Big Ten > NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    the Big Ten does have NC in other sports, you know, the one's that matter. Unlike, say, the nachos, who have zero.
    When's the last time the Gophers got one of those? Or do you get hard when Ohio State wins a football title?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      When's the last time the Gophers got one of those? Or do you get hard when Ohio State wins a football title?
      The Dance team has won 12 National Championships since 2003. No one else even comes close to that magnificence.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I was in California when I was 5, so this is the hockey I got to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuxvFqOgXgk
        Oh man. Table top hockey with a wind up kitchen timer bell for 5-minute periods. That's right up there.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Oh man. Table top hockey with a wind up kitchen timer bell for 5-minute periods. That's right up there.
          Nok Hockey! Hours spent at the local parks. Winner stays, baby! https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...40438264861947

Edit: note: we had the cool metal sticks. Not this modern crap.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Dance team has won 12 National Championships since 2003. No one else even comes close to that magnificence.
            Dance off!!

Comment

I don't know about that, our girls team is really good too.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Nok Hockey! Hours spent at the local parks. Winner stays, baby! https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...40438264861947

Edit: note: we had the cool metal sticks. Not this modern crap.
                My buddy had one of those (stiga maybe?) with a magnetic puck. The center could get the puck, back down the slot and either backhand or forehand it around the goalie. Once you got the feel of how hard you could swing the stick and still keep the puck on, it was hard to stop. But the game was better with a regular puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                  If the Gophers play the best game they’re capable of playing, they should be up 3-0 after 1 period on their way to a 5-1 victory.
                  Notre Dame should win decisively unless they play down to the level of the competition.
                  Have a good weekend, Dave. I always enjoy when your ******y prognostications get thrown back at your face. Don't go disappearing on us early this year.

Comment

The vaunted B1G.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Big Ten teams are currently 4-1-1 vs. the vastly overrated NCHC this year.
                      Need an update
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Need an update
                        4-4-1. looks like NCHC is still overrated.

Comment

4-4-1. looks like NCHC is still overrated.
                          Doh-kay
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Doh-kay
                            I can show you how to look it up yourself, if you want.

Comment

I can show you how to look it up yourself, if you want.
                              Glad to see you are still with us Happy... I was worried you'd be swinging with the breeze under the I-35 bridge with Dave this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                Glad to see you are still with us Happy... I was worried you'd be swinging with the breeze under the I-35 bridge with Dave this morning.
                                I am a fan, but in the game of life, losing a hockey game is no big deal. After all, they weren't going to go undefeated, they don't pay my bills, and I didn't pay for a trip to Vegas. Now that I got rid of my toxic, soul-stealing meat grinder of a job, everything looks happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X