University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Does anyone know who the Michigan fan is who wears the #21 Handel jersey? I just want to wish him luck with his pregnancy. He looks like he's about to burst and I'm sure he's due any day now. Best wishes to baby and dad!

Comment

Congratulations to all 14 hockey players that have been named to the Academic All Big 10 team!!!

Tony Calderone, Sr., Economics, Trenton, Mich.
      Chad Catt, Jr., Business Administration, Williamston, Mich.
      Dexter Dancs, Sr., International Studies, North Vancouver, B.C.
      Jack LaFontaine, So., LSA Undeclared, Mississuaga, Ontario
      Hayden Lavigne, So., LSA Undeclared, Brampton, Ontario
      Griffin Luce, So., Undeclared, Williamsville, NY.
      Cutler Martin, Sr., Political Science, East Lansing, Mich.
      Luke Martin, So., LSA Undeclared, St. Louis, Mo.
      Sam Piazza, Sr., Mechanical Engineering, Darien, Ill.
      Niko Porikos, Sr., International Studies, Ann Arbor, Mich.
      Alex Roos, Gr., Management MM, Prairie Grove, Ill.
      Jake Slaker, So., LSA Undeclared, San Diego, Calif.
      Brendan Warren, Jr., Sport Management, Carleton, Mich.
      Adam Winborg, So., LSA Undeclared, Stockholm, Sweden

I know I'm one of the few fans that note this, but to me, it's very important. So I want to call them out for a great achievement off the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Congratulations to all 14 hockey players that have been named to the Academic All Big 10 team!!!

Tony Calderone, Sr., Economics, Trenton, Mich.
        Chad Catt, Jr., Business Administration, Williamston, Mich.
        Dexter Dancs, Sr., International Studies, North Vancouver, B.C.
        Jack LaFontaine, So., LSA Undeclared, Mississuaga, Ontario
        Hayden Lavigne, So., LSA Undeclared, Brampton, Ontario
        Griffin Luce, So., Undeclared, Williamsville, NY.
        Cutler Martin, Sr., Political Science, East Lansing, Mich.
        Luke Martin, So., LSA Undeclared, St. Louis, Mo.
        Sam Piazza, Sr., Mechanical Engineering, Darien, Ill.
        Niko Porikos, Sr., International Studies, Ann Arbor, Mich.
        Alex Roos, Gr., Management MM, Prairie Grove, Ill.
        Jake Slaker, So., LSA Undeclared, San Diego, Calif.
        Brendan Warren, Jr., Sport Management, Carleton, Mich.
        Adam Winborg, So., LSA Undeclared, Stockholm, Sweden

I know I'm one of the few fans that note this, but to me, it's very important. So I want to call them out for a great achievement off the ice.
        I respect it too....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          I love the games at Yost, one of the best atmospheres for college hockey in the country.
          Didn't come up last year as it WAS the weekend of THE GAME and I felt Ohio license plates wouldn't be a good thing to be seen there but for that weekend only, never a problem other times.
          You don't need to worry about being unsafe down here for hockey and they don't schedule our home hockey games any more on Saturdays when there's a home football game.
          Michigan fans aren't violent for the most part. Sure on the odd Blue-moon you may run across a drunk Walmart Wolverine but like I said most will at most heckle you. That being said it was probably a good decision to pass this year. Parking was somewhat limited and people weren't too happy. For the vast majority of times feel free to come up though. We'll take your money.
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'm flying out to Minneapolis Wednesday late afternoon, anyone else? What are your plans other than the game? I know that there is a ton to do but is anyone going to the Michigan vs Notre Dame Pregame Meetup and Watch Party (https://www.facebook.com/events/2510433695847900/)?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              I'm flying out to Minneapolis Wednesday late afternoon, anyone else? What are your plans other than the game? I know that there is a ton to do but is anyone going to the Michigan vs Notre Dame Pregame Meetup and Watch Party (https://www.facebook.com/events/2510433695847900/)?
              Good luck against ND! I hope to see Michigan play us in the Championship game.

Comment

Thursday. And there may be a gathering on Thursday afternoon at a bar near the rink. A UM organized one.

Comment

McGovern's is an awesome spot. I went there before the 2011 FF and had a great time. Super close to the rink, good food, good drinks. Fun fact, also a Steeler's bar for NFL games.
                  NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

Go ND......Jeff Jackson needs to win another one before he retires. Mel will have 3-4 before his 10 year run ends.......

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Go ND......Jeff Jackson needs to win another one before he retires. Mel will have 3-4 before his 10 year run ends.......

Comment

Not bitter at all, we are in great shape, Mel will have his day, I hope to heck the hockey Gods smile on Coach Jackson this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Not bitter at all, we are in great shape, Mel will have his day, I hope to heck the hockey Gods smile on Coach Jackson this year.
                          Dude, it's like you just took a sip of a beer with a born on date from 1972.

Comment

This is off-topic but hilarious, did anyone see this?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...in-final-four/

Comment

You suck too!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                No one is still bitter about him leaving, we understand that part. But it would be nice if he would stop contacting our recruits.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X