Actually- 3 weeks until the "opener" with Western Ontario, which is also "skate with the Wolverines" night. (Which we will miss.... )

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                              Talk about a short memory!
                              Last season UM was the third tallest team at 6'1" and second heaviest at 196.6 lbs. Does Mel plan to share recruits with the football coach?
                              Maybe I do have a short-memory issue, but the guys always look smaller than the opposition.
                              Last edited by UMICH; 09-10-2017, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Re: the picnic- apparently there are some new NCAA rules that effect the picnic. Which is why it's taking so long to set up.
                                It is official. No Deker Picnic this year.
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X