X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Frenchy, you call me an ***hole right now!
    Aw, what is this? If there's one thing I hate, it's a whining platoon! "We don't wanna do pushups! We don't wanna get up early! We don't wanna have you take naked pictures of us!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Aw, what is this? If there's one thing I hate, it's a whining platoon! "We don't wanna do pushups! We don't wanna get up early! We don't wanna have you take naked pictures of us!"
      Thanks a lot, Tim Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Thanks a lot, Tim Tim!
        FlagDUDE, I told you, put on the hat.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          FlagDUDE, I told you, put on the hat.
          Sorry Frenchy, you know the rules... I'm afraid that you're out of scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            The military is something mandated by and paid for by government. It's not a voluntary association like a church or the Boy Scouts. One is comparable to the Boy Scouts, the other isn't remotely.
            The churches problems are on an entirely different galaxy compared to the Boy Scouts.
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
              What the f did the government have to do with it???
              My immediate thought
              Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand. Plus, I know from past conversations you know exactly what I mean. You're just trying to pick a fight. No thanks. Been there, done that around here. No point to doing it over again.

I expect to see the Scouts decline from here on out. Just like the mainline denominational churches that went PC and endorsed the trendy social agendas of the day and they've been in decline every since. In the Scouts case, the math is even more compelling. 70 percent of Scout troops are sponsored by churches, with large chunks sponsored by folks like the Southern Baptists, Catholics, and Mormons. But, as is always the case in this sort of push of an agenda, the kids are the ones that will lose out.
              I haven't seen your explanation and I don't know what you mean. I am unclear why Scouts would decline. These boys and men are the same boys and men they were before except now, instead of either lying about who they are or not being involved they can be honest. The men who were good leaders and happen to be gay are not suddenly going to turn into bad leaders. If someone judges only by sexual orientation then it is not the leader that has the trouble, it is the person who is judging on the wrong 'merits.'

Sexuality is not the most important part of most peoples' personality. When someone asks me to define myself I do not start out with my sexual preference or who I sleep with, I start out with a character trait. Others may start out with their profession. Do you look at a heterosexual and wonder who they sleep with or what they do in the bedroom as your first thought? Does who they sleep with negate all their other traits? I highly doubt it. Jesus associated with all the undesirables of his time- tax collectors, prostitutes, fallen women, lepers etc. When I see people judging those who they deem 'unfit' I wonder what Jesus would think about how we have forgotten what he has taught us.

Comment

Cripes, how many kids under the age of 14 identify themselves as "openly" anything? The worry over this decision is preposterous and should shame anyone that claims to be an adult that can't get past it. The lack of need to worry extends far beyond that simple statement, but jeebus really? Check your hand-wringing at the door and ****.

Comment

What is the average age of a Boy Scout? And at that age are most kids identifying their sexuality at all?

It was a nice little step forward I guess, but seems bizairre that the scouts are still essentially sayin that a gay person can't be a good role model.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    My immediate thought
                    I haven't seen your explanation and I don't know what you mean. I am unclear why Scouts would decline. These boys and men are the same boys and men they were before except now, instead of either lying about who they are or not being involved they can be honest. The men who were good leaders and happen to be gay are not suddenly going to turn into bad leaders. If someone judges only by sexual orientation then it is not the leader that has the trouble, it is the person who is judging on the wrong 'merits.'

Sexuality is not the most important part of most peoples' personality. When someone asks me to define myself I do not start out with my sexual preference or who I sleep with, I start out with a character trait. Others may start out with their profession. Do you look at a heterosexual and wonder who they sleep with or what they do in the bedroom as your first thought? Does who they sleep with negate all their other traits? I highly doubt it. Jesus associated with all the undesirables of his time- tax collectors, prostitutes, fallen women, lepers etc. When I see people judging those who they deem 'unfit' I wonder what Jesus would think about how we have forgotten what he has taught us.
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Cripes, how many kids under the age of 14 identify themselves as "openly" anything? The worry over this decision is preposterous and should shame anyone that claims to be an adult that can't get past it. The lack of need to worry extends far beyond that simple statement, but jeebus really? Check your hand-wringing at the door and ****.
                      They claim "openly" because parents are, in some cases, trying to force close-mindedness.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        My immediate thought

Bob doesnt care what Jesus would actually think, he cares only about what the Bible said which is gays are bad! It also said we can stone our wives...hey maybe that is why divorce is so high WIVES SHOULD BE STONED MORE OFTEN!!!!

Man...I wonder what America would be like if Bob had his way
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Bob doesnt care what Jesus would actually think, he cares only about what the Bible said which is gays are bad! It also said we can stone our wives...hey maybe that is why divorce is so high WIVES SHOULD BE STONED MORE OFTEN!!!!

Iran.

Comment

Kind of simplistic. I don't necessarily agree with Bob but I think it is a far reach to say he doesn't care what Jesus would think.

Comment

They are in Colorado and Washington State.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                They are in Colorado and Washington State.
                                Every body must get stoned!

Comment

Working...
                                X