Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2017 Poser of the Year

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Isn’t he in the media business for College Hockey?

I know he used to attend a lot of games in Mankato.
    I think he started the Western College Hockey blog, and eventually merged it into SBNation's college hockey site, where I think he's the managing editor.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I think he started the Western College Hockey blog, and eventually merged it into SBNation's college hockey site, where I think he's the managing editor.
      That’s my understanding as well.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I'm not sure I've ever even seen a MaizeRage post. He must do some pretty amazing business on game threads.
        It's Chris Dilks, the Michigan fan who moonlights as a Minnesota State fan and the SBN College Hockey blogger. You'll see him pop in occasionally to pile on when a conservative is getting pounded. He's the new Foxton.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          It's Chris Dilks, the Michigan fan who moonlights as a Minnesota State fan and the SBN College Hockey blogger. You'll see him pop in occasionally to pile on when a conservative is getting pounded. He's the new Foxton.
          Shots fired. Dayum. Wanna know a funny fact? He bankrolled me in my online poker days. 60-40 split his way, which was fine with me. I made my money.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Shots fired. Dayum.
            You have to admit, reading his nastier posts, the style bears an uncanny resemblance.

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever even seen a MaizeRage post. He must do some pretty amazing business on game threads.
              Really, his posts drip nasty
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So we’ve got Brent, Joe, Kepler, Rover, and Maize poised to go to the finals. Oof. Talk about an upset-free tournament.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  So we’ve got Brent, Joe, Kepler, Rover, and Maize poised to go to the finals. Oof. Talk about an upset-free tournament.
                  Flag's not even gonna get out of Round 3. That seems like an upset to me.

Guess this is what HST meant: "when the going gets weird the weird turn pro."
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It'd be the first time since becoming an entrant that I miss the semis. Not sure if good or bad thing...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      It'd be the first time since becoming an entrant that I miss the semis. Not sure if good or bad thing...
                      That's because enough people now know you're not a poser, you're a hired arm of Infowarts.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don’t count people who campaign and want the title. They’re like UNC.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I campaigned last year.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don’t remember that.
                            Code:

Comment

I don't campaign. I did the first couple of years, both for and against, for the lulz, but now I just let it play out, and let others judge. *shrug* Whatever I post nowadays is how I feel, and if people think that's PoTY, fine. I'm too old to care what people think anymore.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ralph won because he was a campaign manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X