X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    If I may digress from the subject of hockey for a moment -

RPI's baseball team had its home opener today (it wasn't an artistic success). There's an action photograph on the rpiathletics website.

The photograph shows an RPI player in a home white uniform, finishing his swing and getting ready to head for first base.

The thing that struck me about the photograph is that he appears to be standing on an entirely artificial turf field. No grass or dirt anywhere, even around home plate.

A question for those who are up in the Troy area - has the Tute actually resurfaced the baseball field in this manner, or is the photo on rpiathletics a file photo, taken during a game at some other site?
    I haven't seen the pic, but Robison Field is natural grass, so it must be a file photo
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
      Can't get the article with either link.
      If you have Developer Tools in your browser (F12), look at the HTML of the page in question. You should be able to get to the text of the article that way. You might see some tags using the less-than and greater-than signs, but if you look around those, you should see what you're looking for.

Viewing the source should also give it to you.

Comment

Today is 3 April 2017. There are 181 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
          Can't get the article with either link.
          What issue are you having with the link I provided? I can't find a way that it's not working.

EDIT: Actually, I figured it out. You're probably using Internet Explorer - which I didn't think of initially because it's 2017.
          Last edited by realet; 04-03-2017, 07:48 AM.
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-and-academics
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I see alot of these artilcles repeating the same thing about academics, the fieldhouse, commitment to hockey, etc. Count me as one who sees Yale, Harvard and Union all in the Frozen four the past couple of years, all with substandard facilites and top notch academics. Cannot comment on their commitment to hockey and each of these institutions. I don't think there is a person on this board expecting regular apperances in the Frozen Four or even regular ECAC championships. But how about a few trips the the ECAC final 4 every decade and regular finishes in the top half of the ECAC. I frimly believe the resources for that have always been there and every once in a while a couple players might put RPI in the top 15 in the nation. In conclusion, I don't think RPI's commitment is much different than any of their ECAC bretheren and expectations are not what they were in the mid-80's. All the tools are there to put a competitive, entertaining team on the ice, while giving these student-atheletes a wonderful education.

Comment

There probably isn't going to be much agreement when it comes to academics, especially considering the classroom is first and foremost. Not to mention, those that don't want a real degree can go to Major Junior. This is why college hockey's GPA is amongst the highest for all NCAA participants. Sure, many of them do Business Management, but I wouldn't consider that degree path to be much of a slouch, as I'm sure some posters could testify.

As for the cash, it's too early to determine at this point. The source of funding recently underwent a hostile takeover, and it could be construed that the students didn't want to spend much on the hockey program. Maybe the administration has a different plan. As much as I don't like some of the administrators (and actively check RPI board status during proxy votes), it is only fair to give them their due opportunity before viewing them without confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                  What issue are you having with the link I provided? I can't find a way that it's not working.

EDIT: Actually, I figured it out. You're probably using Internet Explorer - which I didn't think of initially because it's 2017.
                  Thanks for the browser information. I always use Explorer first. Never gave it a thought to try a different browser.

Comment

"Jeff Cox‏
                    @JeffCoxSports

Expect announcement on the new coach at RPI in the next day or two. Recruits were told around April 1, interviews concluded end last week."

Barr or Dave Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I haven't seen the pic, but Robison Field is natural grass, so it must be a file photo
                      According to the RPI Athletics Twitter feed, it looks like they have a new turf field. https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...59228407652353

Comment

Originally posted by Jstas91 View Post
                        "Jeff Cox‏
                        @JeffCoxSports

Expect announcement on the new coach at RPI in the next day or two. Recruits were told around April 1, interviews concluded end last week."

Barr or Dave Smith?
                        The sooner the better.
                        Once the coach is in place, he can meet with the recruits and they can decide if they are going to stay or not.
                        Do we know if any of the assistant coaches are staying? It might help in keeping some of the recruits that might be on the fence.
                        It will be nice to know what the team is going to look like in October.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

No shot for either. NCAA coaching experience is an absolute requirement for a D1 HC position. Riley probably has the qualifications to be an assistant, especially considering the family he comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Jstas91 View Post
                            "Jeff Cox‏
                            @JeffCoxSports

Barr or Dave Smith?
                            Or Riga or Gosek? Is there anything suggesting they're no longer in the running?
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              I see alot of these artilcles repeating the same thing about academics, the fieldhouse, commitment to hockey, etc. Count me as one who sees Yale, Harvard and Union all in the Frozen four the past couple of years, all with substandard facilites and top notch academics. Cannot comment on their commitment to hockey and each of these institutions. I don't think there is a person on this board expecting regular apperances in the Frozen Four or even regular ECAC championships. But how about a few trips the the ECAC final 4 every decade and regular finishes in the top half of the ECAC. I frimly believe the resources for that have always been there and every once in a while a couple players might put RPI in the top 15 in the nation. In conclusion, I don't think RPI's commitment is much different than any of their ECAC bretheren and expectations are not what they were in the mid-80's. All the tools are there to put a competitive, entertaining team on the ice, while giving these student-atheletes a wonderful education.
                              . Agree 100%. It's amazing to me that Reporters continue to write pieces siting HFH "deficiencies " while Union has built a powerhouse program with a DOT rock salt shed for a rink. Rubbish
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                The sooner the better.
                                Once the coach is in place, he can meet with the recruits and they can decide if they are going to stay or not.
                                Do we know if any of the assistant coaches are staying? It might help in keeping some of the recruits that might be on the fence.
                                It will be nice to know what the team is going to look like in October.
                                The staff needs to be HCs decision, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X