This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

I watched the Star Wars teaser...meh. It looks interesting and rather generic. I will still see it though
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Read that a "Coming To America" sequel is coming to Paramount.

NO.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Read that a "Coming To America" sequel is coming to Paramount.

NO.
        Don't you know there are no original ideas in Hollywood anymore.
        Everything has to be either a sequel or a reboot.

Comment

It's in the GD title, man!
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sully:

About the Miracle On The Hudson. You could tell they were not trying to Hollywoodize this thing, and they did a good job of it. Very solid movie, highly recommend.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Jackie

The acting was outstanding. JFC. Top notch. The presentation of the story, however, was rather choppy. I think the flow really needed improvement. I don't mind dry movies, but this was one that should not have been shown in such a manner.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I've been pretty sick the last three days. When I wasn't sleeping, I caught a few movies.

The Deerhunter - that was one big fat meh. I don't get how this is so highly rated. The first hour was wholly useless.
                Any Given Sunday - Awful. No redeeming qualities.
                Michael Clayton - pretty good
                War Dogs - surprisingly good and interesting
                Catch me if you can - also good
                Insomnia - Creepy but boring
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  The Deerhunter - that was one big fat meh. I don't get how this is so highly rated. The first hour was wholly useless.
                  The first hour is brilliant. Once they leave for Nam it's meh.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I was so bored with the movie I almost turned it off after the first hour. The acting was terrible. The story was useless.

Sinclair's The Jungle did that scene much better in book form. Spend a short time at the wedding, tell the story, move on. They drew that scene out for 45 minutes, spent 15 on the hunt, then sent you to Vietnam. The only useful scene was, "F_ck it."
                    Code:

Comment

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Any Given Sunday - Awful. No redeeming qualities.
                      What? What about Willie Beamon? He keeps the ladies creamin'.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I was so bored with the movie I almost turned it off after the first hour. The acting was terrible. The story was useless.

Sinclair's The Jungle did that scene much better in book form. Spend a short time at the wedding, tell the story, move on. They drew that scene out for 45 minutes, spent 15 on the hunt, then sent you to Vietnam. The only useful scene was, "F_ck it."
                        The wedding is the story. It's not a war movie or a political movie or an adventure movie, it's a period piece about those people back in that little sh-t PA town (disclaimer: exactly the same as the little sh-t PA town my mother's side is from). It's basically a story about Trump voters 40 years ahead of its time.

Meryl Streep sucks, but everything else in the first hour of that film is perfect.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought Streep was the only decent performance aside from DeNiro.
                          Code:

Comment

I thought Streep was the only decent performance aside from DeNiro.
                            Well it would appear we are two different people. (I've never cared for DeNiro very much in that movie either.)
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              What? What about Willie Beamon? He keeps the ladies creamin'.
                              I think that was the precise moment the movie lost me. I could get by the annoying and inappropriate cuts to b-roll during every speech in the movie*. I could get by the horrible stereotypes. But by that point, it was obvious there was no plot. No acting. And it was just an awful movie.

* - it reminded me of an Ebert line about Battlefield Earth. "The director, Roger Christian, has learned from better films that directors sometimes tilt their cameras, but he has not learned why."
                              Code:

Comment

Any Given Sunday was awful...it took every stupid cliche, chewed them up, spit them out, then re-ate them crapped them out and ate the crap.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X