Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    10:31 of ice time, 1 shot on net, 1 takeaway, 4 PIM.
    w00t!! Go Joe!! Edhward's parents were there.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I voted but I didn't like any of the options. I thought things like this got named as a grass roots thing where they self named and it caught on
      You mean like the blue fan group?

This is marketing think... the real problem is they feel like they need a name or something... far as I see... they dont
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

BC and UNH have announced partnerships with ESPN3 to broadcast their home games this season. Does anyone know if the Hawks home games will be available on ESPN3? It looks like the men's and women's basketball games will be on ESPN3 this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          BC and UNH have announced partnerships with ESPN3 to broadcast their home games this season. Does anyone know if the Hawks home games will be available on ESPN3? It looks like the men's and women's basketball games will be on ESPN3 this season.
          No idea, but goriverhawks.TV hasn't been updated for the new season, so that could be a good sign.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

It's hard to believe there's only a week to go before the puck drops. According to ScottK the Hockey East Media day will be Tuesday so we'll get to see what the coaches poll look like. I believe the Hockey East Media poll will be out prior to that.

It's scheduled for Tuesday. Expect a bunch of releases that afternoon on the website.
            Interesting scheduling by BU as they open their season with a game against Union Saturday night and then play an exhibition against PEI on Sunday.

It looks like the Hawks have a new equipment manager, Nicholas Lazor. Nicholas replaces Ron Grove who appears to have moved on to Notre Dame.

Comment

Media Poll:
              1-BU
              2-PC
              3-Lowell
              4-NU
              5-BC
              6-UVM
              7-MC
              8-UConn
              9-UNH
              10-UMass
              11-Maine

No Lowell players on the All-Preseason team.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For those of us who are old fogies- who would have believed yrs ago we would poll above Maine, UNH and BC?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  For those of us who are old fogies- who would have believed yrs ago we would poll above Maine, UNH and BC?
                  Won't lie ... after the first decade plus of watching Hockey East (1993-2002), I really believed that the Big Four would never change. Maybe someone would sneak in for a year or two, but the Big Four would consistently be there. Things have changed, and in my mind, definitely for the better.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

USCHO preseason poll has Lowell 5th.
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Forney and Lohin will wear the A's this season.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                        USCHO preseason poll has Lowell 5th.
                        I'm surprised they are ranked that high given the players they have lost. The USA today poll has them at #9 which is closer to what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          I'm surprised they are ranked that high given the players they have lost. The USA today poll has them at #9 which is closer to what I was thinking.
                          2nd place in the HE coaches poll. They got 5 of the 11 1st place votes, nobody else had more than 2.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

2nd place in the HE coaches poll. They got 5 of the 11 1st place votes, nobody else had more than 2.
                            Has to be the weirdest voting in recent preseason polling right? 5 teams getting first place votes...
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Has to be the weirdest voting in recent preseason polling right? 5 teams getting first place votes...
                              http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...9/sep26mcp.php

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X