Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    if you come in from 95, the view of the Manhattan Skyline from the Whitestone Bridge is breathtaking. Let someone else drive and sit in the passenger seat.
    Sure, NYC is gorgeous. I was just talking about Citi.

Look around, look around, at how
    Lucky we are to be alive right now!
    Look around, look around, at how
    Lucky we are to be alive right now!

History is happening in Manhattan and we
    Just happen to be
    In the greatest city in the world!
    In the greatest city in the world!

Work.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Sure, NYC is gorgeous.
      To each their own I guess ...
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I love that, too.

It isn't a city.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          if you come in from 95, the view of the Manhattan Skyline from the Whitestone Bridge is breathtaking. Let someone else drive and sit in the passenger seat.
          Went to school for 4 years under the Throggs Neck. Definitely got spoiled by the view on a clear day.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Went to school for 4 years under the Throggs Neck. Definitely got spoiled by the view on a clear day.
            Merchant Marine Academy?

I was a guard at their harbor simulator one summer.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Merchant Marine Academy?

I was a guard at their harbor simulator one summer.
              Nah, the better brother. SUNY. Our ship is bigger, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Nah, the better brother. SUNY. Our ship is bigger, too.
                Boat schoolers. < sigh >

Signed,
                A former Navy nuke instructor
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Boat schoolers. < sigh >

Signed,
                  Hey, atleast we know how to get from point A to point B safely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajq8eag4Mvc

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Boat schoolers. < sigh >

Signed,
                    My nephew is in prototype school in Charleston. When he's done, he's off to Groton.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Got out to the South Side a couple weeks ago. Sox vs Royals, so got cheap tickets eight rows up the first baseline just past the infield.

Rainy day to start so a bit of a delay, but that was fine because it allowed some time to walk around the ballpark. It was 1993 AL West reunion day, so Ozzie, Bo, Frank Thomas, and McDowell were all there and got a huge ovation.

Already soaked from the rain I decided to have a turn in the Comiskey stadium shower they have out in center field.

Game moved quickly until the 8th when they started going to the bullpen. It was on pace for a 2:20 finish, ended up going about 2:45, but there were some good plays for two awful teams.

I think I'd place this at the bottom of the stadiums I've visited so far.

Weirdest thing was the amount of fans of other teams there. Tigers, Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. An entire family came in double billing Cubs gear, which was a little odd. Quite a few Midwest League teams as well.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Got out to the South Side a couple weeks ago. Sox vs Royals, so got cheap tickets eight rows up the first baseline just past the infield.

Rainy day to start so a bit of a delay, but that was fine because it allowed some time to walk around the ballpark. It was 1993 AL West reunion day, so Ozzie, Bo, Frank Thomas, and McDowell were all there and got a huge ovation.

Already soaked from the rain I decided to have a turn in the Comiskey stadium shower they have out in center field.

Game moved quickly until the 8th when they started going to the bullpen. It was on pace for a 2:20 finish, ended up going about 2:45, but there were some good plays for two awful teams.

I think I'd place this at the bottom of the stadiums I've visited so far.

Weirdest thing was the amount of fans of other teams there. Tigers, Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. An entire family came in double billing Cubs gear, which was a little odd. Quite a few Midwest League teams as well.
                        I get the pleasure of going to the worst stadium in the league the next few days. Yanks @ Rays. Only nice things about the Cropduster is the Rays touch tank and its climate controlled.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          I get the pleasure of going to the worst stadium in the league the next few days. Yanks @ Rays. Only nice things about the Cropduster is the Rays touch tank and its climate controlled.
                          Don't think I'll ever make it to The Trop. Ybor City stadium should be built by then. Of course, if I had my way I'd be seeing them or the Marlins at Labatt Stadium in Montreal.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Don't think I'll ever make it to The Trop. Ybor City stadium should be built by then. Of course, if I had my way I'd be seeing them or the Marlins at Labatt Stadium in Montreal.
                            One can only hope, should the Rays stay down here.

Comment

I did a fancy Shutterfly photo book of all my ballpark trips (scanned tickets, programs, photos, etc). Really excited to see it (although it was pricey - but so was going to all 30 stadiums). I added an index of all my road games at the end (thanks retrosheet). 50% off all photo books right now.

I also discovered a missing Cubs game I didn't have - Sept 12, 1998 - Cubs 15, Brewers 12. How did I not remember THAT one? I vaguely recall a foul ball hit by Mark Loretta landing in the lap of the lady next to us... but the game? nope. But I found the ticket stub (I wish I had kept more ticket stubs, or at least organized the ones I did have).
                              Last edited by jen; 12-31-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                I did a fancy Shutterfly photo book of all my ballpark trips (scanned tickets, programs, photos, etc). Really excited to see it (although it was pricey - but so was going to all 30 stadiums). I added an index of all my road games at the end (thanks retrosheet). 50% off all photo books right now.

I also discovered a missing Cubs game I didn't have - Sept 12, 1998 - Cubs 15, Brewers 12. How did I not remember THAT one? I vaguely recall a foul ball hit by Mark Loretta landing in the lap of the lady next to us... but the game? nope. But I found the ticket stub (I wish I had kept more ticket stubs, or at least organized the ones I did have).
                                Very cool!
                                My wife loves creating these books, has done them for vacations and also made one for our kids when they graduated from HS.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X